We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hamilton looks at Bufotenine in Season 3 of Pharmacopiea Options

JefFlux
#1 Posted : 2/13/2021 11:33:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this is my favourite episode of the new season thus far...fascinating how overlooked Bufotenine has been, with Ott seemingly the only one to write about its visionary potential and given its earlier discovery than other tryptamines. Hamilton looks mostly at Anadenanthera/Cebil in this episode:

Hamilton's Pharmacopeia S03E05 Bufotenine: In Search of Hataj | Hamilton's Pharmacopeia Season 3
https://youtu.be/qEm9VLJ8RpY

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ShamensStamen
#2 Posted : 2/13/2021 6:26:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah i thought the into bit was funny, people telling him to do an episode on bufotenine lol.

JefFlux
#3 Posted : 2/18/2021 9:15:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

...yeh - I'm figuring that actually happened to him and he's integrated it into the show. He also seems to have adopted a more evolved cinematic aesthetic than previous seasons...there's some cool graphics and photography (even kinda 'arty' in places)

Exitwound
#4 Posted : 2/19/2021 6:06:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like how Hamilton doesn't try to suffocate you with his knowledge/experience, unlike many psychedelic figures in modern mediasphere.

ShamanisticVibes
#5 Posted : 4/13/2021 7:43:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hamilton has been an integral part in my re-entry into the world of psychedelics and plant medicines. I love his objective viewpoints and his dedication to responsible journalism. I would not be the man I am today without his influences (as well as many others).
May we continue to be blessed

Tony6Strings
#6 Posted : 4/14/2021 5:09:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool thanks for sharing. I love hamilton's pharm.

olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

dithyramb
#7 Posted : 4/14/2021 9:23:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seems like the "shaman" played along, probably for monetary gain, and did not let hamilton into his sacred sphere.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

RoundAbout
#8 Posted : 4/14/2021 9:46:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
Seems like the "shaman" played along, probably for monetary gain, and did not let hamilton into his sacred sphere.

He didn't give Hamilton a large dose.

dragonrider
#9 Posted : 4/15/2021 1:19:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That was a cool video.

Bufotenine is probably one of the most underestimated psychedelic substances.

I usually take it with other psychedelics because you need less of it then to achieve very spectacular results.

The same effects that cause the nausea when larger quantities are taken, are extremely pleasurable and euphoric in smaller quantities.
It gives a very warm and pleasant sort of mellow feeling, and the sensation of floating.

It has some characteristics of the stoned feelings you can get from weed, but also a bit of the mellowness of mescaline, and it is a bit like a strong caffeine or mild nicotine buzz as well.

People who also suffer from motion sickness are probably more likely to get very nauseous from it though, so if you have that a lot it probably isn't something you would enjoy. Or maybe you should take something against motionsickness beforehand.

Smoking is the most effective method of taking it by far, with the least side effects.

Snorting it may be a more effective method than taking it sublingually, but i personally think the chance of accidentally swallowing some of it is smaller when you take it sublingually.

You don't want to swallow it.

AlbertChemist
#10 Posted : 4/28/2021 3:44:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering two things about this episode:

In an earlier episode he shows how to Toad it, but converting 5-Methoxytryptamine to 5-MeO-DMT, with NaBH4 and formaldehyde.

Soooo... if one wants to boof it without Adenantera perigrina, could Hamilton's earlier synthesis be used to make boof just by using 5-HO-Tryptamine (serotonin) as the precursor)?

FTY, I don't know how much 5-MeO-tryptamine costs, but for something that's just a neurotransmitter (and an extremely abundant one too), serotonin is ridiculously expensive!

So maybe extracting it from sebil is ultimately the more viable route (especially since it doesn't involve squeezing slimy toads).

Al

endlessness
#11 Posted : 4/28/2021 9:57:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't comment on the synth part but bufotenine is reasonably easy to extract from Anadenanthera seeds... it's just not very easy to have a nice looking clean freebase crystal ime (maybe someone already solved the best re-x solvent or dual solvent combination for it and im just not up-to-date on it). It's pretty easy to come with decent looking fumarate crystals by doing FASA though..