We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extraction on Caapi Resin? Options

quaternion
#1 Posted : 3/30/2021 7:44:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey All,

So I'm relatively new to this whole world but I've had a few successful trips with Syrian Rue extracts. Recently I got my hands on some 30:1 Caapi resin but I'm not having much luck with it. I naively assumed the resin was essentially the same as an extract and thought I was getting a deal. I now realize it is essentially a concentrated vine and I have no reliable way to dose it accurately. Wasted about 450mg of spice on two failed attempts with drinking resin dissolved in warm OJ/water now and I'd really prefer to use alkaloid salts cause I can't afford to be wasting my precious dimitri Smile

So I'm thinking I can simply follow this tek from the Basification of the Brew step and get the alkaloids. Does this plan make sense? Has anyone tried this before?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

doubledog
#2 Posted : 3/31/2021 10:38:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, you can follow that tek, but start with dissolution of resin in water with little bit of acid in it.
These resins are weaker than most people expect, so if you extract anything, please report your results here, would be interesting to know.

Triglav
#3 Posted : 3/31/2021 1:46:55 PM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

For the future I suggest you get some whole Peganum harmala seeds. You can use whole seeds or extract from them the precious harmala alkaloids. The whole plant is a treasure.