We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1516171819NEXT
Joe Rogan good or bad? Options

Bill Cipher
#321 Posted : 5/4/2021 5:55:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ColorfulElfBoy wrote:
Can we all agree that Joe is Bald at least?

dragonrider wrote:
Not only that. I also agree that his head does indeed look like a basketball.

Agreed and agreed.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ColorfulElfBoy
#322 Posted : 5/4/2021 5:58:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
ColorfulElfBoy wrote:

Could it be that terrence mckenna mistook joe rogan for a DMT entity when he spoke of self dribbling bejuwelled basketballs? He must have hallucinated the jewellery then, or maybe there is a dimension somewhere, filled with bejewelled joe rogans who create vissible language and make gifts for all the visitors.

lol Big grin

Voidmatrix
#323 Posted : 5/4/2021 6:04:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I dunno how cool I'd be with bejewelled self dribbling joe Rogan's came running toward me...

Big grin

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ColorfulElfBoy
#324 Posted : 5/4/2021 7:14:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I swear this reminded me of something Razz

https://youtu.be/GRVpWwMXrl8?t=627

RoundAbout
#325 Posted : 5/4/2021 7:24:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do think he has the general impression "authorities" will deceive the public and treat people like children. Hence his fixation on vitamins and fitness to reduce risk, and frustration that it is not emphasized. Early on, the CDC stated (IIRC) that masks are not effective... presumably to prevent a hospital shortage. This probably contributed to him not taking masks seriously. He probably thinks the government is incompetent and is destroying people's livelihoods carelessly. It seems he has adopted the view that the virus originated from the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Since stating his belief, the former director of the CDC has publicly stated that he believes the virus originated from there. He's sorting through conflicting information from authorities in general.

ColorfulElfBoy wrote:

No, he shaves his head which indicates he is baldING. At the very least his hair transplant is probably holding out.

dragonrider wrote:

No. With headphones on, his head's true form is realized: a kettlebell. Coming soon to Onnit.

ShamanisticVibes
#326 Posted : 5/4/2021 9:48:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

RoundAbout wrote:

No. With headphones on, his head's true form is realized: a kettlebell. Coming soon to Onnit.

Laughing KETTLEBELL! That's what it is. I am sitting here reading like "WTF it does NOT look like a basketball", but it also doesn't look very much like a human head either. And referencing a phallus has been done to a million bald guys before him, so that is out. But....headphones, kettle bell. Fricken amazing! This comment wins the day. Thanks for the laugh, buddy. Laughing
May we continue to be blessed

Wolfnippletip
#327 Posted : 5/4/2021 10:03:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

....kettlebell?
Wolfnippletip attached the following image(s):
roganmug.png (3,448kb) downloaded 181 time(s).
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

downwardsfromzero
#328 Posted : 5/4/2021 10:18:00 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Jeo Rogan gets mentioned (in passing) here:

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Bill Cipher
#329 Posted : 5/4/2021 11:30:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, John Oliver puts it better than I can, but I'm in agreement with everything he said there.

Sadly, you will never go broke betting on the stupidity of U.S. citizens, or the moral degeneracy of those who seek to exploit that mental handicap. A growing percentage are simply unreachable (having spun off the planet to crazytown), which doesn't bode well for a post-pandemic Earth anytime soon.

Spiralout
#330 Posted : 5/5/2021 12:48:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the main issue these days is that we can't seem to have any type of conversation with out it being completely picked apart. People are going to contradict themselves, say stupid things, say things passionately which they think are true and end up changing there minds when they've been presented with more evidence and thought it through. Nobody has all the answers. I have grown incredibly tired of the entire social atmosphere at this point to be honest.

Voidmatrix
#331 Posted : 5/5/2021 12:54:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiralout wrote:
I think the main issue these days is that we can't seem to have any type of conversation with out it being completely picked apart. People are going to contradict themselves, say stupid things, say things passionately which they think are true and end up changing there minds when they've been presented with more evidence and thought it through. Nobody has all the answers. I have grown incredibly tired of the entire social atmosphere at this point to be honest.

You're not alone my friend. I'm already pretty introverted, but in the past year, and not just because of lockdowns, I'm kinda disinterested in a lot of engagements and socializing.

One love

What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ShamanisticVibes
#332 Posted : 5/5/2021 8:15:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Spiralout wrote:

I completely agree! It is very frustrating these days to have any sort of social contact with anyone who considers themselves "In the know" or "educated/informed". As they seem to pester and bully to the point that they do a disservice to the point they are trying to make. It is near impossible to relax and have a conversation without some folks getting extremely polarized to the point of making things uncomfortable; even unbearable. At the risk of going on a tangent, I remember a saying that used to get thrown around a lot. "He/She has their ways". And what this meant to me was this... That person had their particular beliefs and/or ways of thinking. It may have not been the same as the person making the statement, but that person acknowledged the prerogative of the opposing viewpoint, and regardless of said viewpoint, they accepted that person for who they are. This virtue is basically extinct these days, which makes it very difficult to have any honest conversation with anyone. It seems as if either you agree, and alternate stroking egos in an echo chamber, or it becomes a war. Neither of which are constructive or perpetuate any sort of growth at all. I have been thinking about posting a communication thread, but have not had the time to do the proper research. But I have theories, and I feel that if I dug deep enough into scientific literature, that I could prove my hypothesis. This place is really, in my opinion, one of the last bastions of open conversation. Ironically enough, right alongside Joe's podcast, but that is a whole 'nother conversation at this point Big grin
May we continue to be blessed

Voidmatrix
#333 Posted : 5/5/2021 4:06:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamanisticVibes wrote:
Spiralout wrote:

I completely agree! It is very frustrating these days to have any sort of social contact with anyone who considers themselves "In the know" or "educated/informed". As they seem to pester and bully to the point that they do a disservice to the point they are trying to make. It is near impossible to relax and have a conversation without some folks getting extremely polarized to the point of making things uncomfortable; even unbearable. At the risk of going on a tangent, I remember a saying that used to get thrown around a lot. "He/She has their ways". And what this meant to me was this... That person had their particular beliefs and/or ways of thinking. It may have not been the same as the person making the statement, but that person acknowledged the prerogative of the opposing viewpoint, and regardless of said viewpoint, they accepted that person for who they are. This virtue is basically extinct these days, which makes it very difficult to have any honest conversation with anyone. It seems as if either you agree, and alternate stroking egos in an echo chamber, or it becomes a war. Neither of which are constructive or perpetuate any sort of growth at all. I have been thinking about posting a communication thread, but have not had the time to do the proper research. But I have theories, and I feel that if I dug deep enough into scientific literature, that I could prove my hypothesis. This place is really, in my opinion, one of the last bastions of open conversation. Ironically enough, right alongside Joe's podcast, but that is a whole 'nother conversation at this point Big grin

It's why I'm so thankful and grateful to all of you and this community Love

One love

dragonrider
#334 Posted : 5/5/2021 4:14:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, i'm completely done with the polarisation as well.
The extremists from both sides are polarizing eachother and trying to force people to take sides.
They both do themselves what they accuse the other side of, and then point at the other side to justify their own behaviour.

I no longer believe that the fanatics on either side realy have an ideology. The violence, the hate, the fights and the polarisation itself has become their motive.

Both far left as well as far right regimes and terrorist groups have brutally slaughtered many millions of people, over the past century.

It is an indisputable historic fact that the hammer and sickle represent a brutally sadistic, murderous, totalitarian slaughterhouse as much as the swastika does.

The extremes on both sides are equal in the pure evil they hunger for.

They are both authoritarian and totalitarian, they both glorify violence, hate and destruction, they both are intolerant rigid and agressive, they both see themselves as superior, they both look down on everyone who isn't like them, they both see people as pawns or instruments only, they both hunger for absolute power, and they both don't ever want to stop fighting.

I don't see why anyone would have to pick sides between the two, or how one evil justifies another.

This is a very simple test: suppose someone would have absolute and total power. And then ask yourself what they would do with anyone who disagrees with them, or who asks critical questions.

If you worry about the answer to that question, then it is better not to associate with those people.

RowRowRowYourBoat
#335 Posted : 5/5/2021 6:00:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Generally I can say that making judgements about whether things are good or bad and right or wrong and then expressing those judgements lead to a conversation devolving and people only entrenching in their point of view even harder. If you can keep an open mind yourself and also communicate in a style that enables the other person to remain calm and feel open to peaceably express themselves you can often learn much more and bridge gaps in opinion much more efficiently than if you begin with judgement and disagreement.

Personally, I enjoy a good debate, I like disagreeing with people, picking apart all sides of a discussion, playing devil's advocate, etc. all in the good-hearted name of curiosity, interest, and learning, however most people do not feel this way at all. As someone who was very open to new ideas and differences of opinion it took me a while to learn that many people are so attached to their ideas that they feel angry, hurt, or attacked when theirs are questioned. I have spent some years trying to cultivate a less argumentative communication style and have discovered the greater levels of communication that can occur when you keep things at the level of a discussion and do not set people off so that they go into debate or argument mode. This can take a lot of self control and also tact, as you have to consider not just your own feelings but also to try to perceive how someone else is interpreting and reacting to a discussion.

I have found that even when discussing something from a 'neutral' point of view there are subtleties in your communication style which can be interpreted by other people as either approval or disapproval. For instance, if someone is talking about a point of view which you find interesting you have a choice to focus in and ask questions on the points of their argument which seem weak or those which they seem strong on. If you repeatedly focus on and question the weaker parks of their opinion they can perceive your curiosity as attacks on their point of view, instead you can choose to inquire about those parts of their views which seem to be better or more thoroughly thought out and you can end up learning just as much or even more without the person becoming agitated, defensive, or even offended. Focusing on the weak points can be useful if you are trying to win a debate and in most all other instances only serve to hamper discussion.
Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Why you should NOT take DMT

Voidmatrix
#336 Posted : 5/5/2021 6:13:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RowRowRowYourBoat wrote:
Generally I can say that making judgements about whether things are good or bad and right or wrong and then expressing those judgements lead to a conversation devolving and people only entrenching in their point of view even harder. If you can keep an open mind yourself and also communicate in a style that enables the other person to remain calm and feel open to peaceably express themselves you can often learn much more and bridge gaps in opinion much more efficiently than if you begin with judgement and disagreement.

Personally, I enjoy a good debate, I like disagreeing with people, picking apart all sides of a discussion, playing devil's advocate, etc. all in the good-hearted name of curiosity, interest, and learning, however most people do not feel this way at all. As someone who was very open to new ideas and differences of opinion it took me a while to learn that many people are so attached to their ideas that they feel angry, hurt, or attacked when theirs are questioned. I have spent some years trying to cultivate a less argumentative communication style and have discovered the greater levels of communication that can occur when you keep things at the level of a discussion and do not set people off so that they go into debate or argument mode. This can take a lot of self control and also tact, as you have to consider not just your own feelings but also to try to perceive how someone else is interpreting and reacting to a discussion.

I have found that even when discussing something from a 'neutral' point of view there are subtleties in your communication style which can be interpreted by other people as either approval or disapproval. For instance, if someone is talking about a point of view which you find interesting you have a choice to focus in and ask questions on the points of their argument which seem weak or those which they seem strong on. If you repeatedly focus on and question the weaker parks of their opinion they can perceive your curiosity as attacks on their point of view, instead you can choose to inquire about those parts of their views which seem to be better or more thoroughly thought out and you can end up learning just as much or even more without the person becoming agitated, defensive, or even offended. Focusing on the weak points can be useful if you are trying to win a debate and in most all other instances only serve to hamper discussion.

While versed in logic and debating, I actually find it generally unproductive. To me it's too binary in too many minds, as it is about winning and losing more so than "truth" and understanding. I'd rather have discussions. I also try to speak and highlight my subjectivity and avoid absolutes in statements so that no one feels attacked. It's also why I say things like, "it's all just paradigms to me," and such so as to hint that I'm not attacking anyone when I pose a question to explore their thinking.

But Rowrowrowyourboat said it well, many seem unaware of their thinking and are horribly attached to what they think and believe. Change is constant, and our thoughts and beliefs are not exempt from change.

I think that some people become defensive also because they aren't sure how to elucidate more on their thinking when questioned, often, perhaps, because they haven't really explored it themselves.

Polarization seems to tie into the overly binary thought paradigms surrounding us. It's a kind of tribalism to feel the need to pick a side; an extension of survival traits.

Perhaps this is all just part of human evolution and individuals like us conversing about it is a sign of that change in evolution... maybe I'm being idealistic and whimsical Love
Big grin

One love

dragonrider
#337 Posted : 5/5/2021 7:39:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, it is a form of tribalism. That's also why the strategy applied by cambridge analytics was so succesfull.

In many ways we still live in the "paradigm of the 60's", where there was a civil rights struggle going on that literally WAS as binary as black and white, male and female, etc.

Many people see todays struggles in the same light. People on the left say that their current struggle is the continuation of the struggle of the 60's, but many of the people on the right also refer to the 60's and say:"we are the countercultural movement of this generation".

I personally think this era is nothing like the 60's. It's more a fragmentization of society today, where people live in their own little bubbles and fight to be shielded from opinions that exist outside of these little bubbles, instead of good versus evil.

Voidmatrix
#338 Posted : 5/5/2021 8:08:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
Yes, it is a form of tribalism. That's also why the strategy applied by cambridge analytics was so succesfull.

In many ways we still live in the "paradigm of the 60's", where there was a civil rights struggle going on that literally WAS as binary as black and white, male and female, etc.

Many people see todays struggles in the same light. People on the left say that their current struggle is the continuation of the struggle of the 60's, but many of the people on the right also refer to the 60's and say:"we are the countercultural movement of this generation".

I personally think this era is nothing like the 60's. It's more a fragmentization of society today, where people live in their own little bubbles and fight to be shielded from opinions that exist outside of these little bubbles, instead of good versus evil.

Well said.

Reading this made me think of many cognitive biases that most are unaware of. Bandwagon effect is a big one that supports your point about everyone being in their own bubbles. Creates an echo chamber with the cognitive bias that stipulates "the more one hears something the more likely they are to think it's true," (sorry, I can't remember the name of that one right now), not to mention the many confirmation biases.

I am a "mixed race" individual, and personally, am sick of the polarization and tribalism that surrounds race. I don't care what race you are. I'm more interested in what's going on in your mind. Being predominantly "black" due to not fitting common stereotypes, have been told many times that I'm not black, or I'm "into white people stuff." People that have statements of the sort are a little too basic and naive for me to want to interact with, but I try to humbly and kindly show them the potential errors in thinking they may be committing. This type of thing also leaves me singled out often; I don't "fit" into black culture, so am treated differently by black people, and I'm not white, but because of how I speak, dress and think, am lumped in with them, but not actually , because I'm predominantly black.

I laugh at it all now.

Have even been called things like "Uncle Tom" despite my awareness and embrace of afro history (african descendant history the world over).

One love

Deltah
#339 Posted : 5/5/2021 9:45:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am a half-breed. When I was five years old, in the homeland of my mother (and she is something like local Indians), we visited the family of her sister, my aunt, then on my own skin faced the rejection of me as a half-breed from my brothers. .tam is very highly developedpurity of blood. they threw me into the forest (deep forest), but after wandering around here and there, I myself found the way without getting lost, and there was a place to get lost
....P.S
sorry for my english

Asian Dub Foundation - Siberian Slengteng (with the participation of Yat-Ha)

dithyramb
#340 Posted : 5/5/2021 10:15:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

People have a lot of anger and are looking for objects to direct their anger at.

But nothing, NOTHΔ°NG justifies cursing or belittling other people, individuals or anonymous groups.

The video that DFZ posted is trying to be informative and funny, but sorry, calling a person you dont know an idiot and asking people to be kind is paradoxical and ineffective.

We thought psychedelics were all about the realization that love is the most essential thing, what's going on here?

Δ°t's not just a matter of abstract morals. You can't get your message across by spewing hatred at people who are candidates to receive and accept your message. You might as well just mass murder them all if you hate them so much and believe they are nothing but an obstacle to "fixing" the world.

Sorry, western civilization. You have some unrealistic views on reality. Δ°t actually is not possible to achieve total control over humanity and the planet. Some things need to be surrendered to. Join a Yage ceremony and purge your mass ego.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the β€œrepresentative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

«PREV1516171819NEXT