We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hi there! Options

SawdustAndHoney
#1 Posted : 3/1/2021 8:46:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey!
I'm a person from a bit more of a chemical background interested in DMT. I hope I can find people like me here that I could share my experiences with in a scientific and objective way.

Thrilled to hear more on this forum...
sawdust

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

mesfis
#2 Posted : 3/3/2021 10:32:04 PM

MenVul

Hola a Todos!!!!

Saludando desde Chile!!!!
con muchas granas de aprender nuevas técnicas de extracción y poder realizar un trabajo de sanción introspectiva.

ShamanisticVibes
#3 Posted : 3/5/2021 9:47:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey sawdust! If you are interested in the chemistry of the matter, Hamilton Morris and Jason Wallach. If you are already privy to that info, I apologize, but if not, they are an incredible addition to the world of psychedelics. You may know them from a show that was published on Vice called "Hamilton's Pharmacopoeia". In the show he breaks down a lot of the synthesis of several compounds, including some that may have a bit more of a sinister reputation in popular culture. Explaining in these instances that a large number of the scare stories in our culture are simple misunderstandings of dosage and purity-of-compound as well. Hope you enjoy!
May we continue to be blessed

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 3/23/2021 5:46:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Based on the little that you stated, I can't help but recommend PIHKAL and TIHKAL by Alexander Shulgin (RIP).

I mean shit, he put detailed recipes for the second half of each book!

Look forward to seeing more from you.

One love.
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 3/24/2021 1:27:49 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hey SnH - missed you the first time round! Welcome anyhow.

What things have grabbed your interest on the forum so far?

Looking forward to seeing you around,

df0

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

SawdustAndHoney
#6 Posted : 3/24/2021 7:31:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha, thank you all for the kind welcome!

I of course know both Hamilton's Pharmacopeia and Shulgin. PIHKAL and TIHKAL, alongside Vogel, are a chemist's bibleWink

I'd love to contribute to the discussion by sharing my experiences with a tiny scale synthesis (never more than 3-5g). I've already succeeded with them and I would provide analytical data (GC-MS spectra) of the product.

I'd love to get some help regarding routes of administration. I have so many questions regarding smoking DMT, could I hop into the DMs of anyone, please? I could make a post too, I'm not sure how to do that though, can't see the create post button anywhere. I think I have to get a permission to do that first.

Best wishes to you all!

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 3/24/2021 7:38:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SawdustAndHoney wrote:
Haha, thank you all for the kind welcome!

I of course know both Hamilton's Pharmacopeia and Shulgin. PIHKAL and TIHKAL, alongside Vogel, are a chemist's bibleWink

I'd love to contribute to the discussion by sharing my experiences with a tiny scale synthesis (never more than 3-5g). I've already succeeded with them and I would provide analytical data (GC-MS spectra) of the product.

I'd love to get some help regarding routes of administration. I have so many questions regarding smoking DMT, could I hop into the DMs of anyone, please? I could make a post too, I'm not sure how to do that though, can't see the create post button anywhere. I think I have to get a permission to do that first.

Best wishes to you all!

Here's a link to get you started learning about method of administration my friendSmile

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=34242
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

SawdustAndHoney
#8 Posted : 3/24/2021 8:07:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you!
I read through the main and GVG threads. I'll start with 10-15mg and work on the technique. The thing is, I don't really have a vapor genie. I tinkered myself a very similar device out of clean borosilicate glass parts I have in my lab.
The idea behind it is to stuff a small layer of the stainless steel mesh, melt some DMT onto it and cover with tobacco/mint/whatever. Then hold a lighter/torch near the top and inhale, causing the warm air to vaporize the spice.

I'd love to hear all the input and criticism and ways to improve this!

I'm not sure how to attach an image here, so here's a link to the photo:
https://ibb.co/JvMT6CW

SawdustAndHoney
#9 Posted : 3/24/2021 8:08:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, didn't see the button Rolling eyes
SawdustAndHoney attached the following image(s):
foto_no_exif (13).jpg (31kb) downloaded 88 time(s).

Seeingisbelieving
#10 Posted : 3/24/2021 9:31:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Make changa or enhanced leaf...You will thank me later

Sasha_shows_the_way
#11 Posted : 3/24/2021 10:09:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SawdustAndHoney wrote:
Thank you!
I tinkered myself a very similar device out of clean borosilicate glass parts I have in my lab.

I'm far to new to this to offer any advice on whether what you've made will work but I love a good homemade lab glass pipe.

Somewhere in my box of sentimental knick-knacks I still have a bong that I made out of 'borrowed' lab glass from my school science lab. That's been sat in a box for over 20 years now but I still can't bear to get rid of it.

I ended up getting a glass vapor genie but I'm waiting for the steel mesh pads to arrive.

Good luck with your journey and let us know how the pipe works out.
Rules are for the guidence of wise men and the obedience of fools.

SawdustAndHoney
#12 Posted : 3/24/2021 10:24:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the proposition of changa. I'll probably make some and try it, but from what I've read and heard it's intensity isn't nearly the same as freebase's. I don't have any ayahuasca vine either, so it'd be just DMT absorbed onto tarragon or some other herb.

That's why I was wondering about the vaporizer/pipe. Thanks Very happy

Voidmatrix
#13 Posted : 3/25/2021 2:20:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Changa changa changa lol

Use some passionflower if you don't have any vine to get harmalas from. Passionflower is a mild maoi. One also does not need an maoi to make a changa blend. Just pick various plants that sound appealing and infuse the blend.

I'm a huge fan. There are so many options and combinations of herbs to use and if you pick the right ones, it can still be a wild time.

I just made a blend with chaliponga, marshmallow leaf, pau d'arco and blue lotus with some harmala as well as the spiceLove

Here's the wiki on changa. https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Changa

As for vaporizing, and with those specific devices and setups, I am inexperienced. Lately I have either been smoking changa, or vaping freebase with the terp pen.

The idea behind your device sounds sound. Kind of reminds me of what Gordotek made called "Dream Maker." They're different, but it came to mind. It may work better for you, though I've yet to use that one either.

One love

SawdustAndHoney
#14 Posted : 3/25/2021 7:25:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool, thanks. I might try one with some cool spices.
I read that one may smoke changa just as you would smoke a joint. Is it exactly the same? I feel like it'd have problems staying lit, but that may just be my paranoia Rolling eyes.

How does that compare to using it with a bong? Are both options plausible?

Voidmatrix
#15 Posted : 3/25/2021 11:01:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SawdustAndHoney wrote:
Cool, thanks. I might try one with some cool spices.
I read that one may smoke changa just as you would smoke a joint. Is it exactly the same? I feel like it'd have problems staying lit, but that may just be my paranoia Rolling eyes.

How does that compare to using it with a bong? Are both options plausible?

It appears many people like putting it in a joint. I have yet to attempt that. I'm pretty sensitive to DMT so I usually just use a bowl. I use a bubbler or a bongler (bubbler with a bowl piece that's pulled similar to a bong) and they work really well for me. If you're more comfortable with a bong I'd advise using that.

Just make sure you have somewhere to set it after you rip it!

One love

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 3/26/2021 9:10:39 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

SawdustAndHoney wrote:
I tinkered myself a very similar device out of clean borosilicate glass parts I have in my lab.

That's an elegant use of glassware - a lot simpler than the one here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=687422#post687422

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

SawdustAndHoney
#17 Posted : 3/26/2021 9:29:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, Quickfit glassware! That's enviable!
I decided that I'd wait until the Aegis vaporizer I bought comes. No point hurrying.

SawdustAndHoney
#18 Posted : 3/30/2021 7:06:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Aegis Vaporizer came alongside a Vandy Vape mesh RDA. I'm very satisfied - the DMT vaporizes very cleanly and leaves absolutely no residue. There isn't even any smell to speak of. The only problem is that the pieces of mesh that come with it have to be cut to size as they're initially too large to insert into the slots. This has to be done carefully so as not to create inequal widths in the mesh - these cause some spots to get hotter than others. At 400F stainless steel temperature controlled mode the air drawn up during toking isn't even warm. There's no need for long mouthpieces or anything like that. I tinkered myself a mouthpiece out of a piece of plastic hose attached to the default mouthpiece. I haven't had the opportunity to inhale any DMT out of it, but it looks very promising!

Best wishes to you all.