We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Excited to learn and share Options

Olomana
#1 Posted : 2/16/2021 2:33:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi!

I'm not highly experienced with DMT, but I'm really enthusiastic about the experiences I have had with it. I love engaging with life's mysteries, and I feel that DMT has a lot to offer on that front.

My DMT journey in a (large)nutshell:
I foolishly went straight for a "breakthrough," couldn't surrender, died over and over again in a lonely and terrifying hell for what felt like eternity, blacked out, came to as a point of awareness observing the infinite swirling of reality without identity, form, thoughts, time, etc. Blacked out. Found myself in the presence of infinite love and understanding, and then was reborn back into trusty old regular reality.

I couldn't believe that the experience I just had was possible, and it left me in total awe. I had lived a relatively sheltered life. I had experience with alcohol, but hadn't even smoked weed. The beauty, love, and profundity of the trip were life changing in a positive way, but because the hellish part of the trip was so terrifying, I was too scared to try DMT again for years. Instead, I began to practice meditation and lucid dreaming as a way to begin exploring the depths of my own mind that I was now incredibly curious about.

A few years later, I worked up the courage to dabble again. Just the thought of trying DMT made my heart rate go up, but I found that by using cartridges I was able to slowly wade into the experience without totally freaking out. I worked my way up to being able to handle 10-15mg e-mesh trips without too much anxiety. Then, I tried sublingual harmalas followed by many small doses from the cartridges, and it opened up a whole new path for me on this journey.

My intent as a potential member of this community is to learn from, collaborate with, and hopefully share some useful information with others. The areas I'm particularly interested in are:
-Harmalas+DMT (doses, timing, technique, safety)
-DMT carts (hardware, mixtures, ratios, technique)
-The art of surrendering/letting go (practices, tips, advice, ideas)
-General Safety

I've used the Nexus for information many times, and its been really helpful. Thank you guys for this resource. I hope to add something helpful myself.
✌️, 🤟, & 🤙

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

slane
#2 Posted : 2/16/2021 4:39:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome!

I think meditation is a great way to practice surrendering and letting go, actually. In my opinion, the practice is less about achieving a state of no thought, and more about becoming more adept at relinquishing our thoughts as they show up--with all things, practicing it makes us better at it. Observing any thoughts that show up, and then letting them pass on as all things do. It's universally applicable to staying present and calm throughout ANY circumstance life brings us.

I'm excited for your discovery and exploration of harmalas in combination with DMT. It's a relatively new sphere of experience for me as well, and I think that it goes under-recognized as a valuable asset in becoming more comfortable with where the DMT may lead. Thank goodness for RIMAs, too Smile One note on MAOI and DMT I'll mention is that dose, timing, and technique are all things with many different opinions attached to them. I think the best way to go about it is simply to conduct your own research, maybe using recommendations others provide as a rough guide. Due to personal biology/idiosyncracy, what may be sufficient for one may not work for another. There simply isn't enough hard science dedicated to drug combinations for any one prescription to be sufficient. I don't mean to come across as discouraging, as there is a WEALTH of information on this forum. I only want to stress that our own empircism should remain the most true barometer of efficacy when it comes to substance use.

At the risk of blowing up into a cantankerous skeptic in your wonderful welcome thread, I'll be quiet now.

Cheers Smile

Olomana
#3 Posted : 2/16/2021 8:23:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First off, thank you for taking the time reply, and a kind and helpful reply at that.

I strongly agree with you about meditation being applicable to many circumstances in life as a means of staying calm and present. Even as a beginner, I've found that meditation has helped me develop mental habits that positively impact my sense of health/wellbeing, quality of relationships, and a number of other things. As someone who is constantly drawn towards/distracted by planning and thinking about the future, meditation has helped me to be better able to stay present in the moment and relinquish "control." In certain circumstances (like using DMT, and raising my small children) that has made a world of positive difference.

In regards to harmalas/MAOIs, you didn't come across as discouraging at all. Your perspective makes a lot of sense to me. It's really fun to compare notes and speculate, and that does still seem worthwhile to me, but admittedly, it's very far from hard science. I'm curious, are there particular ways that you've utilized MAOI/RIMAs that have stood out as especially rewarding/beneficial for you?

Thanks again for the reply Smile

✌️, 🤟, & 🤙

QuantumMechanician
#4 Posted : 2/17/2021 12:58:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

If you don't already know about it, I believe you will find the Tao Te Ching to be a very useful book on the matter of letting go. I personally prefer this term than surrendering as the latter implies showing vulnerability to a greater force whereas letting go implies recognising the universe has a natural course and assuming one's own natural position in it to benefit most from what the universe has to offer us. In my case, this change of perspective truly allowed me to take the best from even the worst experiences.

I wish you all the best in your journeys!

Olomana
#5 Posted : 2/18/2021 2:05:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Re: Tao Te Ching: I hear it referenced so often, I guess its about time to actually take a look at it. Thank you for the recommendation.
✌️, 🤟, & 🤙

slane
#6 Posted : 2/18/2021 5:00:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Olomana wrote:
I'm curious, are there particular ways that you've utilized MAOI/RIMAs that have stood out as especially rewarding/beneficial for you?

I'm naturally an impatient person, so when I read that rue tea can actually start working almost instantly, I had to try it (the logic is that the inhibiting effects you're looking forstart before the MAOI high begins to be noticed). When I drank rue tea prior to smoking DMT, I only waited maybe 10-15 minutes tops between the doses. And it worked exceedingly well! If I had stopped reading after the first thread or three, I would have been convinced that waiting until the MAOI is "felt" is best before dosing the tryptamine. There was one member, I think it was 69ron, I'm not sure, who brought up that in the case of ayahuasca, the MAOI and DMT are taken at the same time, in the same cup (of course!). And when I tested that on myself, I found that it certainly is just fine to do the two nearly back to back if taken separately. If/when I try pharmahuasca, I'll be keen to exercise the same strategy. There is probably a varying effects profile based on if one waits until the MAOI is at peak before dosing the DMT, however with all cases, what is better or best is going to be subjective, and all psychedelic experiences are influenced by circumstance as well as substance dose and timing. So yeah, my experience-based learning with MAOI and DMT can be summed up as such, I guess. Cool

QuantumMechanician
#7 Posted : 2/19/2021 4:01:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Olomana wrote:
Thank you for the recommendation.

Most welcome