We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Phalaris appreciation thread! Options

titus
#1 Posted : 3/6/2021 2:32:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been growing phalaris brachystachys from seed recently, and the older seedlings have just begun to become established. The speed at which these things grow is incredible, and to top it off they're gorgeous! Certainly my favorite plant yet; I've grown phalaris aquatica as well, but that species never seemed as special to me as brachystachys Smile
titus attached the following image(s):
IMG_1110.JPG (2,738kb) downloaded 161 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MachienDome
#2 Posted : 8/14/2021 8:01:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Any updates?
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

ShamanisticVibes
#3 Posted : 8/14/2021 8:23:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How did you germinate? I have had several failed attempts to get my phalaris seeds to germinate....
May we continue to be blessed

Sakkadelic
#4 Posted : 8/15/2021 4:01:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamanisticVibes wrote:
How did you germinate? I have had several failed attempts to get my phalaris seeds to germinate....

I sprinkled 1g of wild seeds on top of a mix of roughly 40% universal potting soil, 40% sand and 20% clay rich soil from outside. No real reason behind the mix. I lightly covered and pressed the seeds with a bit of soil and watered gently but generously to minimize the movement of seeds. They germinated within a week.
Here's how they look like now after 2 harvests, they look a bit sad bcz i forgot the window open on a windy day.
I only got 29g total fresh grass from 2 harvests so my hope of collecting 1kg in a year quickly faded :b
Sakkadelic attached the following image(s):
20210815_164325.jpg (1,470kb) downloaded 119 time(s).
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

dithyramb
#5 Posted : 8/15/2021 5:16:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

On my first year I harvested perhaps 100g. On my second year I harvested close to half a kg. There is an exponential seed gain each year. I can imagine that in a few years time I can cultivate am entire field if I want.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

MachienDome
#6 Posted : 8/17/2021 10:29:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice! Thanks for the update! Thumbs up

Do you know the rough DMT percentage for 100g of harvested grass? I'm wondering how it compares to MHRB....I don't remember seeing any data on it from what I've read. Just curious.

@ShamanisticVibes: Be careful where you buy seeds, theres plenty of internet shops that will knowingly sell crap seeds for any variety of plants out there...or dont know/dont care how to properly harvest/store/keep seeds. We've all bought some bunk seeds before. Sad
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

dithyramb
#7 Posted : 8/20/2021 10:28:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MachienDome, I don't know the percentage; all I can say is that it is very rare for another plant to have comparable amounts of DMT to M. tenuiflora, and brachystachys's potency seems in the range of satisfying to very strong from all the reports.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo