We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The marble in the throat feeling Options

QuantumMechanician
#1 Posted : 3/9/2021 3:33:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello fellow explorers,

While on spice, I have experienced a couple times a very unpleasant feeling as if there was a marble or other small round object sliding down my throat into a cavity beneath it. It pulled me out of the experience and prompted me to verify I hadn't accidentally swallowed one of my airpods. I would check, confirm I hadn't, and laugh at the absurdity of such a worry. After this point the feeling was between like having a pill stuck in the throat and having this marble sitting in this cavity. Despite the fact I could witness my breathing and swallowing were not affected, the feeling would persist, the last time for an hour or so after coming down. I do not think there was anything physical like an inflammation but I was diagnosing myself from hyperspace. One sure thing is that feeling urged to expel an inexistent foreign object from one's throat can easily tap into instincts and spoil an experience.

My method of administration is a vape, it allows me to breakthrough in 2 big pulls, 50/50 VG PG, with 1g of spice per 1ml. I noticed I sometimes keep my mouth opened and breathe through it which in consequence makes it quite dry, this could also be the reason.

After a bit of research, I found out this effect is called ''Globus Feeling'' and seems to be mainly psychological but it is extremely unpleasant.

I was wondering, have some of you experienced such a feeling? Do you have a way of managing it? Could something in my method be triggering it? Do you think it could actually be a relevant part of the experience or just some undesirable side effect?

I have had extremely scary experiences before on psychedelics and it was really nothing compared to this unpleasant discomfort. In ''conventional bad trips'' I could always do something and there always was an ending and something deep to learn from it, this felt much more hopeless. After giving it some thought, this seems to be the total opposite of purging, if that makes sense.

If these experiences taught me anything, it is that I would rather face my worst demons than have a marble stuck in my throat.

Safe travels,

The Quantum Mechanician

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 3/9/2021 4:24:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

QuantumMechanician wrote:

If these experiences taught me anything, it is that I would rather face my worst demons than have a marble stuck in my throat.

That made me laugh (literally)

I commonly deal with similar situation. Often times before I blast off, I feel the need to burp and it's never a satisfying burp, so it's just on my mind and keeps being attempted.

There's a feeling of something like an air pocket in my throat (your marble?).

When it occurs during my experience, usually a big belch from the gut, almost like the feeling of vomiting satisfies this sensation and it goes away. I am usually at least two hours fasted so don't really have anything in my stomach to come up.

I often wonder if it's mainly in my head, and I use spice to help me encounter and explore that. I current inner consensus: it's mainly in my head.

I breakthrough rarely, but have noticed, the further I go the less this issue comes up.

Wish I had more direct and guided information to give you. But I have my experience of something similar, so in a way you're not alone.

Just keep pushing through it. It'll probably work itself out, or you'll get used to it.
One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

M0K0
#3 Posted : 3/9/2021 9:48:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Terence mckenna was the one who mentioned a something inside his body, wich came up through is throat and represented iteself as visible language. I never had this experience myself but can you guys relate to that?
If you smoke it right, you can't hold a pipe.

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 3/9/2021 11:52:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

M0K0 wrote:
Terence mckenna was the one who mentioned a something inside his body, wich came up through is throat and represented iteself as visible language. I never had this experience myself but can you guys relate to that?

I now have the recording where he mentions that in my mind. Have heard it so many times lol.

But, for me, no, though it could be that I haven't gotten far enough for that evoke and express itself from within me (if that's what the sensation is).
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ms_manic_minxx
#5 Posted : 3/9/2021 3:59:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you considered the "woo" sides of this? Do you have a difficulty expressing yourself emotionally or in day to day life? Could your throat be irritated by smoking, some kind of workplace chemical exposure, or an allergy, and your trips are magnifying this sensation to draw your attention to it?

If you are repeatedly getting the message, I would pick at it from every angle, including the other ones mentioned in this thread.

I found my way back to the Nexus after having some wild experiences with Ayahuasca helping me to heal chronic illness. I'm still doing a lot of work with odd sensations in my body that come up in ceremony, and they are decades of emotions trapped inside my body, fear, anxiety, sadness. The mind/body connection is really powerful and often under appreciated.

Maybe not the case for you - there are so many possibilities! But maybe worth an ask. I like to rest my fingers on a place where I have pain/discomfort and mentally ask, what is this? Why am I feeling this?

If it is the birth of an alien language into our dimension, PLEASE report back Laughing
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 3/9/2021 4:03:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, i know the feeling. It makes me wonder if maybe psychedelics in some way affect the thyroid.

It is a very peculiar phenomenon indeed. Sometimes even a DMT-like smell can give me a slight hint of that feeling. Very weird.

QuantumMechanician
#7 Posted : 3/18/2021 10:18:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I do agree, it is probably in great part in the head.

It did not feel like it was something representing itself as visible language, although it probably is.

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
If you are repeatedly getting the message

Not quite repeatedly, only twice.

After giving it some thought, it could be a mix of uncomfortable sitting positions and pre-flight anxiety(I sometimes shiver) which resulted in a tense neck. Also I believe earphones to cause discomfort as well, as they are in some way introduced inside the body, I shall try with headphones instead in the future.

Although the main reason I believe was that I had to take rather large medication pills at that time, which felt very uncomfortable both for my throat and spirit. I understand the science behind it but do not believe in the approach modern medicine is taking, I believe medicine should be used to diagnose the source of the problem and treat it by re-establishing a previously lost balance which originally caused the problem. Whereas modern medicine aims at individually suppressing the symptoms or the ability to be aware of them, usually resulting in different symptoms from the medications' side effects, which also need treatment in their turn etc... Modern medicine is in my opinion a game of dominoes in which our health and balance are being the victims of our egos who want the illusion of total control and domination over the variables. I believe nature is better at its own job than we are, and finding a balance can resolve most problems before they even arise, and in the worst case, we were not meant to be immortal anyways. I think this was a clash of medicines before all, where my old ways of life did not match with my new ways of seeing life, and it certainly led me to rethink my approach on my health.

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 3/18/2021 12:10:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do agree, it is probably in great part in the head.

It did not feel like it was something representing itself as visible language, although it probably is.

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
If you are repeatedly getting the message

Not quite repeatedly, only twice.

After giving it some thought, it could be a mix of uncomfortable sitting positions and pre-flight anxiety(I sometimes shiver) which resulted in a tense neck. Also I believe earphones to cause discomfort as well, as they are in some way introduced inside the body, I shall try with headphones instead in the future.

Although the main reason I believe was that I had to take rather large medication pills at that time, which felt very uncomfortable both for my throat and spirit. I understand the science behind it but do not believe in the approach modern medicine is taking, I believe medicine should be used to diagnose the source of the problem and treat it by re-establishing a previously lost balance which originally caused the problem. Whereas modern medicine aims at individually suppressing the symptoms or the ability to be aware of them, usually resulting in different symptoms from the medications' side effects, which also need treatment in their turn etc... Modern medicine is in my opinion a game of dominoes in which our health and balance are being the victims of our egos who want the illusion of total control and domination over the variables. I believe nature is better at its own job than we are, and finding a balance can resolve most problems before they even arise, and in the worst case, we were not meant to be immortal anyways. I think this was a clash of medicines before all, where my old ways of life did not match with my new ways of seeing life, and it certainly led me to rethink my approach on my health.

Since coming to your realization, have you partaken in the spice without the sensation in your throat?

One love

QuantumMechanician
#9 Posted : 3/23/2021 1:47:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix,
I have yet to, I will report back if anything interesting comes out of it.

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 3/23/2021 2:19:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix,
I have yet to, I will report back if anything interesting comes out of it.

Due too my similarity in circumstance, I'll do the same. Hopefully sometime this week. Maybe we can figure it out together, or at least one of us be able to move passed itBig grin

One love

Voidmatrix
#11 Posted : 3/23/2021 10:31:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Howdy FriendBig grin

I am coming down as I write this.

I knew from the moment I woke up this morning I was going to partake in a little spice after my work day, so thought about you since we're both having the same "issue" lol.

The burps I mentioned before began to present themselves during my prejourney meditation. They subsided just before disembarking.

Now I don't know if it's due to the power of suggestion or trying a new batch of changa I made, but that mysterious "marble" was very prevalent in my throat. I had a hard time getting a satisfactory burp and ended up gagging a bit before letting out a burp similar to that of ones had before vomiting.

Usually after such a burp I have relief. Not this time. Feeling was still there just as strong.

I decided to take a few more hits from the bowl to play with our conundrum a bit.

The more I was able to solidify the thought that it's in my mind the more it began to dissipate. It took a little time during the experience, but was successful. I even made the sensation come back a little bit just to see how mental it was.

I paid close attention to whether my breathing or swallowing were affected by the sensation. Not impacted at all. Which is a good thing since I like laying down for many of my journeys.

For me, it's in my head. There may be a subconscious response to the intensity or anticipation of intensity when I know I'm going to disembark. There may be some other subconscious mechanism that I have yet to consider as well.

This sensation occurs at lower levels oddly. Last time I went relatively far, my marble never presented itself.

I do deal with GERD as well, so am thinking of taking an antacid before journeying in the future.

While I don't necessarily think that I'm totally over it, I see it's something that I can control and manage, with the hope that sooner or later it will completely go away.

I'm off to walk my pooch, extract more harmala, and eat dinner.

I hope this helps, even if only a little.

One love

Blazon
#12 Posted : 3/27/2021 10:10:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

could this be because DMT is caustic? reacts with your saliva etc?

Voidmatrix
#13 Posted : 3/28/2021 8:10:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Blazon wrote:
Hi,

If not mistaken, I think it's only mildly so.

Can't rule it out thoughBig grin

My counter would be, for me, "why now?" In my case it only started happening a couple years ago. It could be due to dealing with my GERD-like situation.

Good question. Thank you

One love

QuantumMechanician
#14 Posted : 5/27/2021 11:27:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi
Voidmatrix wrote:
I do deal with GERD as well

I myself have some form of GERD so this could be it. The marble at the level of intensity first mentioned never came back, but I did notice a dry feeling around what felt like the left tonsil. I have changed my E ratios to 60PG/40VG and this drastically diminished the harshness of the hits and any side effect around the throat.

Blazon wrote:

It is possible, although I am more inclined to think it is due to the E liquid as I do not remember any feeling of the sort back when I was using the GVG.

A slight inflammation due to a small allergic reaction can cause a whole range of discomfort without impeding on the proper functioning, bringing one's attention to it makes it even more obvious and you end up stuck in a loop of obsessing over vitals.

I personally feel like I managed to move past it by simply not giving it attention.

Thank you,

Safe journeys

Voidmatrix
#15 Posted : 5/28/2021 1:41:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's wonderful news!

I'm still experiencing it, but I'm also working through some emotional/psychological stuff, so I've just kinda become indifferent towards it.

Congratulations Love

One love