We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sublingual Harmalas + Smoked DMT - Changa's Cousin Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 8/25/2010 8:11:45 PM

SWIM

Note: This is not SWIM's idea at all, many people have done this, so many he is not sure the original creator

SWIM's method for sublingual harmalas:

NOTE: THIS WORKS EXACTLY THE SAME IF HARMALAS ARE SMOKED INSTEAD OF TAKEN SUBLINGUALLY

SWIM has done this with: THH, Harmine, Harmaline, Syrian Rue extract, Caapi extract and Syrian Rue brew
All were in water or vinegar

The harmalas alone have a somewhat disgusting taste, but SWIM has found that they can be flavored/covered up quite well.
SWIM has had success using orange drink mix as well as stevia extract with the harmalas to make them not just bearable but quite nice.

-Take 20-30mg of harmalas and place/dropper them in your mouth.
-Swish them around your mouth for 1-2 minutes, just like mouthwash
-Gargle
-Swish for 1-2 minutes more
-Gargle
-Spit out, or swallow. (SWIM spits)

The effects should be felt clearly by the time the swishing is done. You can immediately smoke DMT for desired effects.

Caution: Some of the substances mentioned are illegal to use/possess in some parts of the world, make sure to look up your local laws before attempting this

Information - Why sublingual harmalas?

Many people now are testing and enjoying Changa for it's slower, calmer and "friendlier" effects.
Changa of course being DMT and harmala alkaloids smoked together (along with often other psychoactive plants)

SWIM has enjoyed Changa as well and the effects are nothing less than amazing.
When compared to smoking freebased DMT alone the effects are comparable to a rocket launch compared to a leisurely road trip.

That being said, if lots of changa is smoked quickly it can be about as crazy and possibly terrifying as plain freebase.

SWIM thinks it is the ability to slowly smoked and "ease in" to the trip with slow tokes at a leisurely rate followed by large "breakthrough" inhales allow the user to experience DMT in a "more peaceful way"
Of course the effects of the harmala also have a distinct synergy with DMT with adds to the altered effects in a positive way.

With freebase DMT alone there is such rapid rise and fall of DMT in the system that slowly smoking simply doesn't work.

Though whether someone chooses to use harmalas subingually or smoked is completely one's preference.
SWIM's pipe is made for DMT only and he is not fond of smoking plant material so his preference is sublingual.

In either case the results are the same. The user is able to smoke the DMT very slowly and still be able to "breakthrough"
For example:
Quote:
One of SWIM's psychedelic journal entries states:
10:35 am
Started smoking 40mg of jimjam with 24mg of harmine sublingually
11:11 am
Finished.
(and then a description of the experience)

The experience consisted of about 10-15 "tokes"
The First 2-3 were close together and just achieve a state of slight OEVs, mild CEVs and long tracers with a calm mindset.

The other ones were larger and further apart with long periods of eyes-closed-visions.
Each of the larger tokes would bring a breakthrough or sub-breakthrough depending on the size of the inhalation.

This has helped SWIM immensely in his experiences. Normally his breakthroughs would consist of:
-Pounding heart
-Intense fear
-Evil/Terrifying Visions
-A inner monologue of "Wait it out, wait it out, it'll be over soon.... wait it out, wait it out....."

No matter the mindset before the experience he was unable to change this, but now "easing in" to the experience has completely changed that.
Now his experiences are:
-Calm
-Normal Heart Rate (or at least not POUNDING)
-Mystical and mostly friendly visions
-Fear is rare

Whether you love Changa or have never tried Changa, this is an alternative method that is sure to impress you with the effects.

Peace and Love,
Q21Q21
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

#2 Posted : 8/25/2010 9:07:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I had done this quite a bit before making my first batch of changa. I would just place a little caapi copy under the tongue and hold for 5-10 minutes. Virtually no taste after 10 or so minutes and effects from just the caapi copy were very evident. Then I would just load up 25-30mg spice on a little mullien...vape...and off we gooo. Smile

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 8/25/2010 9:13:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its the best way for slow and deep explorations...one of my favourites!
10mg of a crude harmala mix is enough for me....

State of the Mind
#4 Posted : 8/26/2010 10:23:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone compared using the harmalas in their changa, as opposed to sublingual harmalas + smoked DMT?

IMO it seems much easier to add the harmalas into your changa blend. However I am not talking from experience, so could be wrong. Laughing Laughing

Does the use of the harmalas sublingually add more to the trip than smoked harmalas??
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

gibran2
#5 Posted : 8/27/2010 10:15:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

State of the Mind wrote:
Has anyone compared using the harmalas in their changa, as opposed to sublingual harmalas + smoked DMT?

IMO it seems much easier to add the harmalas into your changa blend. However I am not talking from experience, so could be wrong. Laughing Laughing

Does the use of the harmalas sublingually add more to the trip than smoked harmalas??

I don’t know if sublingual harmalas add more versus harmalas in changa, but by pre-dosing with sublingual harmalas you can reduce the amount of vapor/smoke you need to inhale.

The less smoke inhaled, the easier it is to get a full dose in one inhalation. (It's easy to get a full dose in one hit when vaporizing DMT by itself in a GVG.) And the experience that results from a one-hit dose is often nothing like that obtained from a more leisurely approach. Personally, vaporizing in a GVG also seems “cleaner” and more “pure” to me.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

State of the Mind
#6 Posted : 8/27/2010 11:25:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
The less smoke inhaled, the easier it is to get a full dose in one inhalation. (It's easy to get a full dose in one hit when vaporizing DMT by itself in a GVG.) And the experience that results from a one-hit dose is often nothing like that obtained from a more leisurely approach. Personally, vaporizing in a GVG also seems “cleaner” and more “pure” to me.

Thank you for the reply, this seems to make sense to me. I have personally never had a problem with inhaling enough smoke, so this is not beneficial to me. However, I understand how this could be extremely helpful to those of you out there struggling with breaking through.

This does sound interesting though, the idea of a more chilled off blastoff seems quite appealing. Very happy
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

KwisatzHaderach
#7 Posted : 1/22/2011 5:25:17 AM

everything is becoming

Sorry for reviving a somewhat older post, but I figured this would be best to direct a question.

I'm getting really interested in sublingual harmala dosages to combine and prolong my changa journeys, but I am unsure of where to start. It looks like THH is readily purchasable along with a few others, but is this what I'm looking for? Or is it more advised to do extracts from caapi or rue instead? Any help or direction in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

~peace and love
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the Universe

ragabr
#8 Posted : 1/22/2011 1:34:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone selling "THH" probably isn't. All the other harmalas are very easy to extract and even separating harmaline from harmine is fairly easy.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

gibran2
#9 Posted : 1/22/2011 2:39:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

^ ^ I second that.

Extracting alkaloids from caapi is so easy that there is no reason not to do it. And if cost matters, it is much more economical to extract your own. Finally, when you extract your own, you know what’s in there!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

KwisatzHaderach
#10 Posted : 1/22/2011 6:34:59 PM

everything is becoming

Thanks for the replies both of you.

Ok so in the harmala section of the forums I see a caapi extraction guide by yourself, Gibran. Would that be my best place to start?

And sorry if this seems like a redundant question :S but I wanted to ask someone about it before I started something. I think I posted like 20 questions before I even finally attempted the mimosa extract haha. Anyway, thanks again.

~Peace and Love
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the Universe

fathomlessness
#11 Posted : 1/4/2021 2:27:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful decade old post q21q21, thanks for the inspiration! Thumbs up

Loveall
#12 Posted : 4/12/2021 4:28:38 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I've been using sublingual harmalas recently (FB). Doing it once or twice a month (25mg Harmine/THH mix). Today I went to the dentist for a regular 6 month clean and checkup. Usually everything is fine/normal, but today she remarked that my mouth looked incredibly good. Dentist said A+, exceptional oral health.

The only thing different I have been doing is using harmalas sublingually. Diet, oral hygene routine, etc was unchanged.

It's only one data point, but a heads up that Harmala FB could improve oral health. Maybe it removes harmful plaque bacteria (?) and/or protects gum tissue from inflammation.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this also.

Cheers
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Voidmatrix
#13 Posted : 4/12/2021 6:14:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Loveall wrote:
I've been using sublingual harmalas recently (FB). Doing it once or twice a month (25mg Harmine/THH mix). Today I went to the dentist for a regular 6 month clean and checkup. Usually everything is fine/normal, but today she remarked that my mouth looked incredibly good. Dentist said A+, exceptional oral health.

The only thing different I have been doing is using harmalas sublingually. Diet, oral hygene routine, etc was unchanged.

It's only one data point, but a heads up that Harmala FB could improve oral health. Maybe it removes harmful plaque bacteria (?) and/or protects gum tissue from inflammation.

Cheers

That's a pleasant surprise. I am very curious also as to how they could influence better oral health for you.

This thread and a handful of others (including recommendations advised towards me) have me feeling excitement and anticipation for the way in which harmalas may improve various aspects of my life (mood, focus,direction, etc).

I've been adding it to changa blends, but have yet to experience them on their own. Maybe this week will be a good one to experiment...

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Sakkadelic
#14 Posted : 4/13/2021 12:51:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:

Cheers

Inspired by your post, I put about 20 rue seeds in my mouth yesterday trying to sooth the inflammation and pain I get from a partially broken tooth and I woke in a much better state, less inflammation and less pain (I need to visit the dentist, I know). But to be fair, every few weeks this broken tooth gives me problems for a couple of days if I overuse it, and then it calms downs, so I can't jump to conclusions yet. Fortunately, I can repeat this experiment. Yes!! a reason to keep delaying the dentist visit.
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Loveall
#15 Posted : 10/3/2021 11:50:22 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Hadn't had sublingual Harmalas for a bit. Had traveled too and not done my usual floss/waterpik/Listerine on top of brushing.

Gums got slightly puffy.

I took sublingual Harmalas last night (20mg harmine and 20mg THH) and this morning gums look a lot better. Could tell the difference as soon as I woke up.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

shroombee
#16 Posted : 10/3/2021 5:39:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Hadn't had sublingual Harmalas for a bit. Had traveled too and not done my usual floss/waterpik/Listerine on top of brushing.

Gums got slightly puffy.

I took sublingual Harmalas last night (20mg harmine and 20mg THH) and this morning gums look a lot better. Could tell the difference as soon as I woke up.

Very interesting! Doing a quick search, harmine evidently has anti-inflammatory, anti-infection, anti-depressant, and anti-oxidant properties, among others.

More reading to do...

downwardsfromzero
#17 Posted : 10/3/2021 7:40:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

One of my intentions behind regular rue tea usage is sustaining gum health and it seems to work. Because I swish the tea around my mouth before swallowing, there's quite a noticeable buccal/sublingual absorption from the tea. This leads to a slight numbing effect after a couple of minutes.

Brewed like coffee, with ground, toasted seeds and plain tap water without added acid, I get the feeling that harmine is precipitating from the weakly alkaline water as it cools. [Adding even 160 mg ascorbic acid makes the brew less palatable and more astringent.

Vit. C and astringency is probably better for the gums though!]

While we're on this tangent, I've found ashwaganda to help manage inflammation as well. It seems to be better to take the ashwaganda at least half an hour before any rue intake - and I would urge others to research thoroughly for contraindications here: Taking ashwaganda after having drunk rue tea seemed rather less friendly.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli