We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
best way to remove unwanted IPA from Changa? Options

clouds
#1 Posted : 2/8/2021 11:13:44 PM

Human

hello nexus,

so a friend of mine gave me some changa but its giving me literal headaches and fever. I researched a little bit and seems like it might be the IPA that <still remains> in the changa mix.

Are there any ways you recommed to remove the IPA as easily as possible?

Thanks in advance. Thumbs up

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

coAsTal
#2 Posted : 2/8/2021 11:17:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Best way to remove any residual solvent is simply to expose the herb to open air and a little heat-- I have successfully used a cup warmer with a piece of cardboard between the element and the container the herb is in. That usually gets the temps down to maybe 120/140F, which is perfectly safe for the DMT and herbs but will cook off the solvents. Thumbs up

clouds
#3 Posted : 2/8/2021 11:20:29 PM

Human

coAsTal wrote:
Best way to remove any residual solvent is simply to expose the herb to open air and a little heat-- I have successfully used a cup warmer with a piece of cardboard between the element and the container the herb is in. That usually gets the temps down to maybe 120/140F, which is perfectly safe for the DMT and herbs but will cook off the solvents. Thumbs up

Thank you sir. Perfectly clear Thumbs up

ms_manic_minxx
#4 Posted : 2/9/2021 2:59:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a dehydrator and found it invaluable for making changa.

I'd let it go until it was dry... and then leave it in for probably an extra day beyond that to satisfy my paranoia.

Do you know anything about how much and what was used for a MAOI? Do you have any other symptoms besides headache and fever? Are you certain everything is as it should be with the MAOI? Were any other herbs or extracts that could cause a bad reaction mixed in?
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Wolfnippletip
#5 Posted : 2/9/2021 3:12:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A small space heater blowing over the top of the changa container does a great job of it. I set it out on the counter and let it run overnight.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

BongQuixote
#6 Posted : 2/10/2021 1:16:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My SO used to get headaches and fevers from changa the day after, while I was unaffected. Lowered the amount of harmaline and problem went away for her.