We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anyone grown egyptian blue lotus before? Options

ShamanisticVibes
#1 Posted : 3/25/2021 5:37:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I just started my journey with nymphea c. and I can't seem to find any tutorial videos. The general consensus is that I am to use a clay loam, which I did not have so I experimented with something I have here, and may not work, but I have more seeds if it fails. My question is this. Is the tank set-up looking ok so far besides the obvious soil difference from spec? I also have an aerator that I will be using as well to keep the water oxygenated. Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: you cannot see in the photo, but the water comes up to about 2cm above the soil line, but still does not go above the top rims of the pots. I did this becase the soil I am using is a bit more on the mossy side, although it is mostly heavy enough to stay down as long as I don't shake it. Most likely this will not work out though, as I fear the weight of the seedling as it moves upwards may cause it to sink as if it were in quicksand, but only time will tell. I only really wanted to know about the water level and the aerator.
May we continue to be blessed

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 3/25/2021 5:59:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice project! Does the plant have a notable psychoactive effect to you?
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

ShamanisticVibes
#3 Posted : 3/26/2021 1:08:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
I wouldnt ecessarily call it pychoactive, but it does produce a noticable calm at the end of a stressful day. It gives me the head calm of a heavy indica, but no body load.

ShamanisticVibes
#4 Posted : 3/26/2021 1:11:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Also, if anyone was wondering, I used Fox Farm Coco Loco, soaked it to separate the materials that would float, and used the remainder as my base soil. RO water was added.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 3/26/2021 2:01:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Tomtegubbe wrote:

While you didn't ask me, I want to chime in on this.Big grin

I really like blue lotus in my changa. Today, after work, I came home and took a blue lotus extract pill before smoaking some changa. I was a great deal more relaxed (still some preflight jitters). It was a mild dosing, but really healing and really beautiful.

Shamanisticvibes,

You seem to have plants needing so many different environments. A whole lot of diversity! Once again, love it.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ShamanisticVibes
#6 Posted : 3/26/2021 12:33:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

VoidMatrix, that was my plan. I want to see if I could standardize, categorically, how to grow particular sets of plants. So instead of specs for individual plants, I can assign a letter and/or number, and that number will correspond with a specific soil/humidity/heat/other variable set. One could then, in theory, decide which environment they would be best suited at creating, accounting their own personal live's variables. Right now I have them in 4 categories, as I told you in my other thread; "grow log 1". In a perfect world, this would suffice, but I am assuming that once I get into this a little more, that there will be sub-classifications as well. Again, only time will tell. Thanks again for expressing so much interest! I hope I am able to help you, or anyone really, on your journeys with these plants. Sustainability, folks!

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 3/26/2021 7:25:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

ShamanisticVibes wrote:
VoidMatrix, that was my plan. I want to see if I could standardize, categorically, how to grow particular sets of plants. So instead of specs for individual plants, I can assign a letter and/or number, and that number will correspond with a specific soil/humidity/heat/other variable set. One could then, in theory, decide which environment they would be best suited at creating, accounting their own personal live's variables. Right now I have them in 4 categories, as I told you in my other thread; "grow log 1". In a perfect world, this would suffice, but I am assuming that once I get into this a little more, that there will be sub-classifications as well. Again, only time will tell. Thanks again for expressing so much interest! I hope I am able to help you, or anyone really, on your journeys with these plants. Sustainability, folks!

That sounds brilliant. I had never thought of anything like that before.

Yeah, you're putting a lot of new ideas in my mind and I'm soaking it up and basking in it.

Again, thank you Shamanisticvibes! You're really getting it done and adding really good info to the nexus with projects like these. You can bet I will keep my eye on it all.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽