We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Need help with dmt ectraction. yield was horrible. Options

saladmuscles
#1 Posted : 2/28/2021 1:42:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. New ph digital meter is not working so I used litmus paper (only have the blue, which tests acids). First off I put about 103 grams of shredded root bark from the Acacia Confusa tree in a blender and blended until it was fine powder and small pieces. Then I put that into a pot, added roughly 360-370ml distilled water, added roughly 40-50ml of 5% acidic distilled white vinegar. Stirred and put on a low simmer for roughly 1hr and 30mins with continuous stirring. Then using a funnel with cheesecloth I put the liquid into another pot. I did this 4 times total using new h20 and vinegar but the same plant matter. After the 4 rounds I took the second pot and boiled it until reaching about 220-250ml of liquid. Put that into a mason jar and while still hot I added about 75ml of solvent. The solvent I used was 99% hexane. After I swirled it around, I let it separate. I did this 3 times then I waited for it to fully separate. The liquid looked clear which was odd to me because this is the defat step and I thought the solvent would have some tint. Anyways I pulled that out with a pipette and its currently evaporating (wanted to see if I actually pulled any fats). Next, I added about 23g of rooto brand 100% crystal lye (NaOH) to basify the solution, stirred and let sit for around 30 or so minutes. While the solution was still warm I added about 75ml of solvent, did the swirling and waiting again, and pulled with pipette into wide mouth mason jar. The liquid was cloudy and it sat in the freezer on lowest temp for about 16 hours. I took it out and dumped into another jar with a coffee filter. Put that into a freezer so it wont warm up. Nothing was on the coffee filter. I let the solvent evaporate on the first jar then I scraped out the crystals, some was gooey ish and a little yellow but when scraping the goo mixed with the crystals. Also, some fats were in the jar because the dmt was sticking to the bottom. The yield was 120mg. This feels wrong.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Spiralout
#2 Posted : 2/28/2021 3:32:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First of all the goo is usable material. Secondly, the range of potency of plant material is quite wide and can vary quite dramatically.

Without pictures etc it's difficult to gauge is you may have done something not as well as you could have. I would think the plant material may not have been adequately pulverized. A couple freeze/thaws on the plant material, before doing the acidic simmer, seems to be useful to me.

Since you did yield material I would assume that there is either some inefficiency in your process, which you will need to identify and troubleshoot on your own, or that your plant material is not very potent (or both).

Seeingisbelieving
#3 Posted : 2/28/2021 5:27:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FYI I dont do the defat step on my material and I usually yield +1% straight to base. Saves time and vinegar.
Something that is not stressed enough in the teks is that you need to evaporate a large volume of solvent before you stick it in the freezer. You want the solvent to be oversaturated with molecules. Try to collect 3 pulls together, then evaporate to half volume and then freeze precipitate. Adding more lye to ensure a high enough ph might do you some good between pulls. Evaporate the solvent on the final pull and use the yellow oil returns for changa. It works great.

M0K0
#4 Posted : 3/1/2021 11:50:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Like mentioned above the saturation of your liquids is pretty important for crystallisation but;
Not just the saturation of your solvent but also the saturation of your base-DMT mixture from wich you pull your freebase from.
SWIM always does two cooks with the same plant material with just enaugh ph2 liquid that it covers your material, and SWIM lets it cook for 2-3 hours.
This way SWIM makes sure that the solution he does the pulls from is highly saturated, if thats not the case you cant hope for a saturated pull.
SWIM never had to evaporate anything before the second pull so probably try to keep things more concentrated so you dont have to boil or evaporate anything.
How to get concentration:
1) Use high quality extration-material
2) use just enough acid that its covers your material (ph 2-4 + heat)
3) your base has to be over ph 12 for your pulls and the amount of solvent(Petrolether) is 1/4 of the basified acid-dmt mixture (keep it warm while you pull).
4) at minimum temperatures in the freezer this should get you some nice sparkle even after 12 hours.
If you smoke it right, you can't hold a pipe.

Violet Quark
#5 Posted : 3/10/2021 7:00:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Try doing it exactly like this TEK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZVXVPBnBhk
I got 1.7g of very clean spice with absolutely no need to re-ex from 100g of MHRB.
VQ