We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV910111213NEXT
DMT vaping guide Options

Brennendes Wasser
#201 Posted : 5/3/2020 11:44:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

So I'm not quite into this, but I think the common sense since a few years is that the regular E-Zigs with the VG/PG mixtures are not suitable for this. Exactly because of your reason, also because of the inconvenience of dosing at all, you will never be able to measure anything.

I think the most easiest way that is described since some time is the E-Mesh method, also using E-Zigs/Vaporizers, but the ones that work without the liquid. I do not know much about these devices, but there is a good load of information about this if you search "E-Mesh method" and the most concentrated information seems to be here. This works really well and you should definetly use that method instead of the regular E-Zigs, if you want to indeed use such a device Big grin

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gordml
#202 Posted : 5/31/2020 12:30:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey all!
Im new to vaping and I purchsed this mesh:
https://www.zivipf.com/e...bProducts/ESS300x200-100

The threads I have seen have instructions for either a ss316 or a ss304 but I dont know what this one is because it doesnt say.

But It does give these specs:
Stainless steel
holes per linear inch: 100
wire thickness: 0.11 mm ( 110 micron )
aperture: 0.14 mm ( 140 micron )
material: 1.4401 V4A / 316
industrial grade

Im using a Geekvape Aegis mini so it has settings for NI SS TI TCR VPC BY
also have V2 rda.

Can anyone give me any suggestions for what settings to use with this mesh? thanks.

gordml
#203 Posted : 5/31/2020 3:27:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Actually I may have answered my own question. its ss316 (material: 1.4401 V4A / 316)

lastninja
#204 Posted : 8/29/2020 12:46:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I've had some spice I've wanted to do something with for a while. I considered sandwich, dabbing and now vaping.

I'm guessing dabbing on a titanium banger through my bubbler would be an easy way to do it.
Otherwise has anyone had much experience with an Arizer Extreme Q?

I was thinking of getting the liquid pad for the mighty/crafty/volcano and putting that into the bowl, then sandwiching on top of that. As long as the pad fits in the bowl right it should not lose any spice into the heater right?

I was thinking of making infused herb but I only have 99% IPA and 200mg of spice so I worry about wasting/ruining it.

I also noticed ddave has a concentrate glass rig, but since I bought the one hitter 14mm rig off him, I would need to buy an 18mm bowl to use the concentrate kit with, so would end up being another $60 ish USD with postage.

I bought some 14mm capped baskets also so I can try packing the 14mm 'microdose' bowl a bit bigger to try to sandwich potentially too.

Any advice how I should proceed for best effect?

I was thinking if I could vape the safest would be to fill a bag. Would it actually get the spice into it in a single bag (since the herb takes more than one bag potentially)? If so I'm guessing it might be hard to break through if needing to use 2-3 bags (what you fill them one by one before then sucking on them all? xD ). I'm hoping all the spice will vape before the herb.

Otherwise perhaps running the one hitter or whip, by itself into my mouth or into my bubbler?

So many options, no idea which is the right one. Want to make the 200mg last as much as I can..

So
1: titanium dab nail on bubbler heated with torch lighter
2: sandwich in bubbler cone, maybe with screens also
3: sandwich in arizer EQ, on top of a volcano liquid pad, either in an 18mm ddave bowl or the original 18mm cyclone bowl (cyclone bowl a bit cheaper at this stage)
4: ddave concentrate piece (expensive, would regular the 18mm shortie to work)
5: infused herb in regular bubbler or arizer eq - worried about messing things up wanting to only try 50-100mg infused (and saving 100-150 spice)

EDIT 19 September:
Dabbing looks alright but with my bubbler, it would be a bit 'dodgy'. Being a gripper with an odd grommit size/shape. Bonza stem with a 14mm glass female stem inside it, then a male banger hanging on top - it would be do-able but I figure spice and torch/jet lighters and precarious glassware probably isn't the best combination to reconnect with this spice.

So I got a 14mm ddave 'one hitter' kit for my Arizer EQ. I'm thinking the best way to go for spice is:
1. infuse herb with warm water tek, only have .2 spice so probably .3 or .4 herb to put it into
2. with 14mm 'shortie' ddave bowl, place small liquid drip pad (13mm) https://www.australianva...-set-for-dosing-capsules
3. either elbow packing the 14mm basket or packing the ddave 14mm bowl with a dose, possibly if bowl packing, adding some more ash or mullein? I'm not sure if infused herb can suffer spice 'dripping' from it like sandwich technique?
4. use fan setting 1 on a certain temperature I have to remember/remind myself of - what is the best temperature to reach boiling point for spice? And fill up half a bag (to make it quicker to inhale). Cap end of bag with bluetack, half fill 2nd bag.
5. stop fan and heater, use first bag as quickly as possible, potentially also use 2nd bag straight after. Maybe something left to fill up half a third bag? Presumably not since doses will be something like 0.1g (0.2 spice with 0.3-0.4 herb, 5-6x doses out of 0.2g, around 0.1g infused herb per dose). This amount won't actually fit in the 14mm basket either so might have to put in the bowl, or use both both bowl and elbow filled a bit. Or put 0.05 in one bag ready to go, then prepare another 0.05 in the next bag.

Another option would be to interface the Arizer EQ with my bubbler with the ddave one hitter kit, although this means I have to keep sucking, compared to possibly easier inhalation from a loaded bag. Could also use as whip without the bubbler too.

Is there any thought about whether spice vapour through a bong would reduce the effect? Is it possible going through the water could condense more spice, lost to the water, that would have been inhaled otherwise if a waterless vapour path? I know people use bubblers for sandwich method so I presume it still 'works' but does anyone have any idea whether it is stronger or not without the water?

I just purchased the 13mm liquid drip pads so all I need to do now is infuse my herb with the 0.2g. I read that such a small amount isn't really worth infusing, but I haven't smoked spice for almost 20 years and I would like to 'break through' and not do anything to mess it up. I'm guessing infused herb through a vape into a bag should be the least 'wasteful' method.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

DeadDreams
#205 Posted : 10/3/2020 4:17:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd share my input on effective vaping techniques.

e mesh works brilliantly.

However, I recently received something called a Vivant Incendio as a gift.

It's a glass cup with a coil underneath designed for vaping concentrates.
Together with the glass bubbler attachment (sans water) and cap, it works perfectly.

It's just as effective as the emesh but less effort required as you just put the
Spice into the cup and away you go.

Unfortunately it does not work with temp control, so you'll have to pulse the button.
18.5 Watts with 30-35mg is breakthrough.

Peace and love

Pallekuling
#206 Posted : 11/14/2020 5:07:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi folks! This is my first post here. Please apologize if I have posted it in the wrong section, or should have started a new thread.

I have had some successful break throughs using a vape and dissolving my spice in 50/50, PG/VG e-juice liquid. But the other day I decided for some reason to dissolve it in CBD e-juice instead. To see if the CBD may add anything to the experience I guess. I did as I usually do, with PG/VG, but first thing to notice was that the spice did not seem to dissolve properly. Rather it just turned to this very cloudy dark brown color. Usually it is yellowish, orange see through color. I did not analyze it further by then but just loaded my vape with it and got ready. Three big hits and I waited… nothing. (very minor maybe). I thought I made a strong mix. Strange... ok, so maybe not. I loaded the rest of the spice that I had, approximately an equal amount that I loaded the first time. (This is what I usually mix). The solution just turned even darker and cloudier. I tried it, three big hits and almost nothing.

As usual I always mix the ratio about 1 g of spice to 4 ml of e-juice.

So, what are your experience of this, anybody having an idea why this happened? Have I just wasted my spice by mixing it with CBD e-juice?

some one
#207 Posted : 1/6/2021 11:03:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Can anyone give me any suggestions for what settings to use with this mesh? thanks.

See:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=92213
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=87004

Quote:
I'm guessing dabbing on a titanium banger through my bubbler would be an easy way to do it.

Don't use titanium, use quartz, see:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=415736#post415736

Quote:
I was thinking of making infused herb but I only have 99% IPA and 200mg of spice so I worry about wasting/ruining it.

Smoke it (changa /enhanced leaf) in a bong. I recommend to try that first.

Quote:
I recently received something called a Vivant Incendio as a gift.

It's a glass cup with a coil underneath designed for vaping concentrates.
Together with the glass bubbler attachment (sans water) and cap, it works perfectly.

It's just as effective as the emesh but less effort required as you just put the
Spice into the cup and away you go.

Unfortunately it does not work with temp control, so you'll have to pulse the button.
18.5 Watts with 30-35mg is breakthrough.

Awesome. Is this in one hit?

Quote:
I have had some successful break throughs using a vape and dissolving my spice in 50/50, PG/VG e-juice liquid. But the other day I decided for some reason to dissolve it in CBD e-juice instead. To see if the CBD may add anything to the experience I guess. I did as I usually do, with PG/VG, but first thing to notice was that the spice did not seem to dissolve properly. Rather it just turned to this very cloudy dark brown color. Usually it is yellowish, orange see through color. I did not analyze it further by then but just loaded my vape with it and got ready. Three big hits and I waited… nothing. (very minor maybe). I thought I made a strong mix. Strange... ok, so maybe not. I loaded the rest of the spice that I had, approximately an equal amount that I loaded the first time. (This is what I usually mix). The solution just turned even darker and cloudier. I tried it, three big hits and almost nothing. As usual I always mix the ratio about 1 g of spice to 4 ml of e-juice. So, what are your experience of this, anybody having an idea why this happened? Have I just wasted my spice by mixing it with CBD e-juice?

My guess is the CBD juice contains insufficient PG to dissolve the dmt (too much VG)?
some = one | here = some | there = one

DeadDreams
#208 Posted : 1/16/2021 6:56:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Update on the Vivant Incendio.

There is a firmware update on their site which will allow for the correct temperature for temperature control.

When set to 260C the device is able to deliver a 30mg dose of dense vapour straight to the brain in 7 seconds.

some one
#209 Posted : 1/23/2021 10:14:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeadDreams wrote:

There is a firmware update on their site which will allow for the correct temperature for temperature control.

When set to 260C the device is able to deliver a 30mg dose of dense vapour straight to the brain in 7 seconds.

Nice!

Is the vapor harsh or easy to inhale?
How is the airflow? Do you need to suck hard?
Do you need to preheat the tank prior inserting dmt?
Is 260 C the only setting you need to input?
some = one | here = some | there = one

DeadDreams
#210 Posted : 1/25/2021 3:56:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
DeadDreams wrote:

Nice!

Is the vapor harsh or easy to inhale?
How is the airflow? Do you need to suck hard?
Do you need to preheat the tank prior inserting dmt?
Is 260 C the only setting you need to input?

The vapour is easy to inhale.
The airflow is tight, restricted as you'll have the carb cap on, creating a vacuum.
You don't need to inhale hard, gently so as to direct the vapour. If it feels harsh then inhale bit harder.

You don't need to preheat. Just insert the spice, then hold the button for a couple seconds to activate. The device then heats up to the temperature. As soon as you see vapour form, start inhaling.

I've tried 230C, it takes longer to inhale, the vapour is thin and, in my experience, results in subpar effects. With spice, you want a dense vapour, without burning, to take you where you need to go. 260C is perfect on this device.

I have the e mesh and the apx volt. The Incendio with the glass bubbler is the superior modern device, in my experience. Although the others work just as well, I see no faults with this device, whereas the others have some cons.

Brennendes Wasser
#211 Posted : 1/25/2021 11:41:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Wow this Vivant Incendio really catches my eye ...

I'm searching for a long time for an electric to-go mini-device, that uses a glass bowl.

Checking Ebay this description tells that the temperature Range is 70 - 220 °C. I think normally 220 would be more than enough, but you tell that 260 produces better results.

So any idea why that thing has a different temperature range?

On the product's own website they have a picture showing 850 °F in the display, which is 450 °C Shocked Shocked

https://www.vivant.com/products/incendiokit/#MODE

Super weird and this link on Amazon and also this seller tells that the Temperature Range is 315–450 °C WTF.

So in this case, then there is no down-range instead of no high-range. Confused

And in this source they say you have an adjustable temperature, but then they say the temperature is:

Quote:
With a variable temperature of 750°F (400°C) and 1000°F (540°C) you can experiment with a number of different dabbing styles.

man ... I contacted the seller now. Maybe some of these sources are either old or sell older devices, as they seem to be around since at least 2 years.

PS: It seems as this is glass and not Titanium (very cool!) the downside is that it may eventually crack so you need replacement for that bowl. Still, most dabbers use way higher temperatures like 400 °C+. So I only using 260 °C as mentioned or less, then it may not even crack anytime or at least need 10x more runs. Confused

DeadDreams
#212 Posted : 1/25/2021 2:38:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
Wow this Vivant Incendio really catches my eye ...

I'm searching for a long time for an electric to-go mini-device, that uses a glass bowl.

Checking Ebay this description tells that the temperature Range is 70 - 220 °C. I think normally 220 would be more than enough, but you tell that 260 produces better results.

So any idea why that thing has a different temperature range?

On the product's own website they have a picture showing 850 °F in the display, which is 450 °C Shocked Shocked

https://www.vivant.com/products/incendiokit/#MODE

Super weird and this link on Amazon and also this seller tells that the Temperature Range is 315–450 °C WTF.

So in this case, then there is no down-range instead of no high-range. Confused

And in this source they say you have an adjustable temperature, but then they say the temperature is:

Quote:
With a variable temperature of 750°F (400°C) and 1000°F (540°C) you can experiment with a number of different dabbing styles.

man ... I contacted the seller now. Maybe some of these sources are either old or sell older devices, as they seem to be around since at least 2 years.

PS: It seems as this is glass and not Titanium (very cool!) the downside is that it may eventually crack so you need replacement for that bowl. Still, most dabbers use way higher temperatures like 400 °C+. So I only using 260 °C as mentioned or less, then it may not even crack anytime or at least need 10x more runs. Confused

If you go to their website and check under Firmware update, the latest update allows for a temp range of 232C to 427C. Until I found this update I was using Wattage mode as temp mode was too high. But with this firmware update it's perfect. https://www.vivant.com/firmware/incendio-battery/

You'll have to buy the kit which includes the glass bubbler and extra coil. I've used it probably close to 10 times now and the glass cup is still like new. Of course I clean it with an alcohol swab after every session.

PS - It only works with the glass bubbler and carb cap. The normal vape style cap doesn't create enough vacuum.

DeadDreams
#213 Posted : 1/25/2021 3:06:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Brenendes Wasser, I received your DM but as I am a new member I cant reply.

It doesn't work with the small tank. And it won't work with the temp control from another device, only wattage mode which isn't as ideal. I've tried.

The only way it works is with the dab kit, cap on and on 260C temp control (I haven't experimented with a higher temp as I can take a 30mg dose(and presumably more) in a few seconds) an that's fine with me.

It bypasses all the chaos and takes me straight into another dimension within seconds. No time for anxiety, fear, etc. It's just, "Oh s**t here I g..." and *poof* you're there clear as day, but in ultra HD.

Brennendes Wasser
#214 Posted : 1/25/2021 3:19:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

THX sounds super cool. Maybe I will give this once a go!

Last question:

The glass bucket seems to be in the middle of that head. It looks like it could spill over to the sides if you know what I mean. Could this happen with powder?

Should not be a problem with waxy resin, but with powdered material it could also land somewhere in the ring around the glass bucket, is that possible?
Brennendes Wasser attached the following image(s):
spilling.png (96kb) downloaded 264 time(s).

DeadDreams
#215 Posted : 1/25/2021 3:29:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
THX sounds super cool. Maybe I will give this once a go!

Last question:

The glass bucket seems to be in the middle of that head. It looks like it could spill over to the sides if you know what I mean. Could this happen with powder?

Should not be a problem with waxy resin, but with powdered material it could also land somewhere in the ring around the glass bucket, is that possible?

You keep it upright at all times. Once you load the spice and activate the temp control it liquifies before vaporizing. Once it starts to vaporize only then do you start inhaling. Just keep the device upright so the spice can vaporize uniformly, else it'll gather in a pile in one corner and you might burn some of it, who knows, it's just not ideal.

Nothing will spill unless you turn it upside down. Just load it into the bucket before you put the dab attachment on. Then put the cap on, do your breathing exercises and press the button when ready (2secs then release to activate temp control) and inhale when the vapour forms. You can see the vapour coming toward you whilst inhaling and you'll see when it's done, press the button to switch the temp control off while you're holding your hit in.

Brennendes Wasser
#216 Posted : 1/25/2021 4:33:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Yeah so I already thought about all that for handling this device, but the question is really just regarding the loading step.

So you say you load it, then you ...

But WHILE LOADING, could it happen that stuff may spill over? I mean you probably have a small spoon to do that, could it be a common thing to throw stuff besides the middle bucket while throwing it from top into that thing? Confused

DeadDreams
#217 Posted : 1/25/2021 4:43:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
Yeah so I already thought about all that for handling this device, but the question is really just regarding the loading step.

So you say you load it, then you ...

But WHILE LOADING, could it happen that stuff may spill over? I mean you probably have a small spoon to do that, could it be a common thing to throw stuff besides the middle bucket while throwing it from top into that thing? Confused

Use the dab spoon that comes in the kit. Use it to put the spice on a small tray/plate (size of a tea spoon) with a lip that comes with a mg scale. See here https://www.amazon.com/M...-Reloading/dp/B07HGYZ51V

You tilt the little tray with the lip against the glass cup and scrape the spice slowly into the cup. I've never messed anything.

๖ۣۜƤˢychᵒ0Rⱥttler
#218 Posted : 4/18/2021 2:49:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As a newbie, this will be a post that I'll be referring to regularly over the coming weeks. Thanks very much.

SawdustAndHoney
#219 Posted : 7/24/2021 3:18:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey,
I've had problems with the emesh since the beginning. When vaping ~15mg I can only feel very slight effects. I'm not able to inhale more than a tiny bit at a time as the vapor makes me cough. I installed a water bubbler but it doesn't help a lot. I vaporise it at 150C, but on 200C it doesn't work much better.

Any ideas?

Voidmatrix
#220 Posted : 7/24/2021 5:16:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

SawdustAndHoney wrote:
Hey,
I've had problems with the emesh since the beginning. When vaping ~15mg I can only feel very slight effects. I'm not able to inhale more than a tiny bit at a time as the vapor makes me cough. I installed a water bubbler but it doesn't help a lot. I vaporise it at 150C, but on 200C it doesn't work much better.

Any ideas?

I unfortunately cannot provide to much assistance with the emesh issue you're having. However, I recommend having this device on hand in case any emesh issues arise.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

«PREV910111213NEXT