We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ethanol tincture/liquid? Options

Sandgrease
#1 Posted : 2/19/2021 4:00:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible to take say 20 grams of cactus, soak in ethanol, strain and then evaporate to a shot or 2? Or does it tend to get real syrupy and thick around the 3 to 4 oz ramge? Thinking of like a hybrid between tea and resin tek..

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 2/19/2021 1:47:41 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

It gets pretty thick. Depends on if you have an iron stomach or not I guess.

But you can evaporate the ethanol, and dissolve the resin back into water, filter one more time and drink that. The resin is very soluble in water. It tastes horrible before concentrating it down, so I can’t imagine drinking it concentrated. The resin balls can be popped like a pill no problem tho.

Also, I believe 20 grams will be a pretty mild experience. I had a very manageable but fun trip on 50 grams. I believe that is the average jumping off point.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Sandgrease
#3 Posted : 2/19/2021 4:30:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm incredibly sensitive to psychedelics. Like 2 grams of some average Psilocybin gives me open eyed visuals and 3d close eyed visuals, and a mere 120 mg of MDMA has me seeing close eyed visuals for instance.

So I usually go for what most people consider low doses. And I'm assuming a liquid solution of alkaloids may come on faster than popping a resin ball.

Metta-Morpheus
#4 Posted : 2/19/2021 4:54:39 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

You know your body, so definitely go with that!

With taking it as a shot, you wanna use pretty high proof ethanol, ~80-90% or 160 to 180 proof, which is also quite a whallop of a shot to get down (fire water). But to answer the question, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work if you can stomach a burning syrupy shot of cactus goop. Just not something I would do personally. But I wish you luck, as mescaline is the bee’s knees.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers