We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Please help about extraction with Cyb tek Options

girche
#1 Posted : 3/31/2021 12:24:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello guys
i want to extract dmt this week and i wanna use "Cybs Hybrid ATB Salt' Tek"
I have one question and please an Experienced user answer me Smile thanks in advanced.

I have heptane and hexane and naphta (zippo). which one is better to use ? in this tek cyb uses naphta...if i use heptane this tek would be fail ? please let me know because i wanna choose best solvent for this tek.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

shroombee
#2 Posted : 3/31/2021 5:15:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

girche wrote:
Hello guys
i want to extract dmt this week and i wanna use "Cybs Hybrid ATB Salt' Tek"
I have one question and please an Experienced user answer me Smile thanks in advanced.

I have heptane and hexane and naphta (zippo). which one is better to use ? in this tek cyb uses naphta...if i use heptane this tek would be fail ? please let me know because i wanna choose best solvent for this tek.

I'm not an experienced user, but you can find plenty of posts where people use naphtha to pull the DMT, freeze precipitate, then re-x with heptane. Heptane is more selective than naphtha, so the heptane step helps to clean up your DMT. Naphtha is also cheaper than heptane so it's used for the initial pull and then a relatively small quantity of heptane is used as the refinement.

girche
#3 Posted : 3/31/2021 2:51:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks brotha Smile
what is the best recrystalization method ?
you know i dont need big Xtals.i just want to have PURE dmt to vape easy with less harsh taste.

BTW i see in the Cyb'tek there is no evaporating stage !! why ? is it really needed to evaporated some of NPS ?

and last question Drool
is it really need to warm the nps up for pulling step ? in cyb's tel he dosn't warm it up .

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 3/31/2021 4:33:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

girche wrote:
thanks brotha Smile
you know i dont need big Xtals.i just want to have PURE dmt to vape easy with less harsh taste.

BTW i see in the Cyb'tek there is no evaporating stage !! why ? is it really needed to evaporated some of NPS ?

and last question Drool
is it really need to warm the nps up for pulling step ? in cyb's tel he dosn't warm it up .

The Max Ion tek (by Cyb) will tell 6you to evaporate down to about 40%. It's only necessary if an amount of solvent was used that prevents it from being saturated by the DMT. As grow more experienced you'll find the right amount so as to not have to worry about evaporation.

Many like to re-x with heptane, but in my experience, nathpta works as well.

The Max Ion tek also specifies HOT nathpta for pulls.

Hope this helps and good luck.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

girche
#5 Posted : 3/31/2021 5:07:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for your kindness brotha...
yes you helped.
when he says warm or hot Nps , what degree he means ? puting NPS container in a warm bath would be ok ?

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 3/31/2021 5:57:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

girche wrote:
thanks for your kindness brotha...
yes you helped.
when he says warm or hot Nps , what degree he means ? puting NPS container in a warm bath would be ok ?

Not sure about a specific temperature, but putting a vessel with the nathpta (covered) in a pot of lightly boiled water for about 45-60 seconds should be hot enough.

Please be very very careful. Heat the water, keeping the solvent covered and as far away from the heat source as possible. Make sure the heat source is off before adding the solvent vessel to the water bath.

I also never let the solvent vessel touch the bottom of the pot. I wear gloves and submerge it enough to cover the area to where the solvent reaches in the solvent vessel.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

girche
#7 Posted : 3/31/2021 8:07:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow

thankee ....
bless up Thumbs up

shroombee
#8 Posted : 4/1/2021 1:53:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

girche wrote:
thanks brotha Smile

There are a lot of methods and no "best" method. I suggest spending a couple hours reading so you have a better picture of the different processes. Here is one process:

1) Dissolve DMT in 1-2 tablespoons of warm heptane (be very careful - heat in a water bath as Voidmatrix described). Heptane may pick up a light yellow tint;
2) Decant heptane into a glass baking dish;
3) Place in freezer at a slight angle, after a few hours you'll see xtals (I leave it overnight);
4) Pre-dry the xtals in the freezer by tilting the dish to another angle so the heptane runs away from the xtals, leave for a few hours;
5) Remove from freezer, pour off heptane, let xtals dry with dish tilted in front of a fan;
6) Evaporating the heptane probably won't yield much, if anything, as the heptane is fairly selective to the DMT;
7) Any leftover residue from step #1 can be dried and is probably active. You can also mix this into future xtalization runs;

You will of course lose some yield because you are removing impurities.

Quote:
is it really need to warm the nps up for pulling step ? in cyb's tel he dosn't warm it up.

Warming a solvent usually (not for everything) makes things more soluble in the solvent and also speeds the process.

When warming heptane for freeze precipitation, the DMT freebase is not very soluble in heptane. Warming it allows the DMT to dissolve and saturate the solvent. Freezing then lowers the solubility so the DMT precipitates out of the heptane.

girche
#9 Posted : 4/3/2021 10:52:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys. I had a real stupid problem with my extraction. I poured 50mg hot naphta in the jar and after 3x shaking/settling i decided to pull it out and after pulling about 25m, i found my pippet dysfunctional. So i poured 100mg more naphta in the jar and waited for seperation.
After awhile it seperate but there was a little nps layer. I expect 125mg but there was only 40 or less there. I pulled it and after few minutes i realized that the rest nps seperated in the jar!
What happend?
And this problem was continous and i never found a big layer (full nps) at once pull.
My soloution was so black(i used exactly in cyb tek). Maybe i need more water huh?
Btw i have 2question:
1-is it ok to save nps after pulling in a shotglass in room and freez it next day?
2-when we pour nps in jar and shake it and seperates, for example if it has 50mg dmt in it, is it possible it lose pulled product in next (bad) shakes/seperate? You know what i mean(sorry for my bad english)

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 4/3/2021 11:18:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

girche wrote:
Hey guys. I had a real stupid problem with my extraction. I poured 50mg hot naphta in the jar and after 3x shaking/settling i decided to pull it out and after pulling about 25m, i found my pippet dysfunctional. So i poured 100mg more naphta in the jar and waited for seperation.
After awhile it seperate but there was a little nps layer. I expect 125mg but there was only 40 or less there. I pulled it and after few minutes i realized that the rest nps seperated in the jar!
What happend?
And this problem was continous and i never found a big layer (full nps) at once pull.
My soloution was so black(i used exactly in cyb tek). Maybe i need more water huh?
Btw i have 2question:
1-is it ok to save nps after pulling in a shotglass in room and freez it next day?
2-when we pour nps in jar and shake it and seperates, for example if it has 50mg dmt in it, is it possible it lose pulled product in next (bad) shakes/seperate? You know what i mean(sorry for my bad english)

First, be patient, think things through, it's always worth it in the endLove

Let's see if we can remedy this, first because it's easy to answer, it's supposed to be black (or dark dark dark purpleRazz ).

Second, when you add your solvent, don't literally shake the jar, probably why you're having an issue. Instead roll it over under to get it to move through the mix.

I'm pretty sure that's why you had a weird separation phase. Rolling the jar as previously described makes it separate quicker.

Your solvent layer will only be thick relative to the type of vessel you're using. The jar I commonly use, 50ml is less than a half inch separated.

Allowing nathpta to sit out will just make it evaporate. If it's in a shot glass, the glass will probably be empty the next day.

Decant the rest of the solvent, allow it to evaporate until cloudy (meaning it's saturated with spice), stick it in the freezer overnight, pour off resulting solvent (into a jar, save it in freezer (covered) for later), scrape your mind treasure. You may need to perform additional pulls. And having more solvent in at once isn't necessarily better...

Not really understanding your final question, but the spice is either in the jar, floating around the material it used to entwined with, or in solvent you've used to pull it.

One love

girche
#11 Posted : 4/4/2021 2:25:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for helping me voidmatrix.
Is it ok to boil root and filter it then use stb tek on a clean solution? If yes, does it lead to better results? How about yield?
You know swim really need to clean crystals for breaking through exp.

Voidmatrix
#12 Posted : 4/4/2021 3:43:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

girche wrote:
Thanks for helping me voidmatrix.
Is it ok to boil root and filter it then use stb tek on a clean solution? If yes, does it lead to better results? How about yield?
You know swim really need to clean crystals for breaking through exp.

Why boil and filter?

You've already gone through the process of breaking the spice out of the plant matter, and it's just floating around, some probably in the solvent that last separated.

Follow from the paragraph that starts with decant, which means get the solvent in simple terms and just follow the instructionsSmile

One love

girche
#13 Posted : 4/4/2021 10:17:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I freezed my first pull but it, s not as clean as i want.
I mean for next extraction do you recommend boil the root and filter?(make a clean solution)

Voidmatrix
#14 Posted : 4/4/2021 5:38:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

girche wrote:
I mean for next extraction do you recommend boil the root and filter?(make a clean solution)

If I may, what do you mean, "not as clean?" If concerned about any contaminants, just recrystalize. It's pretty easy.

Ah! Gotcha. No, that will not make your pulls any "cleaner" necessarily and you may well end up filtering matter that has spice inside, ultimately lowering yields.

One love.

grimlid
#15 Posted : 4/4/2021 5:55:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

girche wrote:

I would not recommend boiling and straining. It is not worth the effort and in the end if you are trying to take the the nps level too low to the soup layer you will always pull in unwanted material.
Use the sacrificial jar method. have each pull on the pipette run through a coffee filter into a jar . From the jar fill to your freezing vessel.
If you have a dirty batch come out of the freezer do a quick re ex on it. I re ex and wash all my spice prior to smoking it. All the lye is removed from it this way. If you smoke washed spice you will never go back to unwashed. It is so much easier to inhale and ingest.

If you are serious about smoking clean spice this is the guide https://www.reddit.com/r...he_base_in_your_product/
"I think; therefore I might be."

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 4/4/2021 11:58:17 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

girche wrote:
Suggested reading:

..Enough GOO questions! read this..
IMPORTANT: spice color purity fallacy AKA is your dmt ok to smoke ?

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli