We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dedicated area for sharing and comparing experiences of similar nature. Options

Bisy
#1 Posted : 4/1/2021 9:09:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, or maybe thats why I'm thinking that there are some common themes that ppl experience from dmt. Or other compounds, and while trying to figure out what it means, and weather the experience was entirely unique to one person, or very similar to others too, it might be useful to dedicate an area to experience comparison.. I see potential for many interesting discoveries from such a discussion.
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DoingKermit
#2 Posted : 4/1/2021 9:43:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is the Hyperspace Lexicon where the purpose is to try map hyperspace through common experience.

Is this what you're looking for?

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 4/1/2021 9:46:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Great idea. Maybe it could become a sticky in the detailed reports. Maybe a separate thread for each compound? Only concern would be others stoking delusions and reinforcing a negative view of experience/ unproductive effects on one another. But overall I think it would help with understanding, integration, and harm reduction.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Seeingisbelieving
#4 Posted : 4/2/2021 1:31:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You could always go through and read all of the experience reports on this website and organize them into categories or you could conduct surveys to get more specific data. Either of these ideas take a bit of time and dedication. I'm not sure if you'd learn anything new that you haven't discovered for yourself through direct experimentation.

Bisy
#5 Posted : 4/2/2021 1:40:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DoingKermit wrote:
There is the Hyperspace Lexicon where the purpose is to try map hyperspace through common experience.

Is this what you're looking for?

Yeah, I guess it is very similar in concept, I gotta get over there and check it out more thoroughly. What I was imagining was a place dedicated to sharing and discussing the finer details of an experience with others (ego death for instance) that many have had.. to learn exactly how multiple people get the same message and how it presents itself to each.

I dont think I've had the ego death experience, but I did have a physical death experience. I've demonstrated that im pretty open minded and accepting of learning of my flaws and interpreting ego messages comfortably, could this be why I never experienced something that I wanted to call ego death?

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 4/2/2021 2:15:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bisy wrote:

I dont think I've had the ego death experience, but I did have a physical death experience. I've demonstrated that im pretty open minded and accepting of learning of my flaws and interpreting ego messages comfortably, could this be why I never experienced something that I wanted to call ego death?

That's an interesting question. I like it.

It could be that. May it also be that it just hasn't happened yet? Is there potential for maybe you didn't recognize it as such? Or even, you experienced it during the physical death episode? Perhaps it's some permutation of a combination of these?

If the Hyperspace Lexicon isn't really in line with your idea, I look forward to seeing what becomes of your brainchild.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Bisy
#7 Posted : 4/2/2021 7:26:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well let's do an experiment, I think ego death is a common enough experience. We can start a new thread (help me think of a good title)

Share and compare our "ego death" experience thread...

Or "have you had an experience seem so real you wonder if it is the same for others.

Or "calling all who have experienced ego death" and then initiate a discussion that dives into the details and possible causes of similarities or differences. Maybe ego death experiences happen when someone's ego is holding them back. We could possibly learn the mechanisms by which we chose our experiences, or even more fantastic how hyperspace choses our experiences.

Bisy
#8 Posted : 4/2/2021 7:35:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

okay, so the hyperspace lexicon is definitely the same idea, so credit goes there for that, and its also a much more structured approach, so maybe what im suggesting is more of a preliminary brainstorm area where we haggle a little and see what topics should be continued under the more structured approach at lexicon.

Bisy
#9 Posted : 4/2/2021 7:49:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe I'm just being lazy, this almost deserves to be moved to "what the fa-q" the info is everywhere. Apologies. A more productive approach would be to dig it all up and make a report out of it. And see where that leads further discussiion.. dang, I dunno if im ready for all that yet.

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 4/3/2021 12:20:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bisy wrote:
Well let's do an experiment, I think ego death is a common enough experience. We can start a new thread (help me think of a good title)

Share and compare our "ego death" experience thread...

Or "have you had an experience seem so real you wonder if it is the same for others.

Or "calling all who have experienced ego death" and then initiate a discussion that dives into the details and possible causes of similarities or differences. Maybe ego death experiences happen when someone's ego is holding them back. We could possibly learn the mechanisms by which we chose our experiences, or even more fantastic how hyperspace choses our experiences.

Keep brainstorming. Don't give up.

For ego death specific discussions and comparisons maybe "Ego Death Collaboration Understanding Project" or "Ego Death Concensus Thread" or "Analysis of Commonalities within the Realm of 'Ego Death'"

Ooo ooo oooo, you could even provide a formatting prompt for easier analysis and scanning.

1. Substance used during ego death experience (and amount taken)

2. Personal info: general physical info (like body weight), diet prior, headspace prior, external surroundings prior.

3. Highlight "cues" that lead you to think it was ego death.

4. Detailed summary of the experience (as detailed as possible once the part in the report comes specifically about ego death).

5. "Aftermath:" feelings post experience, immediate to several days/weeks/months.

6. Detail what it's like reflecting on the experience now.

I'm just brainstorming with you Smile.

One love

Bisy
#11 Posted : 4/3/2021 1:11:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats awesome, thank you for support and interest in my idea, but its definitely not an original idea, and the hyperspace lexicon is where someone else has already taken the iniciative and made efforts to pursue this intrest. And thats certainly the place for a scientifically formatted approach where certainty is the hopeful outcome..

That doesn't mean I'm ready to dismiss it. I would venture to assume that only a small to moderate percentage of us is really prepared to get really thorough and scientific about it. I think my contribution at this time is possibly to suggest, manifest, create a more user friendly invitation to participate in the deeper investigation.

Something geared a little more like a "whoa dude, I saw the exact same thing" conversation, that evolves into either not much, or possibly so many unusual similarities that it becomes something worth filling pages with relevant information and dissecting the information.

Bisy
#12 Posted : 4/3/2021 1:16:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

kind of like an experience report area, that exists for open dialog, but when something stands out as profoundly interesting, that particular topic can then be declared fit to be taken more seriously.