We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Power resin / drytekking resin Options

Infundibulum
#21 Posted : 1/22/2010 12:13:53 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

yeah, phlux, your posts still sound pretty cryptic. Can you not explain in a bit more detail the procedure? It doesn't help otherwise!

From your first post I understand that you dissolved the resin in hcl water, then filtered out what didn't dissolve thus you removed some impurities). You then evaporated it down to dryness and washed with acetone, thus removing even more impurities. Then it gets cryptic;

Quote:
drytekking that resulted in the most beautifull mesc hcl iv seen in a while.

so after the acetone wash you mixed the resulting washing with calcium hydroxide and pulled with limonene??? what the term drytekking here means? and on top of that, you later throw out an extra mek re-x!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Phlux-
#22 Posted : 1/22/2010 1:16:38 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

yeah thats basically it inf - pull with dlimo - salt with hcl, then i did the mek mescaline recrystalization tek on it

this tek basically - http://forums.mycotopia....cl-attempt-w-photos.html
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Bancopuma
#23 Posted : 1/22/2010 1:32:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ohh ok, by resin I assumed you were refering to resin from House's simple cactus simmer and evap resin tek...wasn't aware there was a limonene step involved...is it completely necessary? Am trying to avoid using limonene for cactus, as its expensive where I live...instead am saving it for a future spice extraction.

Crystalito
#24 Posted : 1/22/2010 5:43:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ah well, thats the thing! The procedure above is amazing and who could benefit is one that plans a big extraction and plans on using non-polars.This cleaned up resin sounds rather convenient for further extracting.

As Bancopuma, my aim is to avoid the non-polar and the bases altogether. Personally i would say that "what is necessary depends on where you want to arrive", for example i would have stopped at the "wash HCl resin with acetone" stage, propably do it thrice or throw in an IPA 99% washing stage.Well, i would not expect clear crystals dropping out of solution, but even if this leads to a 2X-3X more potent by weight resin ,then i think the amount could be workable and a single nice dose fit in a capsule.So in my case i would say that limonen would not be necessary

I urge others to try it and experiment more on it. Who knows,maybe after some acetone and ipa washes the resin becomes very convenient for dosing, for those that are not after crystal clear alkaloids of course!

antichode
#25 Posted : 1/22/2010 10:31:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Crystalito wrote:

As Bancopuma, my aim is to avoid the non-polar and the bases altogether. Personally i would say that "what is necessary depends on where you want to arrive", for example i would have stopped at the "wash HCl resin with acetone" stage, propably do it thrice or throw in an IPA 99% washing stage.Well, i would not expect clear crystals dropping out of solution, but even if this leads to a 2X-3X more potent by weight resin ,then i think the amount could be workable and a single nice dose fit in a capsule.So in my case i would say that limonen would not be necessary

SWIM has tried what you just described and its not as easy as it seems. Once you've dissolved the resin in hcl and evapped that your left with rubbery hcl resin that acetone just will not dissolve. Albeit SWIM didnt filter the dissolved hcl, so maybe that would help a lot, but SWIM doubts it does that much. The real trick is in the basing then extracting again

The resin as it is, is a perfectly fine material to dose. One takes enough to notice threshold effects that are similar to 100mg of pure mescaline, and from there you roughly know how much to take. OR if you are familiar with your plants make up then you can estimate how many caps are needed by dividing them up against your % yield. this is what SWIM did and his caps proved to be exactly as he had estimated.

If your looking for a pure outcome that will fit in a single capsule then bases and solvents need to be used, there's really no way around this. It seems to SWIM that your trying to over complicate the resin tek, there's just no need to have a more concentrated resin, its plenty concentrated as is. Have you tried the resin tek by any chance?.

Go for hcl or acetate if you want a pure product.

Crystalito
#26 Posted : 1/22/2010 11:53:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm its not complicating the resin tek at all, people will always be able to leave out their cactus tea to evaporate to resin Smile No "Grand Rule" passed that they will have to do an acetone step. After all,i think multiple paths can be tried to see if progress can be made in alternative ways.To tell you the truth ultimately there is no need for an acid/base polar/non polar extraction of any kind , not even a need for resin! Just boil yer plant and drink up! -But still they surfaced, because some people were looking also for alternate ways-

Also, how did you try dissolving the resin in acetone? Check previous page where i have proposed a method.Propably the resin will not dissolve if you simply add some acetone and swirl around.

More or less we are trying to find a way around it if it exists Smile.

PREV12