We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Afterglow Effect of Increasing Lucidity / Inducing Lucid Living Options

WeR1Family
#1 Posted : 2/7/2021 5:09:50 PM

Life is an Illusion For Us To Wake Up From

What is lucidity? What is lucid living?

Ever heard of being drunk vs being sober after drinking alcohol? Yes, drunk is condition or state of one’s consciousness being less/smaller than normal, while sober is condition of one’s consciousness at its normal operation. Being lucid on the other hand, is a state that is above sober, being lucid is operating at a level higher than your normal consciousness. At a point of high lucidity, one can even operate from one’s higher self, or even operate from bigger collective consciousness (this is however, is already very advanced lucidity)

Have you ever heard of lucid dreaming? Lucid dreaming is condition where one is being lucid and aware that oneself is dreaming. Lucid living on the other hand is similar in that sense, one is made aware that one has been sleepwalking his/her entire life, that he/she has been operating at lower/smaller consciousness than it could actually be.

Through my experience, I found out that higher state of lucidity can be induced by using psychedelics/entheogens, but it has to be used in the proper way to be effective (I will share my exact methods in below part). As with any other tool in life, any tool if used differently, will produce different results, be it yielding more effective or less effective output. However, overall, i can say that any psychedelic, consumed, even if used in recreational way, still produces increase of lucidity, but only to very small extent.

My Findings and Observations Regarding Psychedelic Induced Lucidity

Below is some findings that I have observed and experienced regarding inducing lucidity using psychedelic, please share and correct me if I’m wrong:

1. Lucidity = divineness = wakefulness = wisdom = love = wealth. Lucidity is at same vibration with those, so they all usually come together as one packet, like different side of the same coin.

2. Many ways and methods have been used for centuries to increase one’s lucidity, be it meditation, yoga, kundalini, energy work, chakras development, this and that spiritual practises. All those are just tools to obtain the same result, which is to increase one’s lucidity. Increasing lucidity using psychedelic in that sense is also the same, it is just one of the many tools available, however, I have been made to believe that increasing lucidity using psychedelic is extremely very effective and fast compared to conventional methods that usually takes many lifetimes to achieve the same result.

3. The history of consuming Ayahuasca being sacred practise by certain old cultures are not coincidence, the history of psilocybin mushroom revered by the native people of Mesoamerica as divine mushroom / genius mushroom, etc is also not coincidence. Psychedelic are meant to be used for spiritual growth, it is meant to be used inwardly, not outwardly.

4. The increase of lucidity can be felt and experienced as part of the afterglow after a psychedelic trip ends. Afterglow refers to positive physical and mental effects that linger after the main effects of a drug have subsided, or after the peak experience has subsided.

5. Inducing lucidity by using psychedelic/entheogen has its ‘drawback’. Because the lucidity is induced by ingesting something, there is half time to the psychedelic being in our body. In other words, the effect diminishes over time, this is the same logic as for any food, vitamin, prescription drug, medicines, substance, etc. However, when we returns back to our ‘normal/equilibrium’, that ‘normal/equilibrium’ that we returns to, the level of lucidity is permanently higher than the level of lucidity that were before we start the trip. This is like you have remembered/wake up to life realization of something and then you try to forget/undo it (which is very difficult), that’s why it is rather permanent.

6. As with any other psychedelics, it is best to consume the psychedelics at safe dosage and increase it gradually if needed. Leaping off the dosage too far using the method I described below can be very dangerous and detrimental (maybe can even cause insanity as the body and mind are not ready to be jolted that too much voltage). Pay attention as well to tolerance build up by using it too frequent. What works for me is 1 day use, 3 days no use, 1 day use and so on, but this may be different from individual to individual. Always observe and pay attention to the signals that are generated from your body and mind.

The Method That I Recommend

Below are the method that I recommend to effectively increase one’s lucidity, kindly also read the supplementary notes provided below:

1. Consume psychedelic of your choice (read note A)

2. Prepare yourself, get your body lying comfortably in bed, wear socks and extra clothing, warm temperature is advisable (read note B)

3. As the effect starts to kick in, close one's eyes and have full course music track running (read note C & D)

4. Keep doing so for the entire duration of the trip, DO NOT OPEN EYES, immerse oneself with the images, colors, feelings, memories, thoughts that appears, just listen, just follow it, just observe, avoid to think too much or judge (read note E)

5. When the trip is over, usually 1-2 hours after the effects kicks in, you may open your eyes and slowly continue normal activities (read note F)

6. You will notice many changes happens in your perception and your consciousness, particularly your lucidity, be aware of it, take notes

Supplementary notes:

a. I have only tried this method with LSD and psylocybin, both produces the same effect. Just that psylocybin have shorter afterglow effects, while LSD have longer afterglow effects (about 24 hours for me). I have not yet have the opportunity to try this method with other psychedelic like DMT, 5MEO DMT, mescaline, etc. I would love to explore together with all of you

b. Your body and limbs (especially feet) tend to be very cold as majority of the blood flow and energy are directed to the brain

c. Any music is fine, but it is very advisable to pick and listen to your favourite music. The fact that you like a certain music/song tells you about your subconscious, so feed your subconscious with what it likes. For maximum effect, using headphone/earphone is recommended

d. Music has been used in various ancient cultures to induce trance or altered state of consciousness. The concept is the same here. In shamanism, drumming is an integral part for the practitioner to transport his/her consciousness to non-ordinary reality.

e. My theory is that all those images, colors, feelings, memories, thoughts are part of the subconscious mind that is being ‘worked on’ or aligned

f. Better move your physical body slowly and gently, in high dosage, the lucidity is very high and strong that one may pass out because the brain stem is overload/overcapacity (another reason its best to move dosage gradually)

What Happened to Me and How I Experienced It

I will be sharing my trip reports separately in trip reports section:

1. 2020-10-04: My First Transformative Experience

(please be patient as i upload my trip reports one by one)

Visit: http://lucidliving.community
Lone
Founder & Pioneer
Lucid Living Community
http://lucidliving.community

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 2/8/2021 5:18:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like your concept of lucid living! It's definitely something to aim for. One key I think is to seriously and critically examine what the substances reveal to you and then commit to the good ideas once you have the faith.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand