We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Peculiar sensations and a difficult experience Options

Just.Ask.The.Axis
#1 Posted : 12/11/2019 3:52:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey all, it's good to be back around here after a little time away. During some of my experiences I've been feeling some strange sensations in my head. It can feel like my mind gets a tweak or surge of energy. I've had this going on for years, but in different degrees and it comes and goes. Sometimes I have felt this sensation during the next morning.

The last time I drank some lemon tea with 3.25 grams of hawaiian cubensis, the surge of energy hit my mind hard and fast, within about 30 minutes and after smoking some cannabis I felt my brain shutter for a split second. I panicked and thought that this meant that I was going to pass out or something. I was feeling doomed and did not want to scare my girlfriend so I said that we should head back to the bedroom and lay down. She walked back first and I was in the living room by myself for a moment. The thoughts got heavy and I was feeling very tense. The darker the thoughts got the more tense I became. The thoughts had a theme of "you've pushed it too far, you've been right this whole time, something is wrong, we shouldn't feel these weird sensations."

I really wasn't feeling anything odd after the initial wave of energy. But when I felt it, I panicked without alerting my girlfriend. I made it back to the bedroom without any issues and I went through an emotionally heavy but beautiful trip as I unwinded from all the tension that I created during my little freakout. It took hours but after calming down and talking this through with my gf, I started feeling completely fine but the trip keep coming in waves and didn't wear down for a long time. Each wave was a little bit overwhelming and brought me back to the edge of tension. Around the 5 hour mark we ate some fruit and then laid in bed and tried to sleep. I had a lot of amazing insights and I am still feeling the after glow, even though this was one the most difficult trips I've experienced.

I'm really curious if anyone can relate to these strange sensations. I am also curious if I will encoutner this again on my next journey. The insights on a bad trip are powerful, so I can't say that I would change anything, but I would love to know what these peculiar feelings are due to.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DeDao
#2 Posted : 12/11/2019 4:02:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard of this.. atleast something that sounds similar.

I can't say I've experienced it.

But, I remember terence mckenna speaking about brain zaps. I couldn't find the audio witha quick search but did find this :

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=57783

https://www.shroomery.or...flat.php/Number/18666567

Be safe and take care of yourself.

-following to see what you say Smile -
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Just.Ask.The.Axis
#3 Posted : 12/13/2019 1:10:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DeDao, thank you for the reply and kind words. It seems as though others have experienced this as well. I will definitely update this post after taking some time off to get back to baseline. I think some of this may have been exaggerated by heavy use. I've been going on journey's weekly for 2 months and recently ingested some mdma. I knew coming to the nexus would provide some help, this place is priceless.

Thanks again

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 12/13/2019 6:14:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing this. I also am integrating an intense psychedelic experience I had recently. By the way, I love your username. Life changed forever the day an 18 year old Tony6Strings ate 1/8th oz cubensis and listened to Axis: Bold As Love. That was when I knew I wanted to be a guitar player.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

AikyO
#5 Posted : 12/14/2019 11:50:37 AM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

Psychedelics provoke hyper sensitivity and awareness of bodily function that were until then unknown to the conscious self. This might give new prioperception of the body among other things and as the information cannot be made sense of in a coherent way, either right then or for some time latter on, it creates fear and makes a good medium for projection. The change in the perception of the body is inevitably linked with the dread of destiny, death and assert a point of no return.

Eventually you might have such perceptions again. Psychedelics have you have very advanced state of meditation and self awareness, in a utmost synesthetic manner which is profoundly overwhelmingly everythingly, either you go down the road of getting ever more precise sensation and it becoming your daily state of awareness - without being overwhelming and synesthetic (that is useful for self exploration but not for on the go), or you might better off saying "I don't know" and keeping at that.

This process off sensitivividness is not really a progression as it is a return. In that sense, to really fit in the body, and that is the hallmark of the hyperspace experience, is to unmade knots that had been made and to face mind boggles that are both very personal and yet highly cultural, because psychology is always a body function and our culture conditioned our relationship to our body. Because the body is the support of the mind, the projection it makes into itself can be very damaging if taken to seriously.
安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

Just.Ask.The.Axis
#6 Posted : 1/23/2021 6:22:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there, I wanted to come back to this post and provide some updates. I'm experiencing tis sensations anymore. I believe that my body needed a break. After a few months of sobriety, I do not feel or notice anything out of the ordinary. Thanks for reading this, I appreciate this group so much!

Exitwound
#7 Posted : 1/30/2021 6:33:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just.Ask.The.Axis wrote:
Hey there, I wanted to come back to this post and provide some updates. I'm experiencing tis sensations anymore. I believe that my body needed a break. After a few months of sobriety, I do not feel or notice anything out of the ordinary. Thanks for reading this, I appreciate this group so much!

Glad to hear your are doing well! I can totally relate to this Smile

And thank you for an update, because I have just re-read AikyO-s post and it is probably the most underappreciated post of 2019, just mindblowing, re-quoting it:

AikyO wrote:
Psychedelics provoke hyper sensitivity and awareness of bodily function that were until then unknown to the conscious self. This might give new prioperception of the body among other things and as the information cannot be made sense of in a coherent way, either right then or for some time latter on, it creates fear and makes a good medium for projection. The change in the perception of the body is inevitably linked with the dread of destiny, death and assert a point of no return.

Eventually you might have such perceptions again. Psychedelics have you have very advanced state of meditation and self awareness, in a utmost synesthetic manner which is profoundly overwhelmingly everythingly, either you go down the road of getting ever more precise sensation and it becoming your daily state of awareness - without being overwhelming and synesthetic (that is useful for self exploration but not for on the go), or you might better off saying "I don't know" and keeping at that.

This process off sensitivividness is not really a progression as it is a return. In that sense, to really fit in the body, and that is the hallmark of the hyperspace experience, is to unmade knots that had been made and to face mind boggles that are both very personal and yet highly cultural, because psychology is always a body function and our culture conditioned our relationship to our body. Because the body is the support of the mind, the projection it makes into itself can be very damaging if taken to seriously.

You really have put it into words! All of what you wrote makes sense to me Love