We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My new friend, Sananga Options

ms_manic_minxx
#1 Posted : 2/6/2021 4:45:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sananga is an interesting plant, and most commonly taken in the form of eyedrops. It's related to iboga, and is used to aid in breaking addictions/inertia/bad habits, aka panema. Panema is that black gooey stuff you may have the pleasure of seeing on Ayahuasca that accumulates in the solar plexus, and can bring bad luck. Sananga does not contain ibogaine (that it contains ibogaine is a busted myth). It's used to treat all sorts of ailments of the eye, from floaters, to glaucoma, to infections. It enhances vision before hunting, and also enhances visions before an Ayahuasca ceremony. It is oneirogenic.

By itself, it contains no psychoactive effects. Sadly there have been few studies on the alkaloids.

The drops are very delicate. Because they are water based, they must be refrigerated, and after being opened, are only fresh for about 2-3 months. They can lose potency and also grow mold.

And when you take them... THEY BURN Twisted Evil Spiritually, the idea is to sit with/meditate through the pain to cultivate/train in mindfulness, and you can apply that skill to other areas of your life.

I started working with mild drops about a week ago. I feel fresh and energized afterward. It's too early to comment on if it is helping any of my vision issues (covid WRECKED my eyes).

The burn was not nearly as bad as I expected. I started with 1 drop per eye and now I'm taking 2.

Sometimes I have mild visuals with cannabis. Since starting to work with Sananga, the visuals I have with cannabis have increased dramatically. The character of the visions changed - I saw tons of inukshuk/rock spirits, bird spirits, and what looks like weird microbiology stuff, but the geometry of the visuals was very circular and unlike what I normally see.

I haven't noticed a difference with visuals during Ayahuasca (yet), as I have only drank twice since starting. But I made an intention to clear my panema, and had two of the deepest and emotionally productive experiences possibly ever. Some things that I scratched the surface of in ceremony 10 years ago completely came to light, and I was able to get into them, move through them, and translate them practically into life.

I had difficulty sleeping when I took them late in the day. I wonder if this has to do with the oneirogenic effects? Because of this, I have yet to try them during an Ayahuasca ceremony.

They can dry the tear ducts with extended use - on the eyeball feels better (cathartic burn that quickly dissipates) than in the corner of the eye (burn that is just burning because something astringent went where it shouldn't have).

The plant's vibe is so delicate and gentle, like whispers and lace.

For anyone who wants to learn more:

Great site for general info

Interesting blog about panema, and mixing with Syrian Rue

Blog about working with Sananga for 6 weeks
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

WanderingCat
#2 Posted : 2/6/2021 5:42:21 PM

The White Haired Cat

I use contacts so I'm not blind as hell. Is it okay for it to touch contact lenses or should I take them out before hand and wait a little, I'm very intrigued! Thank you for sharing this.Pleased
Grass Grows When The Tiny Cat is Dreaming

Phangz wrote:

"this is your height on dmt.."

ms_manic_minxx
#3 Posted : 3/7/2021 10:16:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Update: after more research and experience, I wanted to add a few things.

Technique: If you use Sananga, be sure to roll your eyes around after applying the drops. They are much more effective this way. I didn't know this at the time of my initial post.

Safety: I found a conversation where a vendor advised using the drops one day, and taking four days off so the eyes don't dry. I experienced no drying effects until I started rolling my eyes. Space out your use.

Once I started rolling my eyes, I got significant visual benefits.

My vision was damaged and worsening after having covid last March; I went from needing glasses only to drive at night, to not being able to see a screen properly a few feet in front of me. I had to replace my glasses, developed painful light sensitivity, and disgusting globs of floaters. There may have been something neuromuscular going on, because I had difficulty focusing and sometimes failed the follow-the-finger test.

It took MAYBE a week of applying Sananga this way to get a lot of healing - my depth perception and visual acuity returned to what they were pre-covid, and I no longer have trouble focusing. Light sensitivity went away as well.

I still have floaters. I'll report back if they clear with more time.

The synergy with psychedelics remained the same when I changed application techniques. It seems a smaller amount was helpful with inner vision, but stronger amounts were helpful for outer vision. Depending on your intentions for working with the plant, this may be something to consider when choosing a strength of the eyedrops.

Quote:
Is it okay for it to touch contact lenses or should I take them out before hand and wait a little

I would take out contacts just to be safe, because there is such a small amount of data on the plant.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

WanderingCat
#4 Posted : 3/9/2021 7:20:10 AM

The White Haired Cat

Great update Smile , was looking forward to this. I think if I can find a reliable source I'll grab some. Have a feeling this would benefit me greatly. My eyes suck, as mentioned before I'm pretty much blind without contacts and I feel as though I'm getting more floaters nowadays. I'll definitely heed your instructions. Look forward to getting this!
Grass Grows When The Tiny Cat is Dreaming

Phangz wrote:

"this is your height on dmt.."

Fractalus
#5 Posted : 4/3/2021 9:38:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great post friend!

its recomended to remove eye contact an hour or so(maybe less) before taking sananaga, thats is the reason im always refuse to sananaga before ceramonies unfortunally.

great medicine!!!
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

ShamanisticVibes
#6 Posted : 4/3/2021 7:27:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have some Sananga on the way! Thanks for posting, I was unaware of any of the things you brought to light. I will let you know once I get it if I experience anything extra. Thanks for posting!
May we continue to be blessed