We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Panaeolus subbalteatus / cinctulus Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 4/22/2021 10:49:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone have experience with this species? I may be able to get some starting material.

There is not much info on the web.
Apparently it grows all over the world, from the tropics to Alaska. Apart from psilocybin and baeocystin it contains serotonin and 5-HTP and is more empathogenic than the other species.

Is it easy to grow in a lawn? Is it potent?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

kerelsk
#2 Posted : 6/5/2021 12:46:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, somewhat old post but I thought I'd throw in:

Be careful with the yard Pans, don't eat a bunch of unknowns all at once.
Years ago I ate a good amount of what I identified as P. cinctulus. I'm still quite sure they were all Pans, and they did have jet black spore prints, but I spent 4-5 hours feeling weird, and another 1.5 puking my guts out. No tryptamine buzz delivered.

You can see from this post that the caps were pretty black to my eye. So I haven't found an accord with this species, although they do appear to be almost everywhere.

On the other hand, I was working on a farm once years ago, and found some large, beautiful Cincts in manure, which is supposed to be a more definitive place for P. cinct instead of P. foe. Those did deliver, actually, with minimal nausea. The only problem was after sampling some I had a very difficult time distinguishing mushroom characteristics to pick more. The mushroom image rose up behind my eyelids, as I had been looking for them all day. Joyous, a "you found us!" feeling. They must be different strains I guess?

Jagube
#3 Posted : 6/5/2021 8:04:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the heads-up, kerelsk.

I don't think that applies so much to my case though, as I would be getting confirmed Pan. cinctulus spawn.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 6/6/2021 9:36:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Kerelsk - this post in that same thread you mentioned really hits the mark. The times I've found Pan. cinctulus they've shone their celestial light at me in some curious way and just known what they are (notwithstanding years of poring over mushroom identification guides Big grin )

Jagube - horse dung seems to be a favourable component of the fruiting substrate. And it's true, the high is more dreamy and empathogenic so I wish you every success!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Sakkadelic
#5 Posted : 6/7/2021 5:53:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

kerelsk wrote:
You can see from this post that the caps were pretty black to my eye. So I haven't found an accord with this species, although they do appear to be almost everywhere.

These do look like the common lawn mushroom Panaeolus foenisecii
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 1/15/2023 10:43:46 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Here's a pic of some definite Pan cinctulus from a while back. On horse dung and wood chips in the pumpkin patch!
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
2018-08-15_12-05-29.jpg (459kb) downloaded 42 time(s).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dithyramb
#7 Posted : 1/16/2023 7:28:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have one experience with a pan which was suggested to be cinctulus. It was gentle, smooth, clear, and heart opening.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1084982#post1084982 My dose was just a few mushrooms as in the photo.

Would like to explore it further if it crosses my way again.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo