We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New Jersey Governor Signs Psilocybin Bill To Immediately Reduce Penalties For Possession Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 2/7/2021 3:38:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.marijuanamom...ECchcDbwGjAOq76SLZCgS3H4

Quote:
New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy (D) signed a psilocybin reform bill into law on Thursday, immediately reclassifying possession of up to an ounce of psychedelic-containing mushrooms as a disorderly persons offense.

The new classification means individuals caught with small amounts of psilocybin are now subject to a maximum $1,000 fine, up to six months in jail or both. Previously the offense was a third-degree crime and carried a penalty of between three to five years behind bars and fines of up to $15,000.

The change puts mushroom possession on par with simple assault, harassment, shoplifting or resisting arrest in New Jersey.

Presumably that's a dried ounce.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

null24
#2 Posted : 2/7/2021 8:06:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Man, i'd like to say that's a good thing, and if course half a year of better than 4 behind bars, but it's still pretty draconian. I'm struggling to see the reasoning behind this...

Uhhh, yay jersey?

They are basically legal where i live. Left coast, right coast.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Legarto Rey
#3 Posted : 2/7/2021 9:05:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Rather "progressive" of Murphy, good on him. Maybe he'll let up on his dopey virus war on civil liberties broadly...post haste!

Peace