CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LOW PROFILE... DMT storage... Options
 
starway7
#1 Posted : 12/30/2020 4:43:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 167
Joined: 08-Sep-2018
Last visit: 29-Jul-2021
Location: colorado
For anyone who isnt already aware of this method ...[for long term DMT storage..] below are some older posts on the subject....

I hate to think of people taking the risk of storing .. powder or crystals..around their homes that stand the remote chance of being discovered by someone else...

I offered this idea years back and still stand by its convienent and stealthy method of storage..

Storing your spice pure crystals ...or even jungle spice... is easy by desolving it in high proof grain alcohol ..and putting it in an amber colored one oz dropper bottle...

Keeping it in a cool temperature enviorment.. posibly in the dark starage area like a closet...

Also it has the advantage of quick and easy disposal in an emergency by emptying bottle and a quick rinse in warm water...

I have used this storrage method for long periods and noticed no reduction in potency..just figure out your math for how many mgs of actives are in one drop of tincture....

The need for this may never happen for most of us...but thinking ahead always pays off in an emergency..

read old posts below....





dmt storage in grain alcohol or napatha? which is best? Options

starway6
#1
Posted : 3/3/2015 11:10:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 1669
Joined: 10-Jul-2012
Last visit: 07-Sep-2019
Location: planet earth
Ive been storing my Acacia tincture in a safe grain alcohol for some time because its so convienient this way...

I dont feel its harming the molecule ..but then again im not
perfectly shure..

A post recently claimed that evaporating the alcohol in the tincture may degrade the dmt some when it hits the air?

Instead he claimed that storage in napatha will do no harm to the molecule at all...

I now have fresh napatha pulls saturated with crystals and the crystals remain in crystal form laying in bottom of jar..

Alcohol will desolve any dmt crystals ..right away.. but suspends it well..

Any bright chemists here have an opinion on this subject?

www.rueshop.com
Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!
www.rueshop.com

downwardsfromzero
#2
Posted : 3/4/2015 8:48:57 AM

Peeing into the abyss

Chemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 5258
Joined: 30-Aug-2008
Last visit: 30-Dec-2020
Location: square root of minus one
What post is this you're referring to? I did a quick search and yours was the only post that came up!

Oxygen is rather less soluble in alcohol than it is in naphtha (look here on page 8 of the pdf, or page 170 of the journal. Compare ethanol values with any of the saturated hydrocarbon values.)

I think you're better off sticking with the alcohol as it's more 'food grade' than naphtha ever is.
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

pitubo
#3
Posted : 3/4/2015 1:19:33 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Senior Member

Posts: 1831
Joined: 15-Mar-2014
Last visit: 11-Jun-2018
Location: at the center of my universe
One slight disadvantage over naphtha is ethanol's tendency to absorb water.

Otherwise, I think that your idea of keeping the DMT in an ethanolic tincture for the purpose of both "low profile" storage and easy dosing is a great innovation.

Many people do not have a milligram scale (and most of the cheap scales should not be given too much confidence either). If one is able to measure DMT at the scale of 1 gram +/- 0.1 gram (meaning 10% uncertainty), then dissolving that quantity of DMT in an amount of ethanol equivalent to 100 drops means that 1 drop of tincture will hold between 9 and 11 milligrams of DMT. This is of course assuming that one can produce drops with a reasonable consistency in volume. If a small volume syringe or analytical pipette is used, very good accuracy is attainable, probably much better than most cheap milligram scales can give in actual real practice.

starway6
#4
Posted : 3/4/2015 5:22:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 1669
Joined: 10-Jul-2012
Last visit: 07-Sep-2019
Location: planet earth
downwardsfromzero wrote:
What post is this you're referring to? I did a quick search and yours was the only post that came up!

Oxygen is rather less soluble in alcohol than it is in naphtha (look here on page 8 of the pdf, or page 170 of the journal. Compare ethanol values with any of the saturated hydrocarbon values.)

I think you're better off sticking with the alcohol as it's more 'food grade' than naphtha ever is.



Thanks..I was just concerned about gradual deterioration of the spice over time..

I do like to store it in grain alcohol because of its so convienent...and it can be a problem storing it in crystal form..

starway6
#5
Posted : 3/4/2015 5:28:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 1669
Joined: 10-Jul-2012
Last visit: 07-Sep-2019
Location: planet earth
pitubo wrote:
One slight disadvantage over naphtha is ethanol's tendency to absorb water.

Otherwise, I think that your idea of keeping the DMT in an ethanolic tincture for the purpose of both "low profile" storage and easy dosing is a great innovation.

Many people do not have a milligram scale (and most of the cheap scales should not be given too much confidence either). If one is able to measure DMT at the scale of 1 gram +/- 0.1 gram (meaning 10% uncertainty), then dissolving that quantity of DMT in an amount of ethanol equivalent to 100 drops means that 1 drop of tincture will hold between 9 and 11 milligrams of DMT. This is of course assuming that one can produce drops with a reasonable consistency in volume. If a small volume syringe or analytical pipette is used, very good accuracy is attainable, probably much better than most cheap milligram scales can give in actual real practice.



I like alcohol storage a lot .. its very easy and ..LOW PROFILE.. and easy to dose and in safe grain alcohol could be used oraly..

The way mine is mixed its holding between one and three mgs of dmt per drop..using small dropper..

Its interesting how saturated napatha alows the crystals to remain in crystal form but alcohol desolves it imeadiatly?

pitubo
#6
Posted : 3/4/2015 9:35:14 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Senior Member

Posts: 1831
Joined: 15-Mar-2014
Last visit: 11-Jun-2018
Location: at the center of my universe
starway6 wrote:
I like alcohol storage a lot .. its very easy and ..LOW PROFILE.. and easy to dose and in safe grain alcohol could be used oraly..

It's not just the presence tincture that is low profile, it is also the absense of a milligram scale that is low profile.

starway6 wrote:
Its interesting how saturated napatha alows the crystals to remain in crystal form but alcohol desolves it imeadiatly?

Ethanol is a very good solvent for freebase DMT, much better than naphtha. The advantages of naphtha are its selectivity and its immiscibility with water. Those are useful qualities in an extraction procedure. As a general purpose solvent ethanol is better. Less toxic, quicker to evaporate and less conspicuous in most households.


 

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!
 
Bisy
#2 Posted : 4/1/2021 6:21:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 259
Joined: 09-Jan-2021
Last visit: 29-Jul-2021
Does saturated ethanol evap to a goo or xtal?
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.
 
downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 4/1/2021 7:41:52 PM

Peeing into the abyss

Chemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 5895
Joined: 30-Aug-2008
Last visit: 29-Jul-2021
Location: square root of minus one
Bisy wrote:
Does saturated ethanol evap to a goo or xtal?

Quick evaporation at around room temperature leads to a goo, but slow evaporation of aqueous ethanol in a freezer produced crystals (and not just ice crystals). Presumably there is a rate/temperature cutoff line for crystals vs. goo, potentially with an overlap.

The difference, I suspect is partly down to what the above-quoted pitubo says, ethanol's tendency to absorb water. Goo formation seems to be linked with the presence of moisture in the solvent. However, at a certain percentage of water in ethanol - which I found to be around 50% - DMT starts to crystallise out of aqueous ethanol at freezer temperatures, i.e. freeze precipitate. Very slow evaporation of the solvent allows these crystals to grow and at some point the ethanol content is low enough for the solvent to freeze.

Of course, at that point the solubility of freebase DMT in weak aqueous ethanol is likely to be very low - especially at -22°C. Therefore practically all of the DMT will have crystallised by that point anyhow. Under the right conditions the remaining weakly ethanolic ice will slowly sublime away, leaving only the DMT crystals. [This hypothesis awaits further experimental confirmation - but DMT most definitely precipitates from what is essentially premium strength vodka at the lowest setting of a good domestic freezer.]
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli
 
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 0.056 seconds.