We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello fellow travelers Options

sere310
#1 Posted : 2/9/2021 5:01:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice to meet you all. I'm an experienced psychedelic user with a couple dozen LSD and shroom trips under my belt and I'm branching out into DMT as of writing I'm almost done with my first extract and might try some as early as this Wednesday or Thursday Cool

my motivation for joining is to get help with the extraction process as I need it (I think I have things figured out, once this water evaporates we'll see) and learn about and discuss the effects of using DMT.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 2/9/2021 3:14:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, nice to have you here!

What is your favorite part about the psychedelic experience?

Have you given any thought to where/how you will try it? I would totally encourage you to make sure your setup is super comfy and chill (and also safe!), it will be a special time. Love
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

sere310
#3 Posted : 2/10/2021 6:28:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi ms manic minxx.

my favorite part is the philosophizing. I have depression and I feel it's helping me with it. next favorite part is how electronic music sounds really good on psychedelics

I'm going to wait until I have a day off from work, I'm going to meditate for a bit on my yoga mat and them smoke some DMT out of my freebase pipe I bought for the purpose. one of the attractive things about smoking DMT is that it is only supposed to last 30 minutes, but I want to have a good chunk of time to integrate my first time

Exitwound
#4 Posted : 2/10/2021 4:51:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After strong dose (25-27mg) for me:

Actual trip(py) part lasts for about 7-10 minutes at most, then around 5 minutes of "wtf was that Very happy" time, then 10 minutes of trees still swaying when looking at them and clouds slightly dancing. Then afterglow for some time.

YSS2020
#5 Posted : 2/11/2021 6:24:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sere310 wrote:
once this water evaporates we'll see

Welcome!

That portion there has me a bit curious, what was your method of extraction?
It's unusual for an extraction to end with water evaporating. Just asking so if there was a mistake I can help and if not, I can learn.

sere310
#6 Posted : 2/11/2021 10:02:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

That portion there has me a bit curious, what was your method of extraction?
It's unusual for an extraction to end with water evaporating. Just asking so if there was a mistake I can help and if not, I can learn.

I'm doing an acid/base extraction on 100 g shredded mhrb turned to powder with my coffee grinder with vinegar and lime, with d-limonine as the solvant, with the end goal being freebase DMT to smoke

I added way too much FASW water so I had to evaporate it off. I pulled with limonine and am trying to produce DMT fumarate I can freebase to smoke later. my current problem is that I got a little bit of the limonine in with it I think. I also might have had too much fumaric acid since the small spoonful I tried saturated the water, but I tried to get the solution away from the precipitated fumaric acid before mixing with the limonine

here's the thread for my troubles. I added a little tap water and everything in there seems to have dissolved back into solution, although there was a bit of an oily sheen on it and there was a strong limonine smell while it was in the oven at 195 degrees F so I'm wondering if there's trace limonine still in there. is that a problem for future work or do I wanna make sure and get it all out?

this is my first time doing this so I'm just trying to follow the guides best I can and hope for the best. any usable product would be considered a success

YSS2020
#7 Posted : 2/12/2021 12:50:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sere310 wrote:
[...]

Got ya. A/B isn't bad but really for MHRB I've never seen it needed with the bark I've had. A simple STB works pretty well. Some later pulls can get a little yellow depending on the bark source but that varies and can easily be cleaned up if one feels compelled.

I believe the ratio was 1:1:15 bark:lye:water but I'd double-check if you were to do it. I believe I did 1:1:10. By soaking it like that and doing a few small pulls with naptha followed by freeze precipitation you can get a nice crystalized product with minimal effort.

Seems you might be trying to go more natural with your route but if that's the case, the good ole STBs work pretty well and you don't wind up with anything in your final product if you're careful.

Honestly I've never done FASW. That's new to me as of now. I've never used limonine either.
I've only done FASA in the past with fumaric acid and that was done with already pulled freebase.

See, I learned something new! FASW wasn't around when I had my old account here. That can tell ya I've been away for a while.

This may simply be my opinion but for something to be used as freebase, that may be tossing in some unnecessary variables/potential failure points. Back to the STB, with good bark and methods, one can recrystalize it into well, crystals. Not just fine powder. It comes out fairly clean that way. I forget who used to have the most popular method on here but they're all about the same and if you search google for "mhrb stb siteVery happymt-nexus.me" I'm sure you'll find plenty. I get better results using google than the site's search bar.

You could have your reasons for that method however. Everyone has their preferences, just sharing mine so don't take that as pushy. Being unfamiliar with that specific route and not having experience with limonine unfortunately I can't help much.

If you're using limonine to separate junk as I'm guessing, you do want it gone. "endlessness" replied to you first and covers it. A nice tall container. You can get cheap glass beakers all over the place that are perfect for this. You can also easily find tall thin glasses (think tall shot glasses or other drinking glasses) and glass turkey basters with which you could pull off the top water, place into the container, suck off the limonine then place the remaining water back with the rest.

I'm not sure at what temperature limonine freezes however you could look that up. If you don't have an adequate container, you could look at it's freezing point. If it's not too mixed with the FASW solution, you may be able to freeze the FASW and dump/dab the limonine off of the top. This paragraph is an assumption however due to not working with it myself but if it were naptha or alike I wanted separated from a water based solution those are the two routes I'd take. With a tall container, droppers like those found in baby medicines and such are ideal. Glass is better but if it's for something to be disposed plastic will work fine.

Good luck!

sere310
#8 Posted : 2/14/2021 6:38:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Why thank you! it looks like I evaporated off all the limonine and should be left with some jimjam. I'll probably work on decarbing it shortly