We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Attempt at growing syrian rue Options

Cognitive Heart
#21 Posted : 2/26/2021 11:46:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Cognitive Heart wrote:
until they start vegetating
The exact meaning here is unclear to me. Does this refer to the point where they get past the first pair of leaves and stop looking like a newly sprouted seedling? Or is it a bit further on than that?

Yes, I should be more clear. I was referring to the point where you are past the seedling stage but haven't flowered yet.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ijahdan
#22 Posted : 2/28/2021 9:48:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
ijahdan wrote:
my acacia acuminata have done ok outdoors, about 2 feet high after 3 years...

Are you growing the narrow leaf variety? I believe I've read they're more desirable (more DMT and cleaner), but like dry and hot climates.

Yeah they were the narrow leaf variety. Only two out of many seedlings survived outdoors for about three years, and they were quite big and healthy by the end of last summer. Unfortunately, a prolonged wet spell this winter, followed by a week of arctic winds, finally killed them. Im hoping for a miraculous recovery this spring, but they look completely lifeless. Very sad. Dont think Ill bother trying outdoor rue now. Will try a brew of the dead acuminata leaves and stems though, just in case.

titus
#23 Posted : 3/1/2021 1:18:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yesterday I sowed another 24 seeds, using soil that was around maybe 80-90% sand, the rest being a mix of garden soil, coco coir and sand that was lying around unused, plus some chunks of charcoal. Considering its the beginning of autumn, I'm really pushing it, but I hope that there will be enough heat in the next 2 months that at least a few seedlings will reach maturity and hang on until next spring. Hopefully the increased drainage will let the future seedlings breathe a bit easier and stop them going the way of my first batch of rue during the winter Thumbs up

PREV12