We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hiya! Options

Coloradobluesguy
#1 Posted : 3/21/2021 4:38:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey all I’m Colin I’m 32 from the Denver area and am searching for some closure and possibly a “greater understanding” all my life I’ve been chronically ill I was born with a brain tumor and some how survived ever since my life has been a huge set of ups and downs with things that should have killed me. Recently I found out tumors have spread to places that are going to leave me dust in the wind. Before this happens I made some friends who pointed me to this forum. I’m not really sure what kind of answers I’m seeking but I know I need to find peace in what’s happening to my body. I really hope I can learn from everyone here and maybe bring something new to the table.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Seeingisbelieving
#2 Posted : 3/21/2021 4:52:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey man I just commented on your other post without reading this. Your brain tumor might have something to do with you not getting any effects. There are studies indicating that the temporal lobe is responsible for many effects experienced after ingesting psychedelics. I am so sorry to hear of your condition and I just want you to know there are greater things in life than the psychedelic experience. If you have loved ones I would use your remaining time loving and cherishing every moment you are allowed with them.

Coloradobluesguy
#3 Posted : 3/21/2021 5:05:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Seeingisbelieving wrote:
Hey man I just commented on your other post without reading this. Your brain tumor might have something to do with you not getting any effects. There are studies indicating that the temporal lobe is responsible for many effects experienced after ingesting psychedelics. I am so sorry to hear of your condition and I just want you to know there are greater things in life than the psychedelic experience. If you have loved ones I would use your remaining time loving and cherishing every moment you are allowed with them.

For sure, I’m thinking the tumor also has a lot to do with it. I just kind of hoped I would be able to better come to terms with what’s happening you know?

Seeingisbelieving
#4 Posted : 3/21/2021 6:51:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You're from denver you say? My sister lives in the boulder area. If you eat enough cannabis edibles you will experience a very intense(very pleasurable) psychedelic experience but I'm sure you're already aware. Smile

I do not know man. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. How does it feel to know that your end is near? Are you afraid? What do you think would help you come to terms with your fate? What are you searching for regarding DMT? The DMT experience has been the most intense of all of my experiences I have ever had and truly do wish you could experience it. I'm sure you know the rules about mixing medications with MAOIS. YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO IT and doing so could lead to an even earlier death.
If it is god you are searching for, I will be honest I have been using psychedelics for a long time and still have not found god.

Vulthuryol
#5 Posted : 3/21/2021 12:15:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Very sorry to hear about your situation!

I understand wanting to explore psychedelics to find some peace about death. If you are going to pursue this path I highly recommend you find some assistance in your endeavors. There are some great people in Colorado who can help. Please contact MAPS and perhaps they can point you in the right direction. Ram Dass worked with end of life patients and has some valuable insights into death. I highly recommend you check him out if you have not already.

It would be irresponsible for me personally to give advice as there are far too many variables considering your brain tumors. I highly recommend seeking out help from professionals that can assist in making peace with death and do it in a way that creates peace within. You can go through this with dignity and comfort and love!

Things to keep in mind.... I don't feel DMT would offer the best experience for what you are currently going through. Psilocybin mushrooms would be the first place I would look. Take a look at the article listed below from MAPS, I feel it explains things much better than I ever could on a forum.
https://maps.org/news/mu...help-patients-face-death

Surround yourself with people who you care about most. Find the support you need to make peace with death. If you pursue psychedelics, please do so with care. The visions that we have on psychedelics can be scary and certainly could be intensified when going through something as serious as brain tumors. There are people out there that can help! If you do not feel up to the research, please respond to this post and I will do my best to gather as much information for you as possible and share that information with you.

You can find peace with psychedelics, this is true, but it needs to be approached in a therapeutic way enable to provide peace and not more problems on your plate. I just don't want to sound like I am sloughing you off or talking you out of going this route, just please do it in a way that feels good for you. In the mean time, please try and stay positive! You can find peace in death even without using psychedelics.

This is a good time for everyone to think about their own death. I think it's important to look at death in the face from time to time, acknowledge it is coming, and then lead the best lives that we can enable to die the best we can. I have often thought about my death and it points me towards the right way to live for me. Hard topic but it doesn't have to be full of sadness and pain. It can be approached in a loving way!!

Thank you for deciding to reach out on this forum! Please now reach out to those you care about most and those with the experience to aid you in the best way possible for your unique needs. I am more than happy to help in any way that I can within this medium.

Big hugs and love your way!! Love

Coloradobluesguy
#6 Posted : 3/21/2021 1:54:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Seeingisbelieving wrote:

You're from denver you say? My sister lives in the boulder area. If you eat enough cannabis edibles you will experience a very intense(very pleasurable) psychedelic experience but I'm sure you're already aware. Smile

I do not know man. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. How does it feel to know that your end is near? Are you afraid? What do you think would help you come to terms with your fate? What are you searching for regarding DMT? The DMT experience has been the most intense of all of my experiences I have ever had and truly do wish you could experience it. I'm sure you know the rules about mixing medications with MAOIS. YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO IT and doing so could lead to an even earlier death.
If it is god you are searching for, I will be honest I have been using psychedelics for a long time and still have not found god.

Edibles don’t work unfortunately I lost my intestines to cancer in 2008 so I don’t absorb the cannabis it really sucks! as for how I’m feeling I’m strangely cool with everything that’s happening, when the tumors went to my eyes it really rocked my world, more so then any of the stuff I’ve been through in the past. a former co worker told me about DMT and I took a dive into researching it. Apparently there has been research that says Ayahuasca could be beneficial in cancer treatment.

Coloradobluesguy
#7 Posted : 3/21/2021 1:55:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Vulthuryol wrote:
Very sorry to hear about your situation!

I understand wanting to explore psychedelics to find some peace about death. If you are going to pursue this path I highly recommend you find some assistance in your endeavors. There are some great people in Colorado who can help. Please contact MAPS and perhaps they can point you in the right direction. Ram Dass worked with end of life patients and has some valuable insights into death. I highly recommend you check him out if you have not already.

It would be irresponsible for me personally to give advice as there are far too many variables considering your brain tumors. I highly recommend seeking out help from professionals that can assist in making peace with death and do it in a way that creates peace within. You can go through this with dignity and comfort and love!

Things to keep in mind.... I don't feel DMT would offer the best experience for what you are currently going through. Psilocybin mushrooms would be the first place I would look. Take a look at the article listed below from MAPS, I feel it explains things much better than I ever could on a forum.
https://maps.org/news/mu...help-patients-face-death

Surround yourself with people who you care about most. Find the support you need to make peace with death. If you pursue psychedelics, please do so with care. The visions that we have on psychedelics can be scary and certainly could be intensified when going through something as serious as brain tumors. There are people out there that can help! If you do not feel up to the research, please respond to this post and I will do my best to gather as much information for you as possible and share that information with you.

You can find peace with psychedelics, this is true, but it needs to be approached in a therapeutic way enable to provide peace and not more problems on your plate. I just don't want to sound like I am sloughing you off or talking you out of going this route, just please do it in a way that feels good for you. In the mean time, please try and stay positive! You can find peace in death even without using psychedelics.

This is a good time for everyone to think about their own death. I think it's important to look at death in the face from time to time, acknowledge it is coming, and then lead the best lives that we can enable to die the best we can. I have often thought about my death and it points me towards the right way to live for me. Hard topic but it doesn't have to be full of sadness and pain. It can be approached in a loving way!!

Thank you for deciding to reach out on this forum! Please now reach out to those you care about most and those with the experience to aid you in the best way possible for your unique needs. I am more than happy to help in any way that I can within this medium.

Big hugs and love your way!! Love

You rock thanks for the info and the words of encouragement

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 3/22/2021 6:16:08 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Coloradobluesguy wrote:
Apparently there has been research that says Ayahuasca could be beneficial in cancer treatment.
Here are two threads of essential reading to start with:
[Harmalas] MAOI Drug Interaction Disclaimer
Scientific Articles on DMT/Ayahuasca/Psychedelics

Peace.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 3/23/2021 5:30:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Sending love your wayLove

If for some reason DMT is never active for you, there may be other options for you as well.

There have been a handful of studies revolving around the use of psilocybin for patients near death to help them cope with the inclement depression and anxiety that can come with such an experience.

There are also studies with ketamine for depression and anxiety as well.

Perhaps you could find some sources near you that provide services particular to these molecules.

I truly hope that no matter what happens, you are able to find some peace of mind and spirit. I can only imagine your struggle and I'm sure my imagining doesn't even cover the tip of the iceberg for what your experience is. I wish you the very best and hope you find what you're looking for.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Bisy
#10 Posted : 3/25/2021 12:10:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wanna comment here so badly, ive just had the craziest, most intense, most profound experience, and I wish I could be certain enough about it that it were appropriate to offer as factual and applicable to your life, and/or death. You can follow my posts, and ask questions if you want, but I dont feel right making suggestions based upon my experience.

I will say that I am so grateful for dnt. Especially during this experience.
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.

Voidmatrix
#11 Posted : 3/25/2021 12:19:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

During this week you and your situation have been on my heart.

https://medicinalmindfulness.org/

Check this group out. It's out of Boulder, not too far from Denver. They focus on holistic therapies and psychedelic therapies including cannabis assisted and ketamine assisted therapies.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽