We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Have I ruined this extraction? Please help Options

gnickel48
#1 Posted : 4/3/2021 7:04:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It's my first time trying to extract

1. Had Powdered root (45 grams), added white vinegar (50ml) stirred for about 30 min

2. Added about 60ml of boiling water, stirred for about 15 min

3. Added calcium hydroxide (38 grams), stirred for about an hour adding some water here and there, by the end it was gooey kind of like oatmeal

4. Added Naphtha (50ml), placed the bowl in a pot of boiled hot water and stirred for maybe 10 min

5. All the naphtha just got soaked up, so I got worried and dumped everything into a slimmer jar. Now there was a tiny bit of liquid on the edges and some bubbles within the mixture.

6. Added about another 5ml of naphtha, some pink Himalayan salt (just a pinch), some hot water, kept stirring then added some regular (iodized) table salt (like 3 pinches)

7. Took the jar out of the hot water, rolled it around and tapped it for a while, still pretty much nothing on top

8. Then added like 7 pinches more of salt, more calcium hydroxide (not sure how many grams, about 15-20 teaspoons of it), a little bit of water and a bit more naphtha, all while stirring for about 20 minutes

Thinking about leaving the jar in a pot of hot water for the night without the jar's lid on

I don't really see any liquid on top of the mixture. Have I done this right?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jees
#2 Posted : 4/3/2021 7:33:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I suggest to use a proved method tek.
People made efforts to compose these for you to enjoy.
Check the wiki and choose a tek that fits with your accessible materials.
I suspect you made a paste that won't separate the naphtha.
Good luck.

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 4/3/2021 8:22:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Jees wrote:
Hi, I suggest to use a proved method tek.
People made efforts to compose these for you to enjoy.
Check the wiki and choose a tek that fits with your accessible materials.
I suspect you made a paste that won't separate the naphtha.
Good luck.

Was thinking similarly. Sounds like there wasn't enough water to start with, so the solvent absorbs into the mixture rather than staying separate.

Your future self will thank you for your patience and homework.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

gnickel48
#4 Posted : 4/3/2021 10:03:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The teks seemed complicated for me (completely new to this kind of stuff) so I ended up just following this gif I found on reddit Reddit gif

Heres how the mixture looks now: https://imgur.com/gallery/94APmno

At this point, what’s the best thing to do? I dont want this all to go to waste Sad

I just have it sitting in a pot of warm water with the containers lid on

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 4/3/2021 11:03:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gnickel48 wrote:
The teks seemed complicated for me (completely new to this kind of stuff) so I ended up just following this gif I found on reddit Reddit gif

Heres how the mixture looks now: https://imgur.com/gallery/94APmno

At this point, what’s the best thing to do? I dont want this all to go to waste Sad

I just have it sitting in a pot of warm water with the containers lid on

Yeah... that tek may work, but it doesn't give enough information IMO...

The complex (relative to what you're familiar with), specific nature of extraction is kind of necessary for it to be done right. I find it rewarding and beneficial to my process to try to understand all of the interacting mechanisms of the process. Leads to better product and better yields IME.

That said... https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Category:Extraction_Tek

My suggestion would be:

A) Study the tek. Find one you like (based on understanding and availability of necessary supplies).

B) From this one you've already started, allow all of the solvent to evaporate out and start over.

C) Keep what you've learned in mind. You'll be repeating the process in many ways; soak/cook, acidifying, base, pull. You may need more acid in the acidity phase seeing as your project has already gone through the basification stage.

D) If you want to skip all of this, add more water to your bark paste, place it all in a jar, shake it up, grab a pipette, add 35ml of hot nathpta (PLEASE be sure to keep a lid on the jar with your solvent until ready to pour, heat the water with solvent as far away as possible, andbefore placing the solvent jar in the hot water make sure the heating source is OFF), use over under motion to mix nathpta through bark mix, then decant with your pipette, allow solvent to evaporate until saturated with spice (it'll be cloudy, place it in the freezer overnight, pour off the remaining solvent, allow to dry, scrape your magic molecule.

Good luck.Very happy

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

gnickel48
#6 Posted : 4/3/2021 11:47:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello, just saw your reply, I’ve since added more calcium hydroxide cause it was too runny, it now looks like this: Imgur gif

So I should leave it out now for a while until it’s completely dry? Then heat the mixture up, add 50ml of hot naphtha again and stir?
I don’t want to do evaporation to get the goodies, just want to pour out the naphtha and put it in the freezer

Forgive me, I’m inexperienced at this Laughing
If possible to help me with a 1. 2. guide for what to do at this point?

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 4/4/2021 1:27:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gnickel48 wrote:
Hello, just saw your reply, I’ve since added more calcium hydroxide cause it was too runny, it now looks like this: Imgur gif

So I should leave it out now for a while until it’s completely dry? Then heat the mixture up, add 50ml of hot naphtha again and stir?
I don’t want to do evaporation to get the goodies, just want to pour out the naphtha and put it in the freezer

Forgive me, I’m inexperienced at this Laughing
If possible to help me with a 1. 2. guide for what to do at this point?

For the change I'm encouraging you to make, you want the bark in an aqueous solution. So, once it's completely dry, free from solvent, add some hot water (start with 200ml and add 100ml at a time until it's a thick soup). If it's Not wet enough the solvent won't easily separate and you won't be able to get ahold of the spice.

If you insist on continuing your process in the bowl, pour the naphtha in stir for a couple minutes. After, press all of the bark against one side of the dish and carefully pour out the naphtha.

Avoiding evaporation can really only be done if you know exactly how much solvent to use... I'm not trying to be rude, but that's something you are presently unaware of.

You'll pour off the solvent AFTER it's been in the freezer. The deems being frozen in the solvent encourages freeze precipitation of the freebase DMT.

If there's too much solvent when you attempt to freeze precipitate, it'll probably appear that you don't have a yield. The solvent needs to be saturated BY the DMT in order to precipitate. The molecules need to be able to bind together.

1.2. Guide? Can you elaborate?

One love

gnickel48
#8 Posted : 4/4/2021 8:55:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Alright thanks! Finally got a yield, heres what’s I’ve ended up with (not yet dry). Imgur pics

How’s it look? Also, some of the crystals were floating in the naphtha when I poured it out

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 4/4/2021 11:21:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gnickel48 wrote:
Alright thanks! Finally got a yield, heres what’s I’ve ended up with (not yet dry). Imgur pics

How’s it look? Also, some of the crystals were floating in the naphtha when I poured it out

Score!!!Thumbs up

Looks beautiful my friend. Fine white crystals you've got there.

The solvent jar in my freezer has some spice in it. I get them every once in a while when I'm reusing that solvent. Otherwise, I just let em sit. I'll get em at some point.

It's usually due too having excess solvent.

Congratulations. May you have wonderous transformative expeditions with your magic sparkles there Smile

One love

gnickel48
#10 Posted : 4/5/2021 7:04:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Smile And thank you for the help