We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Getting low yields, worried about purity, what's safe and what isn't Options

Astraseo
#1 Posted : 4/1/2021 11:00:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi All

So, long story short, I've done around 5-10 extractions now and I am having some issues and I have some concerns.

Firstly,

I have both ACRB and MHRB.

So, for MH bark, it's shredded. I run it through the blender to get it as powdery as possible.

I'm basifying with white distilled vinegar and water and then doing 3 boils for 1-2 hours each boil before draining off and replenishing. With the combined boiled mixture (usually around 1250-1500ml) I then reduce it down to around 600ml.

I leave to cool.

I am then using Lye and doing a thorough mix. On 300g of MH bark I use around 80g of lye to get a PH around 13. The mixture turns dark black. I shake and repeat a couple of times before adding the naptha.

I then shake and mix the naptha into the MH LYE solution and shake for a couple of mins a time before leaving to settle, sometimes I leave the mixture over night.

I'm then pulling off the naptha with a glass turkey baster.

I get most of the naptha, I run it through a coffee filter to keep any gunk out.

I then put in a large open dish and chuck it into the freezer for a freeze precip.

At MOST I've had in 1 pull was around 0.8g of DMT, second pull was 0.2g but what I got on the second pull was yellow and sticky.

Based on the 1% rule I would have expected to have gotten 3g at least not a paltry 1g.

So that's the first issue.

OTHER ISSUES

1. Naptha, I read that it can contain Benzene, I really don't want to be inhaling anything carcinogenic. The Naptha I had I spilled on to a granite worktop and it evap'd and didn't leave anything noticeable. How do you find out if your naptha is safe?

2. When I've done my extract, I can still smell Naptha even after doing a freeze precip and then a freezer dry. Basically, I drain the naptha thru a filter, capture crystals then I chuck it back in the freezer. I am leaving it for a few days up to a week in the freezer uncovered to dry it, should I be doing something else?

3. Should I be leaving the product to dry further after drying in the freezer before mixing with vape juice?

4. I consequently have not been able to get Naptha recently but I have Heptane, I hear this isn't as good at pulling DMT as Naptha but it does produce a purer product?

Advice on the above would be amazing!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 4/1/2021 12:05:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

What tek are you using my friend?

Might I recommend performing extractions with less plant material until you really have your process down?

The yellow sticky product sounds like it's goo. Goo is good. It's mainly plant fats and other alkaloids if I'm not mistaken.

A less than 1% yield can arise for a number of reasons: method of extraction, quality of bark, water used, etc.

The evap test is the best way I know to test is your solvent if safe. If there's no residue then it evaporates clean.

If you're still smelling solvent, then you haven't evaporated it all off. Tilt the dish in front of a fan and allow them to dry.

I don't know about "purer" but it will work. If concerned about impurities, re-x after you collect your yield.

Hope this helps.
One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 4/1/2021 9:39:07 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hello, Astraseo, and welcome.

Regarding some of your questions:
Quote:
1. Naptha, I read that it can contain Benzene, I really don't want to be inhaling anything carcinogenic. The Naptha I had I spilled on to a granite worktop and it evap'd and didn't leave anything noticeable. How do you find out if your naptha is safe?
Naphtha sold in the UK should not contain significant amounts of benzene, by law. If ordered from elsewhere you would need to check the specification for the product you have (or had).

Regarding the naphtha smell in your product, recrystallising from heptane will get rid of this.

It would be a good idea to remove the bit about source/supplier that you've mentioned in your post.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Metta-Morpheus
#4 Posted : 4/1/2021 10:45:12 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I have edited to fit the rules. Please read the attitude page and familiarize yourself with the rules regarding posts.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers