We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Accurate assaying of alkaloids both known unique and possible toxins in Acacia Farnesiana Options

fractalicious
#1 Posted : 11/11/2012 2:44:51 AM
Dave

Hello I am fractalicious and am a product of 5 decades of life.

I have interests ranging from electronics, physics, chemistry, lasers, botany, ethnobotany, amoungst others.

My exploits and efforts in this forum are no more than others here which are to be commended but vary somewhat.

My efforts have extended to several trips to Southern Mexico and Guatemala doing botanical research with biologists at several universities there. Unfortunately on a recent trip I almost lost my life in a highway roadblock and attempted kidnapping.

Seems like exploiting my own local resources rather than preparing my will and making further trips to extremmely dangerous regions is in order.
Right now I am discovering that there are many species of Acacias Legumes of the family fabaceae even in my neck of the woods. My interest now lies in the analysis of Acacia Farnesiana probably the most prevelant Acacia in my home state in USA.

This week I have begun efforts to gather samples to send off to labs and possibly members with the skillset to analyze them, if this is somehow permissable or could be done through an anonymous remailing service.

There are tools ranging from simple extractions via acids/bases and organic solvents, to gc-ms testing. If I can get definitive results paying for 2 or moreprofessional test could be warranted. I am hearing of an erlich test that may reveal some limited info.

A great problem I am seeing is that one person has done some tests several decades ago and the tests were not conclusively repeated for accuracy by another lab to the best of my knowledge. This species however has had extensive tests for novel alkaloids.

Somewhere somehow deep in some PHD research paper or the analytics of some Indian lab looking for new medicines is this info I am sure, getting to it seems difficult. I am trying and just getting bits of this info. I welcome any motivated persons to do extensive google searches or even get into some leading university research papers and their results.

I would greatly like to become a non newbie and able to exchange info with the appropriate members about my pursuits and results.

Any commendations or reviews by elders is appreciated.
The difficulty of performing a given task is directly proportional to a persons capability for confusion![color=red]

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

The Meddling Monk
#2 Posted : 11/11/2012 2:55:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome fractalicious. I'm 'new' here too, though been lurking and reading for about 2 years.

Probably the most information on Acacias, unknown tryptamines and testing etc. is in the nexus threads:
Trying to Improve Acacia info.
Acacia Analysis Thread

They are worth saving to your computer as they're like references in themselves at the moment.

Nen, endlessness, jamie and others are the ones to ask.

Have you had experience much with smoked tryptamines, and/or extraction?

Pandora
#3 Posted : 11/11/2012 3:02:15 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hello fractalicious,

Welcome to the Nexus - I enjoyed reading your introductory essay and have enjoyed your presence in the chat room too. Always nice to have another member here on the 2nd half of life.

Your last trip down south sounds amazing in a dangerous way - would probably make a good book.

I enjoyed reading of your research plans - I'd say ambitious, but there are so many here doing just that - professional level research and analysis as well as pushing the envelope on plants to extract from and how to do it safely.

I'm curious - do you consume psychedelics as well as research them and their source plants? Have you tried DMT yet?

Oh, by the way, the promotion to regular membership process just involves you posting, being yourself and letting the mods get to know you (as well as other members vote for you) and understand that you understand the rules here. It has no established schedule, but if you just post and be yourself, I suspect it will happen fairly quickly.

Again, a warm welcome to you.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

fractalicious
#4 Posted : 11/11/2012 4:02:47 AM
Dave

Here is some good but also disappointing info: Trouts Notes and is a pdf document link for download in this page http://en.wikipedia.org/...e=Talk:Acacia_farnesiana
The difficulty of performing a given task is directly proportional to a persons capability for confusion![color=red]

Pandora
#5 Posted : 11/11/2012 4:12:19 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hmm, well, now at least we know it has not been shown to contain DMT. Hopefully you can procure an alternative source.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Rivea
#6 Posted : 11/11/2012 5:09:43 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

Welcome to the fray. It is good to have new blood from folks well along the path. I'm in what I call the beginning of the last third myself.

The mention of the roadblock sounds absolutely harrowing. I am glad you made it out of that scrape alive. I look forward to more posts from you.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

fractalicious
#7 Posted : 11/11/2012 5:44:21 AM
Dave

Twisted Evil Yes there is nothing like ten and ten to cure that ever present (in my rear view mirror) psychosis being 10mg thorazine and 10mg ativan/ lorazepam

Pointy
#8 Posted : 1/30/2021 7:45:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It is good that I found another post discussion this species, I have a tree in front of me now, but what did the laboratories and the people who sent samples reportd you? Is there any other info!

Woolmer
#9 Posted : 1/30/2021 11:29:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My dear friend Pointy, this thread is over 8 years old. The person you are referring to has not been online in 7 years. I doubt they will respond to you.

I will quote some of the guidelines posted in this same post 8 years ago which still hold true.
The Meddling Monk wrote:
Probably the most information on Acacias, unknown tryptamines and testing etc. is in the nexus threads:
Trying to Improve Acacia info.
Acacia Analysis Thread

Also, use the search bar! Smile

Pointy
#10 Posted : 1/31/2021 5:46:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah right, I registered yesterday and was a little excited Big grin and I didn't notice this comment. Thanks for your comment though Smile