We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
cant get my ph above 11 max with base Options

un1corn
#1 Posted : 3/21/2021 3:37:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i humbly request any help with my recent extraction with cybs max ion. i have made many successful extractions with nomans but would like a more pure result as well as yield. i am also excited and amazed at the science of it all but have come to a bit of a emotional let down because i cannot seem to get my ph higher than 11ph max sometimes back down to 10.5ph. i even have went through an immensley large amount of lye with no help or change for the most part it makes no sense and i dont know what to do?? Does anyone understand or know what i am doing wrong or what i am missing and not understanding??

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

RowRowRowYourBoat
#2 Posted : 3/21/2021 8:11:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am very sorry to hear that you are having problems.

Given your description the first thing I wonder about is what are you using to check pH and are you sure it is reading correctly? Have you tried making just a lye solution and checking its pH? 2 grams of lye in a 50mL solution would be 1M concentration which should have a pH of 13.73

I would ask some followup questions like how much material are you extracting from, did you scale the method up and down, and what did you use as an acid but if you really used an immense amount of lye and can't get the pH to change I seriously wonder about the accuracy of your pH measurements

Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Why you should NOT take DMT

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 3/21/2021 12:44:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

RowRowRowYourBoat wrote:
if you really used an immense amount of lye and can't get the pH to change I seriously wonder about the accuracy of your pH measurements
My thoughts exactly.

A few more things though - what lye are you using? How old is it? Has it been stored correctly?

Lye slowly absorbs carbon dioxide from the air to form sodium carbonate - and even some sodium bicarbonate if you leave it long enough. Sodium carbonate will raise the pH to about 10.8 only. Did you perhaps use sodium carbonate by mistake?

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

un1corn
#4 Posted : 3/27/2021 7:33:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you both for your reply. i am pretty sure the ph meter was working properly until i broke it. smh thats the second one those things are very sensitive and maybe i should invest in a better or more expensive one?? whats crazy is i have done the noman tek with no problems and a very high efficiency but every time i try or do the hybrid acid to base salt tek or recently the max ion (because i would like more and a better or pure result0 i always end up with nothing 2 days later in the freezer! as far as the lye i am using devils or red devil lye and i am out at the moment. i am also using bestine instead of naptha as a result of my location but have found it to be better than naptha and lighter fuel when i was doing nomans but cant seem to get anything from max ion. if i let sit in the freezer for days i may get a crumb or spot or two but... smh

is there anywhere i may find a video or more thorough walk through of the max ion tek?? sorry and thank you so much!!

un1corn
#5 Posted : 3/27/2021 7:35:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

the lye is basically fresh and new a week or two old. Also about how much lye should i be using for 100grams mhrb and about a liter and a half to 2 liters solution or total solution??

un1corn
#6 Posted : 3/27/2021 7:43:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i tested ph with 2 different ph meters but both were cheap amazon 10 dollar ones i also or still have some strips ph but i also used solution so it was pretty close or accurate to both meters and strips but the strips seem to read the level high enough but there is NO telling really as 11 12 13 14 look very similar in color and being the solution is so thick or.. idk

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 3/27/2021 11:50:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Well this is an odd one. MaxIon tek it the only one I use and have never come across this.

To be fair, I don't check the ph after the first time I did it. A lot of posts on the nexussay "if it quickly changed color (from light to dark), the it has been based enough.

Now, based on my diffiulties with my cheap amazon ph meter (wondeing if we have the same one) while extracting harmala, your meter may be messed up. I calibrated mine, snd during the same day it started reading inaccurately, measuring distilled water slightly over 8.0. If yoy get a new one, perhaps order some extra buffer packs to test its accuracy. As well as to calibrate.

The amount of lye for the amount you're doing (100g of MHRB) should be 40g in 100ml of COOL filtered water. Are you using tap, filteted, or distilled water? I used tap water once and barely had a yield. I always use distilled now.

I've never used bestine, but are you allowing enough to evaporate before sticking it in the freezer? If not, then your wonderful spice is just floating in the solvent, waiting for less of it to be there, so that it kind bind to itself (crash out). My advice is to let the dish evaporate until it looks cloudy as that's an indication of full saturation.

I hope this helps a little.

One love

What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

un1corn
#8 Posted : 3/29/2021 5:55:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thank you!! ..and to be honest i never really evapped at all!? might be my big issue. i will try! i read somewhere that evapping was NOT needed or bla bla. Do you think this could be the problem if i folow the directions but yet never really evapped or let saturate?? i apologize for being so needy or bothersome but i would love to discuss more with you especially about the maxx ion tek if you wouldnt mind or if there is ANY info or tips that you want to run by me inform or bless me with. i am a sponge!!! i would also like to thank The two other members who gave there knowledge and took the time to bless me with their help as well. This IS, a wonderful community.

PEACE!

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 3/29/2021 6:11:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

un1corn wrote:
thank you!! ..and to be honest i never really evapped at all!? might be my big issue. i will try! i read somewhere that evapping was NOT needed or bla bla. Do you think this could be the problem if i folow the directions but yet never really evapped or let saturate?? i apologize for being so needy or bothersome but i would love to discuss more with you especially about the maxx ion tek if you wouldnt mind or if there is ANY info or tips that you want to run by me inform or bless me with. i am a sponge!!! i would also like to thank The two other members who gave there knowledge and took the time to bless me with their help as well. This IS, a wonderful community.

PEACE!

First, I am not finding you needy at all. I understand where you're at Smile.

Relative to avoiding evaporation, if you're using the amounts of NPS specified by the tek, it's kind of imperative to let it evaporate. Otherwise there's too much NPS for the spice to "crash out"/precipitate, and in turn appears you have small yields. It's in there, but it's unable to bind to other like molecules.

And feel free to shoot me a PM, I will do my best to help you.Smile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

un1corn
#10 Posted : 3/29/2021 6:55:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thank you i will pm you! Smile

Peace!

un1corn
#11 Posted : 3/29/2021 7:07:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ok i a apologize. i am incapable of sending you any pm because of my new membe status. I am excited as you have breathed new light into my past extractions. lol Sincerely though thank you! So if i do not evap at all this could very well be the reason i have been getting VERY low close to NO yield with the maxxion?? i still have bestine(which you should really try in place of naptha for a slightly better pull or finished product. a lil bit more expensive than naptha but where i am at i have no choice just thought i would offer the little bit of knowledge and experience i can. lol) should i evap that as it has been in a container sealed in fridge after numerous failed attemos in the freezer!? How long do you usually evap or does evap take you for say amount of nps required or instructed to use for in the "maxx ion tek"?? LAstly and most embarrasing, (really wish i could have pm you this part) i still have from past extraction mostly failed cybs ab and max ion failures about or at least 6 gallons of aquios i have been keeping together and storing because i did not want to waste or throw away because of possibility i could use fix or anything. ...Any ideas?? smh lol

..thank you so very much!!

Peace!

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 3/29/2021 7:33:36 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Needing to evap kind of means too much naphtha was used in the first place. Optimising the solvent volume so that the first pull is saturated and has removed the maximum amount of DMT from the base soup is a bit of a trick. It relies on knowing how much alkaloid is there in the first place. There are some good posts on the forum detailing the mathematics behind this.

But the fact that you're getting near zero yields suggests that something is amiss. Are you using the same bark as previously?

Avoid changing more than one variable at a time!

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#13 Posted : 3/29/2021 8:20:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Needing to evap kind of means too much naphtha was used in the first place. Optimising the solvent volume so that the first pull is saturated and has removed the maximum amount of DMT from the base soup is a bit of a trick. It relies on knowing how much alkaloid is there in the first place. There are some good posts on the forum detailing the mathematics behind this.

But the fact that you're getting near zero yields suggests that something is amiss. Are you using the same bark as previously?

Avoid changing more than one variable at a time!

Second this!

I actually use about 30ml per pull from Max Ion instead of 50ml to do what downwardsfromzero stated

Smile

One love

Voidmatrix
#14 Posted : 3/31/2021 4:38:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alrighty, so, for all of the containers you have with solvent (and DMT) in them, evaporate them down one at a time. You want to evaporate down to about 40 percent of the original volume. Use a clean fan on high. I am assuming the 6gal of aqueous aolution was the solvent, unless you meant your medium you're extracting from... otherwise, if you did the pulls from them, it is in the solvent.

I recommend one dish at a time so as to limit the amount of solvent vapor in the area.

So either 40 percent (roughly) OR until the solution is more cloudy than clear. Once it's cloudy,the solution is saturated by DMT.

Then put the dish at an angle in the freezer for 12-24 hours (you may not need to wait that long but that'a how long I do it for. You can check the dish periodically to see if any molecule has begun to crash out.

From my experience, too much solvent makes it seem like there's little to zero yield.

Also thank you for the tip on bestine. I think I am going to try thatSmile

One love

un1corn
#15 Posted : 4/15/2021 2:54:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Blessings to everyone!! ..i first want to start out by saying thank you to everyone who helped and gave any feedback genuinely without knowing me from a can of paint as well as without gaining anything in return!? i would like to apologize because the least i could do is give my immediate feedback to show my appreciation and or inform you guys if anything you blessed me with worked out and or how. know that is and always is my take on it and i honestly would and do but i havent been on here really because i am going through and have been a extremely difficult time as is my family so i havent been able to do much lately havent had the time patience or nerve to be honest! i hope yo understand, i mean no disrespect and for all i am blessed and or given i am thankful.

Voidmatrix
#16 Posted : 4/15/2021 3:09:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

un1corn wrote:
Blessings to everyone!! ..i first want to start out by saying thank you to everyone who helped and gave any feedback genuinely without knowing me from a can of paint as well as without gaining anything in return!? i would like to apologize because the least i could do is give my immediate feedback to show my appreciation and or inform you guys if anything you blessed me with worked out and or how. know that is and always is my take on it and i honestly would and do but i havent been on here really because i am going through and have been a extremely difficult time as is my family so i havent been able to do much lately havent had the time patience or nerve to be honest! i hope yo understand, i mean no disrespect and for all i am blessed and or given i am thankful.

I hope all is well and that whatever is going on for you and your family passes sooner rather than later and that you all heal together and grow together.

Most of us providing help are rewarded just by helping. At least I am. You owe me nothing and I'd do it again!

Life happens to all of us. Take your time and prioritize your present responsibilities (which it sounds like you're already doing). Extraction and exploration will be there when the time is right.

Sending loveLove

One love

un1corn
#17 Posted : 4/15/2021 3:18:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

as far as an update with my ORIGINAL situation or problem.... DRUM ROLL PLEASE....!!!!

Its solved!!!

thanks to your guys help and input! Smile there was also the fact that my ph was fine! lol smh Smile
without you guys though i wouldnt have..

to be honest ph is fine and as most veteran space travelers say its really not needed. It goes black and when you know you just kinda know!? (more from experience i guess) but also like they say if you still unsure or JUST TO BE SAFE, "throw a lil more in." lmao Ph meter not necessarily a MUST HAVE i purchased ph strips for cheap9CAN I SAY WHERE OR...??) anyway pretty cheap and i read some comment where you can cut the strip in half and that doubles the count. lol (cheap trick but extremeley useful and kinda funny) So on to my extractions i have had a chance to do another extraction and work on an old so to update you all the precip does work and or work better!? ..i mean i finally got a yield out of a max ion after using that technique BUT, as YOU guys said as well and i mean this with all due respect precip is for too much nps used or if you have gotten a warm/ and or good saturated pull with less or about half the nps!? so to get to the point of what i am trying to say without ofending is which one is it!? lol Cause like i mentioned before i read somewhere that it wasnt needed or big deal etc. (something to that effect) and but yall said yall do and dont or i should or shouldnt!? lol
TO BE HONEST I LOVE THE SCIENCE AND MAGIC OF ALL THIS AND NEVER HAVE REALLY BEEN THAT GUY BUT WHEN YOU DEAL WITH SCIENCE AND OR THE NATURE OF SELF AND OUR LOVELY PLANET ITS LIKE MAGIC. LITERALLY!!

..so in conclusion my yeilds are nothing to stand next to or speak on when max ion about the same as my nowmans and 1 or about for every hundred or so.. I am not sure how true the 3x yield (in theory is) but i would be grateful with 2x and genuinely in general! lol

THANKS AGAIN AND BLESSINGS TO ALL!!

.doing another max ion now or starting still in freeze thaw stage BUT this is my biggest extract yet 300 as most have been 50 to 100 and i am bout to pull on my 1st 150 that ia didnt do perfectly so it was like a nowmans hybrid ion f up! (excuse my language)but aside from timing and overseeing the way i am suppose to should or would have liked, i fell asleep and left in a slow cooking water bath which is normal @ and to my knowlege is suppose to bee about 100 to 105 degress and it was more like 120 and i fell asleep for a few hoours and about four or so later woke up and it was on wrong setting and about 120 with a lil of my pwdr bark hard and stuck to bttom as those that know, know. so i salvaged and am bout to pull but dont expect anything to brag or even write about as i know i wasnt on top f things the way i should wanted or could. which is why i am now starting to think i shouldnt have made such a big extract cu its my last mhrb i have but i NEED to get as much out of it as i can.

Hope to speak chat and interract soon as i know when we post for help or feedback we would like an answer or feedback as soon as possible and in turn i think feedback on the the other end is just as needed wanted and the best way to show your appreciation,

BLESS!!

un1corn
#18 Posted : 4/15/2021 3:21:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

wHOAH THAT WAS QUICK! LOL SEE WHAT I MEAN TAKE THE WORDS OUT MY MOUTH! (ONLY GOT A FEW SENTENCES IN BUT VOIDMATRIX YOU are something! lol
We all are but its great when we show it in a positive and genuine way. lol let me finish reading.. lol

un1corn
#19 Posted : 4/15/2021 3:27:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

yes and thank you!! i am very interested in any and all you and anyone else has in general but especially with the max ion tek as is or seems to be the yield of all yields!? as i am very thankful to all that have added or bettered for lack of a better word. lol in all extracts and especially this one which is why i am so interested and determine. thank you cyb and thank you all.
VoidMatrix i tried to pm the day we last talked and i even tried your technique and no luck so i apologize if we clutter the blog or blogs back and forth but my status prevents me. but i am going to work on questionare and other ways of gaining knowledge and member status as well and you can clutter the heck out my box WHENEVER you need or want to share. Thanks will post feedback tomorrow on 150 and day after next on 300.

BLESS!!

Voidmatrix
#20 Posted : 4/15/2021 3:47:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for asking, but did you mean evaporate instead of precipitate in you query?

Quote:
Evaporation is a type of vaporization that occurs on the surface of a liquid as it changes into the gas phase.

Quote:
Precipitation (chemistry), condensation of a solid from a solution during a chemical reaction

I'm not trying to be condescending or rude, simply clear.

Relative to how the question was asked, I have one in return: How would you gather your magical goodies you put so much time and effort into if you didn't allow it to cling to itself in the solution?

In how I think you meant (evaporation) your question, one HAS to evaporate if 1. So much solvent was used that it's not saturated by the spice. 2. The bark is of poor quality and thus less yield overall in the solvent. Same principle applies: is the solution saturated? Otherwise, no, evaporation is not necessary. Plop it in the freezer at an angle overnight (precipitation).

For the PH strips, DOPE you doubled the supply (and if it's an unwatched or regulated item (which it probably is) then you can share where you procured it).

Quote:
No discussion on selling, buying, sourcing, acquiring, pricing, trading, receiving, distributing, mentioning pending deliveries or smuggling of drugs

This includes all isolated psychedelic compounds and RCs (Research Chemicals), whether they are legal or not. The only goods allowed to be discussed are legal live plants, legal viable seeds (both in the Sustainable plant and seed suppliers subforum) and legal/unwatched chemical supplies. See Street Value of DMT (AND WHY YOU SHOULDN'T EVER SELL DMT AND OTHER PSYCHEDELICS) for good reasons why we don't allow this.

Also please read this thread: Bye bye MHRB sourcing talk, we will remember you

If I may, why the rush? Ration it out so it lasts you (imo). Personally I've thought about scaling back 50g extractions instead of the 100g ones. 500mg is plenty (it only takes me about 25mg to breakthrough), and I find the process, enthralling, cleansing, purifying, and alchemical. Feel free to discard my two centsBig grin

Also, it may be because you're using bedtime while I'm using naphtha. Df0?

And yep! Stay aware during extractions (I set alarms).

Nevertheless, let us know how it goes! And good luck!

One love

12NEXT