We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Anyone Knowledgable On John c Lily and His Work? Options

Ramma
#1 Posted : 2/27/2021 4:57:01 AM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

any stories or ideas to share?

Behold, a sower went out to sow

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Seeingisbelieving
#2 Posted : 2/27/2021 5:39:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read center of the cyclone and have "programming and metaprogramming the human biocomputer" next on my list. I was always obsessed with whales and dolphins as a child, Orcas specifically. I have never seen whales or dolphin in their natural habitat but I was exposed to Sea World as a child. I still remember how sad it was to see an animal that migrates 40 miles everyday, stationary in a tank no bigger than my city swimming pool. I've only swam with dolphins one time on the Cayman Islands and you can seriously feel the anxiety coming off of them. They were held in 10 by 10 pools alone. They would jump up and down constantly without being able to swim forward or back.

I haven't tripped with dolphins or cetaceans but I have dosed Ketamine with my cat, Lou.
He didn't communicate with me other than a swift vicious bite to my hand because I was petting him a bit heavy handed.

I applaud John's work and I wish I would have pursued my dream to become a marine biologist to help the cetaceans and dolphins but for now I am content with saving money for a trip to BC to see the southern residents.

Ramma
#3 Posted : 2/27/2021 5:49:18 AM

yeah you can feel the anxiety all the way back in the parking lot. Best wishes.

John C Lily was having visions by the age of 12.

Ramma
#4 Posted : 2/27/2021 6:18:03 AM

☆☆☆☆☆

Mitakuye Oyasin
#5 Posted : 2/27/2021 8:17:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Was lucky enough to meet the man a few times in my youth. Owned a float tank back then as well. Have several signed books.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Ramma
#6 Posted : 2/27/2021 12:58:59 PM

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Was lucky enough to meet the man a few times in my youth. Owned a float tank back then as well. Have several signed books.

way cool!

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 2/27/2021 8:57:31 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

wrote:
I've read center of the cyclone and have "programming and metaprogramming the human biocomputer" next on my list.
I've had "programming and metaprogramming..." on my 'to read' list for such a long time too, after reading "center of the cyclone". "The scientist - a metaphysical autobiography" is also an interesting read. Quite the interesting guy and lucky (well-heeled/well connected) enough to get away with his prolonged ketamine binge in the name of science too!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Mitakuye Oyasin
#8 Posted : 2/27/2021 9:47:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

His books are great and I think that is the way he communicated best, through his written and edited words. He was a quiet soft spoken man, but his writings were a refined version of his thoughts, concepts and experiments. If you are interested in John and his work find as many of his books as possible and read them.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Ramma
#9 Posted : 2/27/2021 9:48:23 PM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quite the interesting guy and lucky (well-heeled/well connected) enough to get away with his prolonged ketamine binge in the name of science too!

The Earth Coincidence Control Office certainly had a part in that

Mitakuye Oyasin
#10 Posted : 2/27/2021 10:57:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure if anyone before or since Lilly has mapped Ketamine space. It sounds like some of his friends intervened at some point as he was wasting away in the tank with Ketamine self experimentation. Needle marks on his arms and such. But if one can effectively map the psychoactive 'space' of something like Ketamine, then surely it can be done for other substances.
— Terence McKenna

Ramma
#11 Posted : 2/27/2021 11:30:41 PM

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone before or since Lilly has mapped Ketamine space. It sounds like some of his friends intervened at some point as he was wasting away in the tank with Ketamine self experimentation. Needle marks on his arms and such. But if one can effectively map the psychoactive 'space' of something like Ketamine, then surely it can be done for other substances.

I have to read more of his work. Do you by any chance know the map? As I understand it he had found 4 levels. And, are these purley ketamine spaces in his frame work? Because he was doing LSD in the float tank when he started building his framework. And did he ever do DMT, Ayahuasca? And did he ever meet T Mckenna?

Mitakuye Oyasin
#12 Posted : 2/28/2021 12:15:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the book "The Scientist" goes into K space and his seduction by K. Might have a map or chart in that book. I do not think Lilly ever did DMT, or if he did I never heard about it. Don't remember if TMK and Lilly ever met, but I asked Terence about Lilly once and he did know of him and his work and found it fascinating. I think they shared the same belief that in order to be a good scientist you must self experiment with the substances you are investigating. Shulgin had this same belief as did many others.
— Terence McKenna

Ramma
#13 Posted : 2/28/2021 2:44:17 AM

we certainly share that with them; experimenting on ourselves with the substances we investigate.

btw, any stories about meeting mckenna, oyasin?

If anyone has John c Lily pdfs or anything, please cash em in here. Id be glad to read them and record myself so as to expand and share the knowledge.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#14 Posted : 2/28/2021 3:16:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Terence was a great guy. Also sort of quiet and soft spoken... until you asked him questions and he turned into a human history book or encyclopedia of obscure knowledge. I and everyone around me were always fascinated at the breadth and depth of knowledge that TMK not only had but could access at a moments notice. He had an odd speaking cadence, which sort of drew people in to listen to him deeper and rooms went quiet around him when he spoke. People instinctively knew they were listening to someone with far greater knowledge of the world around them when he spoke. Was he always correct? No, and he would admit that. He was always on a quest for more info, more data, more experiences so that he could create theories around them. In the early days there were only white papers and shared recordings on cassette tapes of TMK. This was before he published his first book. Long before the internet really took off.
I still have autographed copies of 'Food of the Gods' and 'The Archaic Revival' on my bookshelf along with some Lilly books.

Terence was always cordial to everyone around him and tried to answer as many questions as possible. His wife Kat was beautiful and friendly and a talented artist. She always seemed out of his league to me (IMHO) and his intelligence was a the factor that she was most attracted to about him. Terence would often refer to his brother Dennis as the smart one. I met Dennis once or twice to hear him speak on various topics, but never hung out with him like Terence.

There is a recording floating around the Nexus, or at least a link to it, of TMK speaking at Esalen Institute in Big Sur around 1990 or 1992. I was at that event and it was mind blowing. He spoke for 2 solid days on everything imaginable and fielded questions as well. Quite an amazing experience.

There was a woman (named Faustin I think) that ran an audio taping and duplication business names Sound Photosynthesis that did a lot of recordings of John Lilly and some of TMK. You might want to search some of those recordings out. Good luck on your journeys.

— Terence McKenna

Seeingisbelieving
#15 Posted : 2/28/2021 3:20:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ramma
#16 Posted : 2/28/2021 7:51:49 AM

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Was he always correct? No, and he would admit that.

Only thing I ever saw him wrong on was his feminist ideas (male dominator society) and the egoism and goofyness in much of the timewave theory, but considering the amount of recorded hours and written words, thats an astounding track records. Mckenna was very gifted. And he impacted my life so much. I have a warm place in my heart for his voice going on about the subjects that only he spoke about and which are so special to us psychonauts...

Ramma
#17 Posted : 2/28/2021 7:53:35 AM

Thanks!🤓📚

Ramma
#18 Posted : 3/3/2021 5:51:17 AM

Read the Scientist in 2 days. It was really good. The man put his heart into it. Theres a lot of knowledge there...but gosh, why did he call the Creator of hyperspace The Starmaker? It kills me with curiosity to know why he chose that name besides it just sounding so cool! And I'd really love to go in depth into more of the stuff he says.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#19 Posted : 3/4/2021 7:43:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Seeingisbelieving thanks for the video links. Brings back some good memories. Might have to re read some Lilly and TMK books soon.
— Terence McKenna

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 3/5/2021 1:51:01 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It's great finally to get to read "Programming and metaprogramming...", so thanks indeed.

John C. Lilly wrote:
book number five (Simulations of God: A Science of Belief)

Anyone got this one?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

12NEXT