We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
P. harmala seed powder recipe (+anti-nausea agent) Options

Triglav
#1 Posted : 4/5/2021 7:00:29 PM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

It is possible to grind P. harmala seeds in a coffee grinder very smoothly and thus obtain a fine powder which can be used. I did use a slightly different approach some time ago which resulted in a fine way to make and take the powder. Trying to grind the seeds with a mortar and pestle (a more old school approach) is however quite a daunting task - but there is a way to fix this.

The 'trick' involves toasting/roasting the seeds. You can read a little bit about that in this thread.
Quote:
1.) Cover the pan with seeds so that all the seeds are touching the pan.
2.) Roast on low to medium heat for about 5 minutes. Do mix the seeds with a wooden spoon or something similar. Here more experimentation is possible. What I have observed is that the seeds will get lighter with roasting. Also a pleasant nutty smell should be present. Make sure not to burn the seeds. Roasted seeds have a very pleasant smell IMO - not at all burnt.

After the seeds are roasted you will find that it's very easy to grind them into a fine powder with a mortar and pestle.

It so happened that I had just made some dried up ginger root. I powdered the ginger as well and mixed up the ginger root powder with roasted harmala seed powder (1:1 ratio). I was pleasantly surprised with a very nice aroma of the combined powders. Though the main idea is to take this powder orally in capsules or mixed into some water and drunk. Ginger root should provide reducing or removing the possible nausea of the harmala seeds.

I've taken the powder a few times before bed with great success. I did only use relatively small doses. So ....

Welcome to discuss and experiment further with these simple ideas.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ShamensStamen
#2 Posted : 4/5/2021 8:45:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah i've read where Ginger should help with nausea from several people, but for me personally it never worked out well. I've tried Zofran, i've tried Ginger root tea, Ginger EO in a capsule, Ginger chews, and Ginger powder in a capsule, and i've tried Peppermint tea as well as Peppermint EO in a capsule. Nothing worked for me personally until i found Limonene, that active constituent of Lemon EO, which Lemon EO was recommended for nausea/vomiting with Psychedelics, but i found pure Limonene seemed to work the best, 10 drops in a capsule consumed with the Harmalas = no nausea/vomiting even with heavier dosages, it's like the only thing that feels like it actually counteracts whatever the Harmalas do that causes nausea/vomiting. People are under the impression that Harmalas (or even DMT) activates the Serotonin 3 receptor and thus triggers nausea/vomiting, but ime Serotonin 3 antagonists don't seem to do the trick, they may help settle the stomach some, but they won't apparently actually block out the vomiting, plus they really seemed to alter things in a weird way for me, i could've perhaps maybe used too much but i've tried lower dosages and higher dosages of Serotonin 3 antagonists, and they never jived together all that well for me. Limonene works damn well though, ime.