CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The phoenix effect, psychedelic induced critical learning period.. Options

Fruit is life
#1 Posted : 1/22/2021 5:53:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Psychedelics may induce the same state of mind as the childhood critical period of learning and development. The flexibility and fluidity of this state of mind may be key to the way humans develop, including with learning language and perception. We may be able to use drug-induced critical periods to accelerate language learning or promote the development of savant-like skills in adults. In this post we will explore this notion of psychedelic critical periods and the kinds of similarities and utilities of these states of consciousness"

https://mad.science.blog.../26/the-phoenix-effect/

I know myself, I feel like a very young child especially whilst using DMT, my behaviour and those who I have observed act in ways very reminiscent of young childeren with juvenile, more structurally uniform brains..
https://www.instagram.co...E/?igshid=1uyize23lfkwb ...pretty funny..
The self that talks doesn't know, the self that knows doesn't talk.

Trippy glass for trippy people.

Woolmer
#2 Posted : 1/22/2021 8:53:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have definitely felt like my child self on psychedelics. One experience with mescaline left me with a feeling of hopelessness that felt so terrifyingly nostalgic to my childhood. It was probably the most difficult experience I have had.

Fruit is life
#3 Posted : 1/22/2021 8:56:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's very interesting, how much mescaline did you dose? I am yet to go above 400mg...
The self that talks doesn't know, the self that knows doesn't talk.

Woolmer
#4 Posted : 1/22/2021 10:25:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No idea about the mescaline content... but it was around 3 feet of Pachanoi. I don't think the mescaline content was high at all because I did not have very strong visuals. The trip seemed to last almost a whole day, with most of the visuals fading after 10 hours. It gave a very stoned effect and something in my mind clicked ensuing a feeling of hopelessness which was hard to combat for at least 6 months. It came in waves and as time passed and I worked on integration the frequency of these episodes decreased. It created thought loops not unlike those I experienced as a child when insomnia took hold, except now with a "more" developed mind it seemed these loops could develop further and cause more suffering.

I still don't quite understand what happened. Perhaps there were other alkaloids at play affecting my brain chemistry, but I suspect it was something that I agitated and made up in my mind.