We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
NONTOXIC LIMONENE TEK Options

SyZyGyPSy
#1 Posted : 4/16/2008 6:33:28 PM
Tryptophilese Metaphysticus Anomalopteris III

OK here's the deal: petrochemical solvents suck. They're bad mojo. If you're one of those people who believes your intent affects the outcome of your operation, then you should be interested in this:

There's natural products that can be used to replace ALL petroleum products on the market today. Extraction solvents are no exception.

My friend Swim has been experimenting with d-limonene, the oil of orange peels, on his yacht in international waters where there are no laws. He has found a method of using limonene-extracted MHRB in conjunction with harmaloid freebase rue extract to produce a most awesome healing medicine.

He will have me post an updated tek soon... in the mean time, here's the old version he's asked me to move over from the old forum archives:
The Ultimate Secret of the Universe is that there is no Ultimate Secret of the Universe... there's just a bunch of stuff that happens.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SyZyGyPSy
#2 Posted : 4/16/2008 6:34:00 PM

Ok so here's the best way to do a nontoxic limonene extraction on MHRB for all you petrophobes out there, based on the notes Swim sent me from his recent experiments in international waters:

1. Take some root bark powder (or pieces or whatever), put it in a crock pot, and add some basified tap water (roughly 1.75 liters h2o was used for 100g rb, with I think a little over 100g NaOH mixed into the water prior to adding it to the rb).

2. Add some limonene, doesn't really matter how much but Swim likes to use a lot, ~500ml, cuz he recycleth it. Put the crock pot on the "keep warm" setting and let it set for awhile. Swim likes it to set overnite so the lye has a chance to gnaw away at the root bark cell walls.

3. Stir it all up so all the magick has a chance to come into contact with the limo. Then let it settle again.

4. CAREFULLY pour off the limo into a receptacle with large surface area such as a baking dish or another crock pot liner or a large bowl or something. The idea is to be pouring into a wide enough area that anything that runs down the side of the ceramic crock pot liner still drips off the bottom into the receptacle. Try to pour off only the limonene, but if some basified solution makes it in then that's ok too.

5. Put the limo into a sep funnel. If any basified soln spilled over, you may have to wait a day or so for it all to settle to the bottom - the limo should be clear, not cloudy. Drain off any basified soln once it settles.

6. Wash the limo by adding 1-2 ml of 10% ammonia. If your limo is clear and clean (i.e. if you managed to pour off only limo and no basified soln) you might get away with skipping this step, but I'd do it anyway just cuz. If your limo is dirty cuz you poured off lotsa base with it, and especially if'n you were in a hurry and didn't wait 'till the limo was completely clear, you might wanna wash it twice or even thrice. (It's not too big a deal though, cuz any NaOH that makes it to the final phase will be converted to sodium acetate when you add vinegar, and sodium acetate seems to be harmless in small amounts. The ammo washing is mainly just for purity's sake and can actually be left out entirely without bad results... Swim knows cuz he didn't do it the first time he came up with this recipe.) Swim then drains the ammonia back into his base soup so any magick it pulls can be recovered on his next limo pull.

7. Wash away any ammonia residue with 1ml tap water. This seems like a good idea cuz the next step is adding vinegar, which may react with ammonia to produce ammonium acetate, which we don't want (I'm really not sure about this, anyone who knows more than I do about what happens when you mix the two & whether it's dangerous or not, please chime in!). Again, drain the tap water wash back into your base soup to recover any magick it pulleth out.

7.5 OPTIONAL: If you want smoke-able magick without resorting to petroleum, the best way Swim has found so far is to add non-denatured lab-grade ethanol to the limo at this point. Some freebase magick will migrate to the ETOH which can then be evaporated and smoked (where legal). However this is not really cost effective, so he's still hoping to find a better way. But in the mean time, he's happy knowing it can be done.

8. Add vine gar (vinegar) unto the limonene. Dunno how much is optimal yet, probly 100-200ml is good. Swish it around some... sometimes Swim shaketh the hell out of it, which seems to make the gar a bit cloudier but the end result is still good. Other times he just swirls it around and then upends it while it's still swirling. Experiment to find your preferred method, but since emulsions aren't really a problem at this point it really doesn't seem to matter much, IMO.

9. Drain off the vine gar into a baking dish and repeat step 8 once or twice more to pull all the magick out of the limo and into the gar. The baking dish, with the combined gar pulls, can then be placed under a phan fro evap-o-ration. Swim has a glasstop stove, so he puts his ceramic dish on a burner on "low" with a huge phan pointing at it. Your final product is gonna be sticky & in salt form, so there's no danger of it evaporating or blowing away.

10. Repeat steps 2-9 several times until no more magick is yielded (or so little that you decide it's not worth the trouble any more). You can recycle used limo indefinately. It might be a good idea to exhaust the base soup with used limo, then add some fresh limo for one last pull just to see if it gets anything that the recycled limo misses...

It's probably a good idea to evap each gar pull separately the first time you do this, so you can get a feel for how many pulls it takes to get all the magick out of your bark. Then, on future extractions of the same bark, you might wanna combine all your gar pulls and evap them all at once, just so that your end product is of a standardized quality.

Your final product will not be 100% pure alkaloid, but it will be close enough. Weigh it as if it were pure, you'll not notice a difference. Vine gar leaves a little residue behind for some reason, but it's not a big deal. Also some plant oils might make it across, but again this is negligible.

Scrape up the goo left over in your evap dish after the gar evaporates, and gelcap it. The best way to do this is to scrape some up onto the edge of a razor blade and then just run the empty gelcap along the side of the blade in such a way that all the goo goes into the gelcap. It's easy with a little practice. 200-300mg seems to be an average dose, eaten shortly after 200-300mg of harmaloid freebase extract (made using this TEK: http://www.dmt-nexus.me/...BB2/viewtopic.php?t=3206 )

As for the efficiency of this TEK, Swim has already gotten several grams of product from 100g bark, and there's still more coming. Of course, being in salt form adds the weight of the acetate into the equation, but still... it's ridiculous what kind of yield he's getting with this stuff! If one really wanted to know, one could presumably exhaust the soup with limonene until it quit yielding anything, and then pull w/toluene to see if anything else could be recovered. Swim was gonna try this at one point but he's already got so much from the limonene that he's not sure if he's ever gonna be able to bring himself to work with toluene again, since he's kinda gotten spoiled by how non-disgusting limonene is! Plus he really feels like petroleum pisses off the plant spirits or disrespects them somehow, though of course this is merely subjective hooey IMO

Experientially, you can expect a much more "holistic" experience than with smoked DMT. This seems to pull a full-spectrum alkaloidal extract, with n-n, "jungle," and something else that produces a really cool body high that feels awesome, like what MDMA should feel like, or like a ten billion X blue lotus extract or something. Of course different barks will give different bites

This is, in Swim's opinion, the best way by far to get to know the mimosa plant spirit intimately. The magick is VERY smooth, and the plant spirit seems happier when it's not been put through petrochemical solvents, as Swim and others have observed (this is of course subjective, but don't take Swim's word for it, try it for yourself! Where legal, of course...)

Well, that's it. Hopefully someone else will try this soon and report back on how awesome it is... Swim has been labouring under the delusion (?) that the Mimosa spirits have chosen him to act as an emissary of sorts, a herald of the new age of sustainable, eco-friendly "green" (orange) DMT TEKs. He would really love to hear someone else's opinion on this stuff, as he thinks it's the key to the New Aeon.

Of course this TEK is still in its infantile stages. Consider how inefficient Quantum Tantra's TEK is nowadays in light of recent advances... now imagine how much room for improvement there is in the realm of "green" TEKs! If we put our heads together on this, who knows what we can come up with?!

(BTW, the original version of this can be found here: http://www.dmt-nexus.me/...BB2/viewtopic.php?t=3176 )
The Ultimate Secret of the Universe is that there is no Ultimate Secret of the Universe... there's just a bunch of stuff that happens.

KeyIngreedient
#3 Posted : 4/16/2008 8:34:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I would love to see this tek evolve. Greenteks got sex appeal yo.

DrParadox
#4 Posted : 4/16/2008 10:08:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yep, stinky solvents suck. It would be nice if this works for real.

But several grams for 100g MHRB? I don't think there even that much in there!

burnt
#5 Posted : 4/16/2008 10:48:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

you guys should know that limonene is a biologically active compound. it crosses the blood brain barrier and does have CNS effects. there is a scientifically valid reason you "feel better" when you inhale it.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 4/16/2008 11:43:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ok you got me interested.. im always for the green way Smile

the question is.. where to get limonene? you said its the oil from orange peel.. Could I just get this oil myself? what would be the best way? Or if not, where and how would I ask for it somewhere else? perfume stores? aromatherapy ppl? supermarket? Just ask for ´oil of orange peel´ is enough ?

mitch
#7 Posted : 4/17/2008 12:06:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

this sounds awesome.

have you tried evaping some "loaded" limonene?

endlessness
#8 Posted : 4/17/2008 12:32:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

why not just stick it in the fridge before the vinegar step and already freeze-precipitate the freebase? or like above post, evap it?

burnt
#9 Posted : 4/17/2008 8:10:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you will need alot i repeat alot of orange or lemon peels to distill significant quantities of limonene. furthermore this oil will not be pure.

if people are into isolating essential oils its relatively easy but you need some fancy glassware. i could explain the process but the cost in oranges and lemons youll be buying is going to outweigh the price for some cheap solvent.

also im sorry to say but many "petrochemicals" are natural products. petroleum ether is a distillate of petroleum. hexanes octane all these things are the "lighter" components of crude oil. yes to purify them you need refining but thats the same with any natural product one tries to isolate. but sorry i have to prevent myself from getting into a debate about that issue.

Rolling eyes

endlessness
#10 Posted : 4/17/2008 4:56:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
you will need alot i repeat alot of orange or lemon peels to distill significant quantities of limonene. furthermore this oil will not be pure.

if people are into isolating essential oils its relatively easy but you need some fancy glassware. i could explain the process but the cost in oranges and lemons youll be buying is going to outweigh the price for some cheap solvent.

also im sorry to say but many "petrochemicals" are natural products. petroleum ether is a distillate of petroleum. hexanes octane all these things are the "lighter" components of crude oil. yes to purify them you need refining but thats the same with any natural product one tries to isolate. but sorry i have to prevent myself from getting into a debate about that issue.

Rolling eyes

as for the distillation, I guess I will skip that and see if I can find it ready to buy..

question still remains why not just freeze precipitating it or evaping it to obtain freebase, instead of the last vinegar step to obtain salt...

as for the petrochemical deal. The starter of this thread had a discussion about it.. Check out his answer to el ka bong

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/...BB2/viewtopic.php?t=3176

Smile

burnt
#11 Posted : 4/17/2008 5:48:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yea if it works it works thats great. no negativity intended.

just wanted to point out that limonene is a biologically active compound. its been found to have antidepressant activity, antimutagenic activity, might be a sedative as well i forget. it also happens to kill aquatic organisms and insects. to harm a human you would need to drink a significant quantity of it pure. like a glass full or more and even then it would probaly just make you sick.

so yea i dig you guys trying to avoid breathing in dangerous stuff when your working in your homes. someone who isnt me works in a chemistry lab so is really fortunate to have access to really nice equipment. someone who isnt me also used to do this stuff at home so he understands the difficulties. also petrochemicals are essential to someone who isnt me's work for reasons id rather not get into in this discussion, so i guess i got a little defensive on that issue haha.

SyZyGyPSy
#12 Posted : 4/17/2008 9:51:07 PM

Burnt, I understand your position and welcome your comments. No room for ego here on my part, that would only interrupt the freeflow of information! Please continue sharing your insight, open debate is the key to finding a method that is optimal for everybody, not just based on the opinions of one person, even if that person is me!

Previously limonene has been ordered from thechemistryconnection.com on ebay. Today a better deal was found at greenterpene.com.

Swim used to feel like crap when he worked with petrochems, now he feels great whenever he's working with limonene. As burnt pointed out, there are mild psychoactive effects from limo, as with petrochems. The difference is that the petrochem effects feel toxic and make you feel worse, whereas the limo effects make you feel better. Still, adequate ventilation is a must... mild lung irritation can occur from concentrated vapors, though it's still nothing like the petro stuff.

I understand many people make a living working with petroleum, but the conditions behind its aquisition, and the overall effects of its use on our planet, make me want nothing to do with it. That, coupled with the toxicity thereof, makes the sustainable, environmentally friendly limonene seem a much better alternative. Please understand I mean no offense to anyone personally who may depend on petroleum for whatever reason, rather it is our overall cultural dependance on it that I am concerned with. Also, there is the overall "energy" to consider: while petroleum is still "natural," it's also a lot further down on the "death magick" end of the spectrum (petroleum being basically decayed corpses harvested from mass graves from thousands of years ago, also being something we fight wars for, and something that lets a handfull of assholes control the planet) compared to orange oil, which is true Life Magick. This is evidenced in petroleum's toxic effects on our body and environment, compared to that of limonene which according to the msds is not harmul to aquatic life in normally occuring concentrations, and it biodegrades rapidly, whereas even a little petro stuff can totally phuq up a water supply and does not biodegrade.

Granted, the "energetic nature" of one's solvent is only of importance to those who consider their extractions to be a magickal operation. And the solvent's biodegradability, sustainability, and environmental impact are only important to those who care about the future of our planet (and the future of dmt extraction, as petroleum prices increase). And the toxic effects are only important to those who care about their personal health, and the health of any family members who may be in their home whenever they're extracting. So if one doesn't care about energetic quality, the future of the planet, or their own personal well being, then I can see why none of this would seem important.

Admittedly the claims of several grams from 100g rb may have seemed a bit exaggerated, in that this was not pure n-n but a crude extract containing n-n, jungle, and various plant oils, plus whatever that crap is that vinegar leaves behind when you evap it. But that's part of the magick... Swim is really beginning to suspect, as are others on this forum, that plant oils play a signifigant factor in the overall experience. In fact, one thing that has been noted with this tek is that you can do pull after pull and you'll keep getting stuff, but the quality of it darkens and becomes less visually and mentally overpowering, while the trancey hypno vibe and cool physical qi flow re-alignment properties remain in the later pulls.

This has led to the current working hypothesis that perhaps the oils are responsible for the "lower frequency vibe" end of the spectrum, whereas the alkaloidal fractions are at the "higher frequency" end of the spectrum, with n-n being the highest, and jungle being some molecular combination of n-n and tannins or fats of some sort. This would explain the "wobbly, globular" quality noted with jungle rides, as compared to the high pitched buzzing energy of n-n.

Whatever the case may be, this "crude" extract is still plenty potent. 200mg of it, on top of 300mg freebase harmaloids, is a proper full-on ride for sure. Probly less than that is in order your first time trying it, I'd go with maybe 100mg extract and 200mg harmaloids for my first ride if I were somewhere where such things were legal.

Also I must emphasize the overall difference between oral ingestation using this tek, and smoking freebase. The entire thing is different. I understand if you don't wanna take some digital guy's word for it but man, try it for yourself, you will see. There's a whole lifestyle change that accompanies working with the plants this way, and it's one you'll be glad you made. If nothing else, just try it with 23g bark, 23g lye, and 100ml of limo and vinegar... that's a rather small investment for a test run, no? If I'm wrong about "limohuasca" being better, you can always just go back to smoking petrolextracted freebase.

Still, I understand wanting smokable freebase for whatever reason. This can be done by using pure undenatured ETOH to pull spice from the limo. So far this is the only tried and true method that has actually been tested and proven to work, but lab grade ETOH is rather expensive so this is only practical for someone seeking small amounts of freebase for special occasions, which seems best IMO anyway, while using the rest of the spice in salt form w/maoi to heal one's self and the masses.

Also, there is probably an easy way to make in intranasal "snuffing" spray with the acetate salts. This actually just now occured to me... I'll have to run it by Swim and see what he thinks!

With regards to evap, sadly, limo does not seem to evap cleanly. It leaves quite a bit of residue behind. However it seems plausible that distilled limo could be used... if it evapped once, it should evap again, right? One could easily distill limo by placing some in a large pan, then placing a bowl in the center of the pan, then place tinfoil on top of the pan with a weight in the center so that the foil comes to a downward point over the bowl in the center of the pan. The limo that evaps upon application of gentle heat will drip down the foil and into the bowl. Thus the bowl should be full of the more volatile fractions of your limo, which could then perhaps be used to extract, and subsequently evapped to reveal spice. But then there is still the matter of whatever else the limo pulls, which again is not necessarily a bad thing. Perhaps other terpenes or solvents can be used for some type of separation if so desired.

Freeze precip may work. Initial attempts at this failed, but that was back in the beginning with low-grade bark and in retrospect the limo may not have been saturated enough. However I think there's something going on here similar to whatever it is that makes freeze precip not work with toluene, xylene, etc. Something about the boiling point of the limo, methinks... remember reading aboot it but can't remember what it is, anyone who knows chem stuff (burnt?) feel free to chime in. Anyway I don't wanna rule it out yet but I don't wanna count on it working either. It seems almost certain that if one completely saturated one's limo, then evapped down to like 10% of the original volume, and perhaps even seeded it with a d cryztal or two, that the magick should surely fall out, que no? But the experiment has yet to be done. Sorry, but Swim rarely makes it out to international waters, and when he does he's usually in a hurry, so he had to choose between making an incomplete report or waiting until he tried all possible experiments, which at the rate he works would probably never happen given all the variables there are to manipulate here.

Swim would love to learn how to distill his own limonene so he can keep doing this after society collapses in whatever apocalyptic eschaton may lie in its future. If you have a reference for how to do this, brother burnt, it would be most appreciated. Though I agree it's much easier to just order some online in the mean time.

endlessness
#13 Posted : 4/17/2008 11:22:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well described, sums up my point of view too Smile

as for the freeze precip... SWIM might try that, just evap it all to very saturated level and stick it in the fridge...

but first SWIM has to see what kind of limonene he can get around these areas... then swim would see if evaping would leave residue.. if not, then SWIM could always just evap it if freeze precip wouldnt work

SWIM really wants to try this tek, and will as soon as he acquires the limonene...

SyZyGyPSy
#14 Posted : 4/17/2008 11:54:04 PM

Good point endlessness, it may have been the quality of the limonene that was a problem.

Today Swim found a website that sells "high purity" limonene, implying that the stuff that doesn't specify that it's of high purity must be of low purity. A sample is on the way. Will report back after evap test.

SyZyGyPSy
#15 Posted : 4/17/2008 11:57:53 PM

Also Swim should try evapping with aid of heat... it seems freebase d can survive just fine in an empty crock pot on high (~200 deg f). This works well for removing residues of other solvents. Perhaps this would vape off the excess limo...Wut?

clamshavefeelingstoo
#16 Posted : 4/18/2008 3:45:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think we would all love to see good results from this tek.

burnt
#17 Posted : 4/18/2008 8:16:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ill agree the purity is probaly an issue when trying to evap down and crystallize. essential oils may be dominant in a specific compound but are certainly mixtures. synthetic limonene can certainly be more pure but then you would have both the + and - or (d or l) form of the molecule (unless the synthesis was stereo selective which means $$$$). d or l form for extraction would not matter (for biological activity it does matter).

limonene is also very easily oxidized which would create compounds that could very likely increase the solubility of DMT in the oily mixture. this would make it harder to freeze precipitate. none the less evaporating it down would be the first logical way to try and get it to work.

Spock's Brain
#18 Posted : 4/18/2008 3:16:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a friend of mine who works in the petroleum industry was told by his mom to take milk thistle/dandellion supplements. He was told it would protect his liver health from the toxicity of the petro vapors. He was told its because the botanical occupies the receptors that would otherwise get damaged by the naughty chemicals.Rolling eyes
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

SyZyGyPSy
#19 Posted : 4/18/2008 6:04:24 PM

True, milk thistle is good to protect the liver. But petrochems damage other organs as well, kidneys, brain, lungs, etc. Basically they are toxic to every cell in the body.

From what I've seen, it's only a few bucks more for pure d-limo, but that may not be synthetic now that I think aboot it... Swim's got some "high purity" limo on the way, I'll report back when I hear how his evap test goes. Wink

SyZyGyPSy
#20 Posted : 4/18/2008 6:06:41 PM

Here's a comparison of their MSDS profiles:

Toxicology data for Toluene

Toxic by inhalation, ingestion or by absorption through skin. Serious irritant. Experimental teratogen.

ORL-RAT LD50 636 mg kg-1
IPR-RAT LD50 1332 mg kg-1
ORL-HMN LDLO 50 mg kg-1
IPR-MUS LD50 59 mg kg-1
IHL-MAM LC50 30 g m-3

R11 Highly flammable
R23 Toxic by inhalation.
R24 Toxic in contact with skin.
R25 Toxic if swallowed.

Toluene (http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/T3913.htm)
Emergency Overview
--------------------------
POISON! DANGER! HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. HARMFUL IF INHALED OR ABSORBED THROUGH SKIN. VAPOR HARMFUL. FLAMMABLE LIQUID AND VAPOR. MAY AFFECT LIVER, KIDNEYS, BLOOD SYSTEM, OR CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM. CAUSES IRRITATION TO SKIN, EYES AND RESPIRATORY TRACT.

Potential Health Effects
----------------------------------

Inhalation:
Inhalation may cause irritation of the upper respiratory tract. Symptoms of overexposure may include fatigue, confusion, headache, dizziness and drowsiness. Peculiar skin sensations (e. g. pins and needles) or numbness may be produced. Very high concentrations may cause unconsciousness and death.
Ingestion:
Swallowing may cause abdominal spasms and other symptoms that parallel over-exposure from inhalation. Aspiration of material into the lungs can cause chemical pneumonitis, which may be fatal.
Skin Contact:
Causes irritation. May be absorbed through skin.
Eye Contact:
Causes severe eye irritation with redness and pain.
Chronic Exposure:
Reports of chronic poisoning describe anemia, decreased blood cell count and bone marrow hypoplasia. Liver and kidney damage may occur. Repeated or prolonged contact has a defatting action, causing drying, redness, dermatitis. Exposure to toluene may affect the developing fetus.
Aggravation of Pre-existing Conditions:
Persons with pre-existing skin disorders or impaired liver or kidney function may be more susceptible to the effects of this substance. Alcoholic beverage consumption can enhance the toxic effects of this substance.

Xylenes (http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/X2000.htm)

DANGER! HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. VAPOR HARMFUL. AFFECTS CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM. CAUSES SEVERE EYE IRRITATION. CAUSES IRRITATION TO SKIN AND RESPIRATORY TRACT. MAY BE HARMFUL IF ABSORBED THROUGH SKIN. CHRONIC EXPOSURE CAN CAUSE ADVERSE LIVER, KIDNEY, AND BLOOD EFFECTS. FLAMMABLE LIQUID AND VAPOR.

Potential Health Effects
----------------------------------

Inhalation:
Inhalation of vapors may be irritating to the nose and throat. Inhalation of high concentrations may result in nausea, vomiting, headache, ringing in the ears, and severe breathing difficulties which may be delayed in onset. Substernal pain, cough, and hoarseness are also reported. High vapor concentrations are anesthetic and central nervous system depressants.
Ingestion:
Ingestion causes burning sensation in mouth and stomach, nausea, vomiting and salivation. Minute amounts aspirated into the lungs can produce a severe hemorrhagic pneumonitis with severe pulmonary injury or death.
Skin Contact:
Skin contact results in loss of natural oils and often results in a characteristic dermatitis. May be absorbed through the skin.
Eye Contact:
Vapors cause eye irritation. Splashes cause severe irritation, possible corneal burns and eye damage.
Chronic Exposure:
Chronic inhalation can cause headache, loss of appetite, nervousness and pale skin. Repeated or prolonged skin contact may cause a skin rash. Repeated exposure of the eyes to high concentrations of vapor may cause reversible eye damage. Repeated exposure can damage bone marrow, causing low blood cell count. May damage the liver and kidneys.
Aggravation of Pre-existing Conditions:
Persons with pre-existing skin disorders or eye problems, or impaired liver, kidney, blood, or respiratory function may be more susceptible to the effects of the substance.

Naptha http://physchem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/NA/naphtha.html

Harmful if swallowed or inhaled. May contain benzene, which is a carcinogen. Skin contact may lead to drying or dermatitis. Chronic exposure may cause CNS damage. Skin, respiratory and eye irritant. Typical PEL 100 ppm.

R20 Harmful by inhalation.
R22 Harmful if swallowed.
R36 Irritating to eyes.
R37 Irritating to respiratory system.
R38 Irritating to skin.

VM&P Naptha (http://www.sciencestuff.com/msds/C2148.html)
Conditions aggravated/target organs: Toxic! Harmful or fatal if swallowed. Persons with preexisting skin, eye and respiratory conditions will be more susceptible. Acute: Dizziness, headache, respiratory tract irritation, nausea, GI tract irritation, vomiting, diarrhea, skin and eye irritation. Chronic: Dermatitis, eye damage, possible neurological damage, other physiological damage.

Now, compare those to:

limonene (http://www.pcl.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/LI/limonene.html)

Harmful if swallowed. Skin, eye and respiratory irritant. May act as a sensitizer.

ORL-RAT LD50 5000 mg kg-1

R10 Flammable.
R22 Harmful if swallowed.
R36 Irritating to eyes.
R37 Irritating to respiratory system.
R38 Irritating to skin.

That's it. No testes shriveling up, no organ failure, no retardation, no cancer...

Plus limonene is renewable and sustainable...

Plus we don't have to bomb Arab nations to get limonene...

Plus your house smells like oranges instead of dead dinosaur farts.

123NEXT