We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Countering Amnesia Options

RowRowRowYourBoat
#1 Posted : 3/14/2021 1:12:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know that amnesia is associated with DMT, Terrence McKenna himself referenced the difficulty of recalling parts of a trip by saying, "There is a self-erasing mechanism in it. I have the feeling that you find out something there that is so contra-intuitive that you literally cannot think of it sitting here. So as you go from there to here, there comes a moment where it slips below the surface of rational apprehensibility."

Whenever people talk about the strength of trips I have heard some say that what is above a breakthrough is amnesia, but I have found that I sometimes have trouble recalling even what I know was a mild experience, or that I sometime only remember the last thing from a trip, that there is kind of a rolling amnesia what whenever I am at any one part of the experience I can not put it into context of what came before. Other times I have come out of the peak of a trip and even as I am actively recalling what happened it slowly slips from my mind no matter how hard I think about it.

Some of the advice I have seen around for recall besides making sure you aren't doing too high of a dose include:
Setting intentions to recall and bring something back from your trip.
Writing down as much you can as soon as the trip is over.
Utilizing harmalas.
Avoiding concomitant use of marijuana.
Remember something from a previous trip while in a similar state of mind during a subsequent trip

I was wondering what everyone does and what they found effective. Is amnesia something that persists as one becomes more experienced or is it more common for beginners?
I have a history with practicing lucid dreaming and a big part of increasing dream recall is keeping a dream journal, as one thinks more about their dreams and continually tries to recall them its like your mind decides to start storing them better so that you remember future ones much more easily, is keeping a trip journal as highly effective or is it kind of like some people suggest where we have such little context in our normal lives to relate to DMT experiences that some things can not be taken back with you no matter how hard you try?
Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Why you should NOT take DMT

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 3/14/2021 6:02:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When you start experimenting you are usually overwhelmed. It's like being a child and travelling to a foreign country for the first time.

Once you get more familiar with the world you can focus better on a single aspect of the trip and remember it.

If I have an overwhelming experience I try to pick one thing I want to remember and write that down and reflect it.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand