We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
This dimension itself is sentient! (A hypothesis) Options

trncefigurate_aomn
#1 Posted : 2/18/2021 11:05:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Earlier today i became curious about this hypothesis and in running basic searches for exact phrases such as "dimension itself is sentient" or "dimension is sentient" (as well as to my surprise "dimension is conscious" and "dimension is intelligent" ) "Pleased i did not find any results for philosophical or scientific writings with those simple phrases.
Most of the results were from fictional works and environments for role-playing!

For now, i prefer the phrasing that this dimension is sentient! "conscious" implies something that may be too limited for an entire dimension (which can also be thought of as the combined set of all actual dimensions, a friend from another board said many years ago!) "intelligent" can seem to reference pseudoscience which, this hypothesis is made with the attempt to be the opposite of pseudoscientific.

That is to say: if this dimension is sentient, then persons from every scientific and scientifically-informed discipline, and all people who do learn from scientific inquiry, would benefit from knowing of this!

What comes to mind first for me is all of the examples that materials of this dimension have been capable of self-assembly into not just a few but nearly uncountable multifunctional, interrelated, wildly specialized and uniquely fluent presences. This correlates with the key concept (if not the equivalent of a thermodynamic law?) within quantum physics of an extant observing and, essentially, organizing capacity within perceivable dimensions.

What i am not postulating is that this dimension anthropically shapes all of these features by hand or directly guides the developments here, but rather that its sentience somehow has the exact causal properties required for a fully self-assembling dimension to have occurred!

This seemed to be one of the areas in which Terence, among others, was working and I don't think i've gotten any farther than them, but i had never thought of these specific words in sequence before and according to the search attempts, neither has he or any other similar students of life in reference to our actual dimension!

It seems well within the realm of possibility that a dimension itself, such as this one, can be sentient specifically when considering the raw materials (even just the ones we can comprehend) it has access to for the origins of its sentience, that is, the entire dimension!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Exitwound
#2 Posted : 2/19/2021 5:55:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Even if you didn't find exact same phrases, I think this is pretty much groundwork of any spiritual/mystic/religious tradition Smile
That all perceivable by us, is pretty much God's dream/created by God's will/cosmic mind.

I find Hermetic Principles as very elegant framework for understanding the material universe around us and its hyperspatial counterpart.
First principle states: "The All is Mind; the Universe is Mental."
You can call it "simulation", "God's mind", "conscious dimension" - it really is all the same, I think.

trncefigurate_aomn
#3 Posted : 2/19/2021 5:51:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes Smile Big grin I'm excited that with these words though it can be brought into the scientific domain!

There is a kind of cognitive dissonance that can occur even for people who are very confident about the actual depth of awareness that permeates all existence!!
With so many people we can meet who think that it couldn't possibly be even close to being true, we can be affected by it, feeling as though we can't act on what we have learned! it is similar to writer's block!

Ramma
#4 Posted : 2/20/2021 6:17:17 AM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

trncefigurate_aomn wrote:
Yes Smile Big grin I'm excited that with these words though it can be brought into the scientific domain!

There is a kind of cognitive dissonance that can occur even for people who are very confident about the actual depth of awareness that permeates all existence!!
With so many people we can meet who think that it couldn't possibly be even close to being true, we can be affected by it, feeling as though we can't act on what we have learned! it is similar to writer's block!

What's called 'mind,' 'intellect,' or 'consciousness,' the uninstructed run-of-the-mill person is unable to grow disenchanted with it, unable to grow dispassionate toward it, unable to gain release from it. Why is that? For a long time this has been relished, appropriated, and grasped by the uninstructed run-of-the-mill person as, 'This is me, this is my self, this is what I am.' Thus the uninstructed run-of-the-mill person is unable to grow disenchanted with it, unable to grow dispassionate toward it, unable to gain release from it.

It would be better for the uninstructed run-of-the-mill person to hold to the body composed of the four great elements, rather than the mind, as the self. Why is that? Because this body composed of the four great elements is seen standing for a year, two years, three, four, five, ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty, a hundred years or more. But what's called 'mind,' 'intellect,' or 'consciousness' by day and by night arises as one thing and ceases as another. Just as a monkey, swinging through a forest wilderness, grabs a branch. Letting go of it, it grabs another branch. Letting go of that, it grabs another one. Letting go of that, it grabs another one. In the same way, what's called 'mind,' 'intellect,' or 'consciousness' by day and by night arises as one thing and ceases as another.
Behold, a sower went out to sow

trncefigurate_aomn
#5 Posted : 2/21/2021 2:08:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes!! However the sentience of a dimensional universe~omniverse would be set up, i do feel there could be a profound resemblance to how people describe the experiences of learning non-attachment.

There would also likely be clear parallels with Pratītyasamutpāda and wu~wei!!

~~

Additionally your inspiration has brought me to contemplate the context of funnels.

The opposite of a funnel could be said to be Nibbana.

And, also there is how a funnel doesn't actually have an inside but it does have features that give the appearance of being inside depending on perspective.

Cravings and graspings as a set of phenomena are like funnels, and our returning to them is based on the sense that the funnel has an interior, when other parts of us have noticed and know that a funnel, by nature, consists of two entryways!

Ramma
#6 Posted : 2/25/2021 7:27:59 AM

wow, thats deep and has many layers to it. what an amazing thing you have laid out. Indeed, craving and grasping are like funnels. It is also like chattering teeth. The world is based on funnels, on pipes and tubes, which connect things together through time and space. Hence, the stock of a plant, a penis, veins, rivers (which lead to the ocean). In fact, beings come into being through a funnel (the vagina.) This blueprint repeats in all the world, just like circles do, as we see in planets, atoms, eyes, etc.

TheAwakening
#7 Posted : 2/26/2021 8:17:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like you just found animism. I feel that this is how humans are naturally wired but it gets trained out of us as children.

Ramma
#8 Posted : 2/26/2021 8:58:43 AM

TheAwakening wrote:
Sounds like you just found animism. I feel that this is how humans are naturally wired but it gets trained out of us as children.

animism. The belief in a supernatural power that organizes and animates the material universe.

Indeed, this is the case.

Gotama--The Eye, The Knower of Many Worlds--called this; phenomena. He spoke of many phenomena, many dhammas. But the dhamma expounded by the Awakened One, the phenomena he spoke of--meaning achieving Nibanna through the cessation of all dhammas--was the true dhamma. Its an interesting form of language in contrast to the term animism, which hasnt enjoyed the same use and verbage. In the dhamma expounded by the Buddha as I understand it, animism is created by the mind. The mind precedes all phenomena. The world is ruled by gods, but no god is a creator god, the whole thing started just because...because of dependant arising.