We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Tepezcohuite is psychedelic but... Options

downwardsfromzero
#21 Posted : 1/16/2021 9:23:54 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Aeroman wrote:
I left the bark to soak in the acidic solution for around 56 hours, shaking/swirling the jar from time to time.

I started wondering if the the solution alone was enough for a cold extraction of the DMT from the bark, so I poured out the liquid without squeezing the pulp to test it, about 200 ml in total.

I added some red grape juice (ph 9) to neutralise the vinegar and improve the flavour, it really works well. It tastes like a sweet, woody flavoured tea instead of the nasty, sour, vinegary taste of a standard brew. There was less belching and stomach discomfort.

The effect was mildly psychedelic, some body vibrations, low intensity fractal visuals and I kept having awake dream like visions.

Perhaps a strain + squeeze would have increased the potency or just leaving it longer like a tincture preparation - from 2 weeks to a month for example.

I'm going to try the moka extraction experiment with the acid soaked pulp tonight, will report tomorrow.
So, to clarify - you drank a cold water extraction (CWE) of tepscohuite without MAOI and got a mild psychedelic effect? Or did you use any rue or caapi? How much bark did you use - was it the 45g you mention above?

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Aeroman
#22 Posted : 1/17/2021 9:52:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
So, to clarify - you drank a cold water extraction (CWE) of tepscohuite without MAOI and got a mild psychedelic effect? Or did you use any rue or caapi? How much bark did you use - was it the 45g you mention above?

I drank the cold water extraction with the same 45 grams of bark mentioned previously after a (4.5 grams of seeds) dose of Syrian Rue tea mixed with honey.

Unfortunately psychedelic espresso isn't a thing.
I prepared 3 x acid soaked bark espressos, collected the extractions in a pot and reduced the liquid down to 100 ml. After taking a 4.5 gram dose of Syrian Rue tea, I drank this 100 ml mixed with some red grape juice and waited for the trip.
Again, I felt a bit high but the DMT effects were lacking.

To make sure I'd get my trip, I had brewed up the remaining bark pulp in 1 litre of water + 2 tablespoons of white vinegar the normal way. I was curious to see if there was still any DMT left.
After an hour waiting for the espresso extraction's effects to get stronger, they had peaked so I drank this classic brew and that did get me tripping to a breakthrough threshold state.

So in conclusion, heating the bark in acidic water over long periods of time and squeezing the bark several times is the optimum method of extracting the DMT from tepezcohuite bark, hopefully someone will discover a faster method in future.

My next experiments will be focused on variations of the all day brewing method. I was thinking that smaller amounts of water and more squeezing might increase the DMT potency. For example, instead of using 2 litres of water which takes about 4 hours to evaporate, I could use 1 litre for each phase so then I'd be able to brew, strain and squeeze 4-6 times during a day

Aeroman
#23 Posted : 1/23/2021 8:25:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aeroman wrote:

My next experiments will be focused on variations of the all day brewing method. I was thinking that smaller amounts of water and more squeezing might increase the DMT potency. For example, instead of using 2 litres of water which takes about 4 hours to evaporate, I could use 1 litre for each phase so then I'd be able to brew, strain and squeeze 4-6 times during a day

That didn't work! Thumbs down

My thinking was that squeezing the bark more might extract more goodies however my trip was sub-psychedelic again. I should state that I didn't test the same batch of bark with a standard preparation so don't know how potent it might be.

I used 25 grams of tepezcohuite powdered bark, then added 1 litre with 2 tablespoons of white vinegar for each brewing phase. The first 3 phases were successful, I timed the first, then for the following phases I used my smartphone timer, however on the 4th phase I had forgotten to set the timer and ended up letting all the liquid evaporate. The bark was still a bit moist and the temperature setting was low so I was hoping that there wouldn't be any heat degradation, I did another 3 phases then collected all for reduction.

The problems I encountered with this preparation method are the increased likelihood of making mistakes, it requires more monitoring and focus, I think that the increased duration at lower water levels might heat up the bark excessively.

My next attempt will be the opposite, I'm going to fill my 5 litre pot with 50 grams of bark which should take 8+ hours to evaporate down. I'll test the strength of one long brewing phase first by drinking half the reduced brew
If it's weak, I'll do a second long brew and add that.
It's more like the traditional ayahuasca preparation method and only requires sporadic stirring and monitoring of the liquid level/temperature at the end.

downwardsfromzero
#24 Posted : 1/24/2021 11:14:09 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Aeroman wrote:
I should state that I didn't test the same batch of bark with a standard preparation so don't know how potent it might be.
Yeah, best to stick to the tried and tested procedure for the first go with a new batch. Then you won't be altering more than one variable at once.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

DrknChildlike
#25 Posted : 1/26/2021 6:58:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When I do dmt extractions I put my bark into a giant mason jar with paper medical tape over a whole in the top on both sides to keep particles and water in but ssteam and air can vent thus not explode, just like when I make grain spawn for mushrooms.

I add 100-200 ml white vinegar and This will lyse the cells of the bark and transfer goodies to the vinegar.. I do this at 15 psi the same as grain spawn and I get such good results that I only do one wash of the material. Dmt can stand some pretty amazing temps it should seem... I am honestly skeptical about your writing about losing potency with temps.. Ive never done aya brew tho so..

Perhaps you havent experimented with higher temps enough?

Do you really think it is a different chemical/ compound or perhaps the dmt is trapped?

* I have no clue just adding something to think about.

Aeroman
#26 Posted : 1/26/2021 8:27:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DrknChildlike wrote:

Perhaps you havent experimented with higher temps enough?

Do you really think it is a different chemical/ compound or perhaps the dmt is trapped?

* I have no clue just adding something to think about.

The highest temperature I've tried is 100°C - when the brew started boiling. I've also experimented with gentle simmering. There is definitely a loss of potency from boiling or after evaporating dry the mix, I have experienced this several times now. I'm not sure in what form the DMT becomes available, DMT acetate maybe?

My latest brew seemed to work well, 50 grams of bark brewed in 4.5 litres of ph 3.5 deionised water/vinegar solution. With the temperature set to sub-simmer, it took 10 hours 30 to evaporate down to 100ml of concentrated bark tea.

It was quite potent, body was buzzing, felt quite high. It was psychedelic but I didn't see any DMT fractals again, I'm wondering whether adding red grape juice changes the chemical make up, I'm going to avoid it with the remaining 50% of this batch.

Aeroman
#27 Posted : 1/28/2021 11:00:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I took the remaining half of my latest brew and I decided to do a 2nd brewing phase with the remaning bark pulp, this time with just 2 litres of tap water.

I consumed all of it after taking a strong 6 gram of seeds, Syrian Rue tea.

Once again the effects seemed to come on quickly and felt like the beginning of a strong trip however there was no trippin, just a strong 'high' feeling with mild body buzzing.

Clearly the batch of bark I used barely had any DMT in it. Luckily it was very cheap and sold in 50 gram packets. My first experiment I decided to brew 10 grams of bark (different source) and that was enough to get me into the DMT zone, with vivid DMT fractal visuals, visions, bliss...etc

I still haven't tried a full potency MHRB brew. I read that 10 grams of bark is considered very strong, can anyone confirm? How much would you need for a breakthrough dose?

Aeroman
#28 Posted : 2/11/2021 2:16:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aeroman wrote:

I still haven't tried a full potency MHRB brew. I read that 10 grams of bark is considered very strong, can anyone confirm? How much would you need for a breakthrough dose?

I had the opportunity to try a Mimosa hostilis root bark brew so I received answers to my question.
I took a brew made from 5 grams of bark, WOW!
It was stronger than my epic 25g tepezcohuite bark trip from a few months ago, nausea was greater, I even experienced "la purga" as I entred the multi-dimensional state. My body was buzzing like crazy as I continued beyond that and eventually reached a new god-like state, I didn't stay there for long, and I don't remember much about it, just that it was extremely intense. I suspect a few more grams of bark will keep me there longer. After I dropped out of that, I ended up in a state where I wasn't sure if I was alive or dead, it was quite scary until I started focusing on breathing through my nose, feeling the air flow made me realise that I was still alive.

If I had started oral DMT with the same stuff, I would have been terrified. The gentler tepezcohuite trips are a good way to discover what oral DMT trips are all about.

Aeroman
#29 Posted : 6/6/2021 7:09:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I learned something new about the brewing technique I have been using.

The last batch made from 10 grams of root bark brew seemed to be sub-psychedelic (I spilt it into two trips), I think this might be due to straining out the fine root pulp, most of the DMT seems to be contained there.

I still had a mild trip without visuals but some visions, I vaped some spice to get some but they didn't last very long.

For those who have taken authentic ayahuasca, what is the liquid texture like? Is there always some sediment at the bottom?

PREV12