We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pharmahuasca with additional herbs Options

Dasein
#1 Posted : 3/28/2021 6:00:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been wondering if anyone else has tried ingesting other herbs/herbal extracts in combination with pharmahuasca. I am currently making C. Zacatechichi extract and was wondering if I could take it with pharmahuasca some time.

Also, has anyone tried ingesting herbal extracts and then smoking dmt. Could the effects be similar to smoking enhanced leaf?
این جهان با تو خوش است و آن جهان با تو خوش است
این جهان بی‌من مباش و آن جهان بی‌من مرو

ای عیان بی‌من مدان و ای زبان بی‌من مخوان
ای نظر بی‌من مبین و ای روان بی‌من مرو

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Sourbuzz
#2 Posted : 3/28/2021 6:43:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That leaf sounds interesting!
What is more, Calea Z is often used for the following conditions:

– anxiety– arthritis– asthma– cleansing– diabetes– diarrhea– digestive disorders
– fever– headache– inflammation– menstrual problems– pain with breathing– swelling

Tomtegubbe
#3 Posted : 3/28/2021 8:46:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dasein wrote:
I've been wondering if anyone else has tried ingesting other herbs/herbal extracts in combination with pharmahuasca. I am currently making C. Zacatechichi extract and was wondering if I could take it with pharmahuasca some time.

Also, has anyone tried ingesting herbal extracts and then smoking dmt. Could the effects be similar to smoking enhanced leaf?

I have taken calea a couple of times with pharmahuasca. Calea makes you stay more "awake" when you are dreaming, literally, if you take too much. So my theory is that when you enter the dreamlike headspace of DMT, calea could help you stay more alert. It probably has some effect, but I'm afraid of it's toxicity.

I always take lemon essential oil drops with tryptamines as it really helps with nausea. If nausea is bad or you have trouble letting go, just a hint of MJ can help, just be careful not to overdo it.

Mushrooms and DMT is a wonderful combination for pharmahuasca.

I like to use lavender as scent in diffuser. I associate it with feminine energy. It's not psychoactive, but scents are worth experimenting too.

I often like to smoke non-psychoactive herbs in pipe just to get into mood, peppermint, salvia officinalis, lemon grass, thyme, rosemary. It's rewarding once you find the ones you like.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 3/28/2021 10:52:42 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Recently I added extracted harmalas and 'purified mimosa tincture' to my usual herb tea blend - nettle, calendula, horsetail, goldenrod, yarrow, St. John's wort, camomile, mistletoe and peppermint - a kind of "through the looking-glass" approach, whereby the pharma was as much the admixture (but what an admixture!) With such a pot-pourri of a tea it becomes hard to pinpoint a specific herb contributing to any particular effect except for the mimosa which was fairly obvious. I do think the mistletoe contributed to increased blood flow to my extremities. It was like my fingertips were sizzling. More on this elsewhere - once I get my write-up into shape. Suffice to say, I was not interested in becoming bogged down with internal pareidolia of visions and pushed forward with my recent focus on certain matters of healing and personal growth.

I fully support the efforts of all members here documenting usage of admixture plants in pharma-, ana- and ayahuasca practice.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Sasha_shows_the_way
#5 Posted : 3/29/2021 7:22:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Recently I added extracted harmalas and 'purified mimosa tincture' to my usual herb tea blend - nettle, calendula, horsetail, goldenrod, yarrow, St. John's wort, camomile, mistletoe and peppermint - a kind of "through the looking-glass" approach, whereby the pharma was as much the admixture (but what an admixture!)

I've not heard of mistletoe being used in that way, although I know it has a long history of use.

Do you have to be careful when using St John's Wort? Doesn't it have known interactions/contraindications?
Rules are for the guidence of wise men and the obedience of fools.

Tomtegubbe
#6 Posted : 3/29/2021 10:12:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
I do think the mistletoe contributed to increased blood flow to my extremities. It was like my fingertips were sizzling.
Aspirin provides by the way immediate help for vasoconstriction and is very safe. You miss the feeling that the plants give but don't need to worry about toxics.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 3/29/2021 10:27:21 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
Do you have to be careful when using St John's Wort? Doesn't it have known interactions/contraindications?
Yes, SJW affects metabolic enzyme function. I use only a tiny amount such that it is practically symbolic - making a single cup of tea using ten teaspoons of herbs would be undrinkable in any case.

My herb blend has been built up over a number of years and attuned to my personal requirements. I wouldn't advise anyone else to try this without seeking advice from a qualified herbal practitioner.

One should always take regular breaks from the usage of any medicinal herb. For one thing, how else would you know if it's doing anything?

I shall probably have to start over with the individual herbs if continuing to combine my herb teas with pharmahuasca. This will give a clearer picture of where any efficacy lies, and will help to eliminate superfluities.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Dasein
#8 Posted : 3/29/2021 6:42:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, now I feel more confident to try out different combinations. Compared to changa and enhanced leaf, there are hardly any posts about aya or pharmahuasca combinations so I started to wonder if that could be because of possible interactions with MAOI.
It would be interesting to see a comparison between changa and aya/pharma combinations.
این جهان با تو خوش است و آن جهان با تو خوش است
این جهان بی‌من مباش و آن جهان بی‌من مرو

ای عیان بی‌من مدان و ای زبان بی‌من مخوان
ای نظر بی‌من مبین و ای روان بی‌من مرو

evene
#9 Posted : 3/30/2021 9:06:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey, i added fresh gynostemma (jiaogulan) into aya, mostly to have a fresh plant in the brew. in herbal medicine, it's used against anxiety. the effects were mild as intended, yet there was some more liveliness Smile

i'll probably look into fresh local plants next, with the mention of aspirin here, willow bark seems like a great choice. i remember dithyramb posting good results with using russian olive with harmala/acacia brews, you might search for those if that interests you.

murklan
#10 Posted : 3/31/2021 1:39:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great topic!
I've only done enhanced leaf with home grown herbs and I always drink some herbal teas before and after a session. But when doing pharmahuasca I've not done a lot. But will, then I have some fumarate again. Until then it's oral harmalas (from rue) and enhanced leaf.

I've always used mostly calming herbs. The reason is that in the beginning when getting to know the power of DMT I wanted to slow things down, to calm my self a bit. And also to support dreams and what they gives (using mugwort etc). I think it works, placebo or not. But now after a year and a half the DMT-trip is almost never as intense as it as back then. ... So I might switch herbs actually Smile

RowRowRowYourBoat
#11 Posted : 4/17/2021 9:07:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lemon Balm. I have yet to personally try it with aya/pharma but have used it to good effect with psilohuasca and plan to use it with dmt brews in the future. With psilohuasca I have found it greatly eases the come-up and I find it a nearly essential addition for its calming effects during high dose experiences.

It seems ShamensStamen is the local champion here on the nexus of its usage and provided some details about its effects on brews in their replies to this thread - https://www.dmt-nexus.me...px?g=posts&m=1095569

Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Why you should NOT take DMT

ShamensStamen
#12 Posted : 4/17/2021 9:12:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

^ Big grin Cool

Yeah Lemon Balm pretty much became essential for me too, i mean i can do without it but much prefer having it in the mix. The overall experience is just a lot smoother, but still quite powerful indeed.