We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ideal changa ratio Options

Lampeyelittle
#1 Posted : 9/21/2020 4:02:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Most guides say 2:1 or 1:1 plant matter to DMT, but what have you guys tried?
"And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

observe
#2 Posted : 9/21/2020 2:07:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

When making changa my only concern about ratio was too much herb material making breakthrough impossible. If you are not looking to breakthrough making a blend with more herbs will make it harder to accidentally overshoot. After collecting my yield of dmt in a cup I add 1g of mullein and a couple ml of acetone allow full absorption then full evaporation. No matter how much dmt is in the cup I add 1g of mullein because 1g of mullein completely covers the bottom of the cup. Though its not enough to absorb several grams of dmt the dmt will still coat the exterior and be in a more workable form. I use this changa sparingly on a bed of peppermint so the excess dmt runs into the peppermint which cools the smoke. As for adding freebase harmalas, I always have went heavy on harmalas which made for much longer and stronger experiences. I would recommend finding how much harmala freebase your subjectively comfortable with in combination with dmt. Goodluck!

strtman
#3 Posted : 9/21/2020 4:02:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My changa is a composed mixture of plain caapi leaves and DMT. From the beginning until recently the ratio was 1 : 1 but now it is a combination of 70% caapi and 30% DMT.

I do not know if there is a connection or that it is pure coincidence, but the new combination creates vague visuals in beautiful monochrome green colors. I got used to see an abundance of multiple bright colors so it feels as if a new world opened up for me. It strikes me as more magical.

Needless to say that the new combination is favorite.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Jozeh
#4 Posted : 9/21/2020 6:23:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Definitely needs some juggling based on use-case. e.g strong one hit pipe changa vs a changa joint. Some good suggestions here:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...sts&t=27537&p=13

Trialing a 50%,30%,20% Leaf,DMT,Harmalas.

monomind
#5 Posted : 9/22/2020 8:52:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As others mentioned... experimentation is a must if you want to find out what works for you best.
Mine happen to be around 1:1:1. But I am very sensitive to dmt...
More dmt in the mix and it overpowers the trip. Less dmt and the harmalas will take over.
At 1:1:1 I found there is a synergy and a perfect dance between them.
I also smoke it slowly... going deeper and deeper as much as I wish.

Amount of leaf material is less important... my preferred amount is such that minimizes the amount of smoke inhaled yet provides a good and easy burn when flame is applied.

Good Luck in your voyages Thumbs up

KuzeMaf
#6 Posted : 11/17/2020 10:41:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's all about intention.

For sub breakthrough experiences (which can still be highly visual and quite profound) I prefer 20-30% DMT, whereas for Breakthrough I find 50% dmt (or 1:1) is more than enough for breakthroughs.

I am still living and learning though, and maybe next year I'll have different preferences.

As Julian Palmer once said "Good Changa Blends are like fine wines." ......*not verbatim

Light and Love and Travel Well
All is the one....One is the all.

Math. Simple math looks infinite to me.

changaforchange
#7 Posted : 1/18/2021 10:10:39 AM

changaforchange

KuzeMaf wrote:

I am still living and learning though, and maybe next year I'll have different preferences.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I've been smoking changa for about 5 years now and certainly the way I smoke has changed a lot during this time.

I've tried many different blends and ratios, dmt% and harmalas% now are making the real difference in terms of experience intensity.

In my opinion it is very good to try different mixes and blends in order to find our own ideal way to work with the medicine.

Safe travels brothers and sisters.
changa is my medicine

BongQuixote
#8 Posted : 1/18/2021 10:22:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I do 5:1:1 herb, DMT, harmine. It depends a lot of what kind of leaf you are smoking, but using lavender or tobacco, 250mg is not a lot of leaf and delivers a 50mg DMT experience in a few hits if you so like. Making it stronger than that makes dosing tricky, especially if you're smoking it out of a regular tobacco wooden pipe. Even with this conservative ratio, I managed to put myself into white noise land with one hit by putting too much tobacco in the pipe.