We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[News]Psilocybin: Magic mushroom compound 'promising' for depression Options

downwardsfromzero
#1 Posted : 4/15/2021 10:56:11 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Heard the end of a snippet on the radio news so I looked on the website. Perhaps it was this:
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56745139

Psilocybin is equal to or better than escitalopram:
Quote:
The scientists from Imperial College London's Centre for Psychedelic Research measured participants' mood and functioning using a number of different measures.

Their primary measure scores people's symptoms of depression based on their answers to questions about sleep, energy, appetite, mood and suicidal thoughts.

These questions are largely negatively focused: they ask whether someone is feeling sad, but not whether they are feeling happy.

By this measure, psilocybin performed as well as a conventional antidepressant - an SSRI called escitalopram.

All 59 participants saw comparable reductions in their depressive symptoms.

But on several other measures - though they weren't the scientists' primary focus - the psychedelic drug performed considerably better.

That includes measures of work and social functioning, mental well-being and the ability to feel happy.

The study is among the first to pit the psychedelic head-to-head with a traditional depression treatment - and to open the trial to anyone with moderate-to-severe depression, not just those for whom all other treatments had failed.

Important to note:
Quote:
Both groups were given therapy.

Prof Nutt said the therapy was "as important as the drug action" - the scientists are anxious to warn against people trying to self-medicate.

"It's not the drug alone. We're not sure the drug alone would have an intrinsic antidepressant effect," he said.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 4/15/2021 12:37:41 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Just from personal experience from people close to me, I can attest to this. My mom said the 2 month regimen Of microdosing did more for her than any antidepressant she’s ever been on. And my wife noticed a big improvement in her depression while microdosing. And this is without therapy. I can only imagine the increased benefit of doing it in tandem with therapy.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Loveall
#3 Posted : 4/15/2021 3:00:15 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

If it is ever found that the drug alone is not an antidepressant I'll be very surprised.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 4/15/2021 7:26:14 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Dr Robin Carhart-Harris has also been interviewed (today, I think?) by the BBC about the trials.
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/health-56764279

Nice one 'brave sir'! Smile

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli