We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Weird effects from vaporization on the left side Options

Anciaki
#1 Posted : 2/9/2021 4:26:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So le the last few times I vaped some yellow full spectrum DMT extracted from a friend of mine I got the following effects that I cannot really explain:
- numbness in the left side of the face
- congestion of the mucosae in the left side of the face (left nostril and left ear clogged)
Both "symptoms" would stop once sober. Having a stuffy nostril is pretty a objective feeling tho.

I thought it is since I am right handed, and holding this way my vaping device, with the mouthpiece on the right side of my mouth when I inhale the smoke goes first to the left side on my mouth. Also, everytime i use this dmt, it causes some minor burns on my lips and gums so maybe it is doing the same on the inside of my nose/ears? But this is not explaining why most of the left side goes numb.
First time I thought I was having a stroke and panicked the hell out of the trip.
Mind that I am 24, agonist athlete in perfect shape and health.

Thank you.

EDIT: all the previous times was used in conjunction with syrian rue extract or seeds's brew. I actually rode harmala is a vasodilator so vasoconstrictive issues shouldn't be probable, also I experienced great erections and amazing sex after one hour from oral dosing. But before lifting I'm always very anxious to the point I'm shivering so that could be an important vasoconstrictive variable.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

bismillah
#2 Posted : 2/10/2021 12:51:05 AM

My Personalized Tag

This is normal. Some methods of smoking cause it more than others; when I smoked out of a jam jar (not a happy memory) I got a lot of this burning and numbness. Out of my wax pen, not as much, although I may just be used to it by now. The stuff seems a little irritating to the skin, anyways.

I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Anciaki
#3 Posted : 2/10/2021 8:33:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm only concerned about any cardiovascular issue. Last time I had a brain scan was 3 years ago and everything was fine.. also when I checked my heart everything was ok.
Other than that I am ok with some non serious mouthburns.

Egzoset
#4 Posted : 2/10/2021 7:48:59 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations Anciaki,

Anciaki wrote:
...everytime i use this dmt, it causes some minor burns... ... ...so maybe it is doing the same on the inside of my nose/ears?

Personally i'd suggest the excess of residual heat in the mouth may become a co-factor in tooth decay. Which is 1 more hint as to why "conditioning" seems crucial to me, but i'm a cannabis user. In any case the sole prospect of such possibility prompted me to explore further.

Good day, have fun!! Cool

Anciaki
#5 Posted : 2/11/2021 8:06:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salutations Egzoset Smile

What do you mean for "conditioning?"
Also yes I consume cannabis but from vaping and very occasionally with non-vapers friends from joints. I thought that the gum damage was done from some residues in the crystals of the solvents used in the extraction... or it is simply a chemical burn resulting from the basic molecule condensing on the surface of my inside (as it is visibly condensing in the glass). I'd think that in some degree this is also happening on the teeth but since I access hyperverse only once every two weeks at the most, this wouldn't be a major concern.

WanderingCat
#6 Posted : 2/12/2021 4:24:35 AM

The White Haired Cat

I don't seem to share any discomforts from vaporizing DMT. No burned anything or numbness. Are you sure your DMT is pure? Maybe its a thing not due to pureness but different in the way that how DMT reacts to everyone kinda different.

Is the method of taking DMT causing too much heat? What device do you use?

Whats worked great for me so far is GVG and direct e mesh. Care on how high your temps are for the e mesh.
Grass Grows When The Tiny Cat is Dreaming

Phangz wrote:

"this is your height on dmt.."

Anciaki
#7 Posted : 2/12/2021 10:49:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had the same effects from smoking this DMT in changa, vaping it thru a bong attached to a glass pipe, a glass pipe and a Motar Atomizer.

Also, everytime after a session I feel my lungs aching for the rest of the day.
It's not my extraction but my friend's that is an expert guy, so I don't know any specific detail more that that he used naphta.

Egzoset
#8 Posted : 2/12/2021 8:20:35 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Hi again Anciaki,

Anciaki wrote:
What do you mean for "conditioning?

Please rest assured an apparent lack of feedback on other topics was no hint that i disliked the rest, just that my attention is more focussed/attracted on such matters as this exactly:

[ https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2HP2TIMAmw ]
YouTube - HerbalAire Experiments (Fog Mixing Site)

Pay special attention to how mixing ratio was adjusted.

In 2012 it's still not implementing "Inlet Water" pre-vaporization conditioning as i came to realize later but that was a start. After a while i found out the VG pipe works wonders in comparison to electric ovenizers quite probably as a consequence of its flame's corona being essentially composed of H2O + CO2 (e.g. steam & carbonic gas as in soft drinks), from clean-burning butane - hence my definitive preference for blue "jet"/"torch" lighters.

Using my pipe all the conditioning comes from its fuel itself and this always takes place PREVIOUS to entering a cannabic bowl. At best most other schemes only offer post-vaporization conditioning while i felt enhanced aroma/taste appreciation from the pipe's "burst" mode.

On its way to the lungs VG's 2 extra-hot exhaust gases (which 1st carried energy) eventually condense then serve multiple functions, like to remove that heat simultaneously to the capture of particles made heavier (cooling + filtration), on top of humidifying the "fumet" for ultimate convenience...

Etc.

Anciaki
#9 Posted : 2/15/2021 12:06:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To what kind of electric ovenizers are you referring to? Like the Motar I mentioned?

Wow this setting is quite advanced, I'd wonder how much of the DMT is condensed through the tubing system...

If anything I noticed a certain distress in the teeth while vaping thru my Dynavap so I usually put it in the mouth deep enough to stay in between the teeth in a way the vapor goes directly in my throath or just use it attached to a water pipe.

Quaid
#10 Posted : 2/15/2021 4:51:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It’s interesting you mention the left side sensations... I get the same thing when I vape, more of a lung ache that I think I may have mistaken for heart aches. The location seems too far left to be directly associated with the heart. I tried pharma recently, both taken orally, and these undesirable sensations are lessened dramatically, such that I’m not sure I’m even interested in vaping anymore. Vaping is just much more intense for the body it seems, such that I find my blood pressure is quite high even before taking the dose. For me, the stress of the physical symptoms from vaping kind of takes away from the experience. With pharma, the come on is so gradual that it’s a non-issue.

But alas, if you only have time for the quick trip, vaping seems to be the best ROI. I say that because 14 hours later after waking up and I’m still feeling a bit, I dunno, different (in a good way). And this was on a low dose (100mg harmalas/35mg DMT, taken together orally), I can’t imagine what a ‘normal’ dose is like.

DMT itself is certainly a skin irritant, I tried vaping without pre-melting once (on accident) and man, did it burn my lips/mouth. Spent half the trip washing my mouth out!

Egzoset
#11 Posted : 2/16/2021 3:04:14 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Anciaki wrote:
To what kind of electric ovenizers are you referring to?

Like this other one i presume?

Arizer V-Tower: given away as gift after 3 weeks, NO vaporist accessories included.

The rest hardly even qualified for consideration...

The word "advanced" sounds a bit too flattering anyway as that was only meant for accessible DUPLICATION & PEER REVIEW, in days when the humidifier was easy to get at Walmart. Yet it did help me to decide between dry vs moist and warm/hot vs cold. Which was its main purpose, as an experiment - NOT a finished product as most consumerists would expect these days.

Anciaki wrote:
...I noticed a certain distress in the teeth while vaping thru my Dynavap...

Then perhaps for long-term helth considerations it might be suitable to remove excess heat, while actually i did vaguely think of DY VCs exposing to similar dental issues, due to its bursting nature, though not as far into the Pulse Heating domain as much as enthousiasts appear to believe, i think.

As for DMT i can only imagine it's nearly as sensitive to "ovenizing" as THC. So if it works for me then maybe it's worth a thought, i get absolutely nothing in exchange so that's free of any strings. The only final proof is when it's tested at the 1st-person and 10 years later i can tell you none of my objectors risked their reputation on it as it's just easier to gain fanboy points on virual anonymous "reputation" feeding doubts, for some obscure purpose i shall add.

Hours from the 10th year anniversary of my initiation to vaporism on the HerbalAire i must observe there's nothing to celebrate when it comes to the commercially-available ready-made market. Still having to think tank with DiY projects one decade later actually!

May you find your own "best" way.

P.S.: My video was about finding the right mix of post-vaporization moisturization when "conditioning". The fine aspect of it was how gravity and surface-tension cooperated together to keep both paths separated most of the time, except during inhalation, of course.