We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Mysterium Tremendum et Fascinans: An Introduction for a New Member Options

Abaris
#1 Posted : 12/20/2020 6:42:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

…the transcendent) appears as a mysterium tremendum et fascinans—that is, a mystery before which humanity both trembles and is fascinated, is both repelled and attracted.

From Rudolph Otto

Greetings fellow explorers,

Here is my intro to further my application for membership:

I'm a long time explorer of consciousness and facilitator of an Entheogen Discussions and Support Group and a member of various associations for Psychedelic Studies. I received my M.A. in East West Psychology from CIIS in San Francisco with a focus on Ecopsychology and Sacred Narratives. I also received a B.A. from Goddard College in Vermont with a focus on Psychology of Creativity and Consciousness. At the ripe age of 16years old I began exploring meditation, yoga and dreams. In early university I had my first significant experiences with cannabis, LSD, mushrooms, float tanks and Kundalini Yoga.

While living for a year surrounded by farmland I sat and meditated by a river, watched the seasons change, the cycles of the moon and discovered that Nature was a significant part of our Collective Unconscious. At Goddard I explored improvisational dance and the deep quiet voices of the forests during the day and the primal mysteries that arose in the dark of the night.

I traveled throughout India and lived in Dharamsala for several months, studying Tibetan Buddhism before going to CIIS in San Francisco. While there, I began combining mushrooms with sacred spaces and ecstatic music performances like Ragas, Space at Grateful Dead shows and Planet Drum.

My most recent experiences have been with and exploration of the conscious use of cannabis, meditation, microdosing and high dose mushrooms, writing science fiction novels and poetry, making psychedelic art and being nature. A profound experience with DMT inspired me to form the Entheogen Discussion group in my city to provide support, education, integration and community for people exploring growth, healing through profound experiences of consciousness. Currently, I am deep into a Phenomenological Study of Complex and Detailed DMT experiences resulting in what I call the Many Worlds Theory of DMT.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

TGO
#2 Posted : 1/17/2021 9:12:21 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Hello, welcome to the forum and congrats on gaining full membership!

I'm sure many of us here would be interested in hearing more about your various endeavors, especially the entheogenic discussion group and the "Many Worlds Theory of DMT." I think it is great that you've put together a harm-reduction resource for your local community to engage in. In time, I hope to see resources like this everywhere, in all communities.

Anyway, it is nice to meet you and I'll see you around the forum!

-TGO
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 1/21/2021 11:57:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Your intro is humblingSmile and is very beautiful. I too would like to hear more, from your experiences and education to the groups you have created and facilitation you perform. I am thankful for individuals like you.

Welcome, and congratulations friend. Big grin

Be well

One love.
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Abaris
#4 Posted : 1/22/2021 1:04:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, participating in an Entheogen Discussion group or Integration Circle is a deeply humbling and educational experience. Having mostly tripped with friends or on my own this has been a big change. I've met some deep explorers who on average do 10+gms of shrooms every couple of weeks and claims to regularly do astral travel and lucid dreaming, some artists who low dose simply to experience beauty and many folks who take mdma and mushrooms for healing emotional issues, addiction, ptsd and abuse.

Made some new friends... a guy in his 60's who worked contruction most of his life then quit and did 37 ayahuasca sessions in a year and fasts in the desert. He recently had a stroke and has been taking Lions Mane to successfully regain neurological health. There's been a few therapists and aspiring trip sitters in training. We talk a lot about integration.

Studying as CIIS was a mixed bag. Some of the highlights were taking classes with Grof and Metzner, although neither talked about psychedelics in class. It's a shame that people like Ken Wilbur never took psychedelics. He needs to. Most of the Transpersonal Psychology classes at the time were what we would call Perrenialism... all roads lead to the same God, the same place. It's seductive but boring and lots of Yoga devotees focused on purity and avoid psychedelics because they believe they lead to delusion and confusion... (snore). Now the school has a Psychedelic Psychotherapy program. While that's good in some ways, there is no focus on creativity, exploration and the path of the psychonaut.

David Luke's DMT Dialogues at at Tyringham Hall were enjoyable and brought forward the vision of a horizontal shamanic multiverse instead of the vertical hierarchical vision of the Great Chain of Being. DMT and high dose mushrooms I've found bring forward a different cosmos like Terence's Universe as Novelty Engine. I call this an Ecology of Consciousness. And my latest pet theory is that we live in a Virtual Multiverse inside a Blackhole.. as described in the Transcension Hypothesis.

https://youtu.be/nQOyJUDTKdM

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 2/6/2021 7:51:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

My apologies for my delayed response. I saw your response and wanted to have a sincere response, not one rushed by proxy by the hustle and bustle of life.

There's quite a bit of wonderful experience under your belt and that's awesome. You've given me some stuff to look up and further my growth, so thank you. For me, it's really good to hear there's so much going on to partake in related to psychedelic experience and immersion.

Did you do all of your ayahuasca sessions abroad?

I used to be on the heavy mushroom train, but as I've aged, have seemingly lost the confidence for heavier dosing. Working back up though. I'm in no rush.

Same goes for deems.

What was your favorite program of study from the ones you've mentioned? I enjoy the balance of reflection in your posts, noting the positives and negatives of your experience.

One love
D
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Ramma
#6 Posted : 2/7/2021 1:23:52 AM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

Abaris wrote:
It's seductive but boring and lots of Yoga devotees focused on purity and avoid psychedelics because they believe they lead to delusion and confusion... (snore).

Theres a very solid logic behihd that, that as a serious psychonaut even I must accept if I am to honorably persue truth through right logic. However, yoga would fall into the label of delusion and confsion as well following the logic used there.
Behold, a sower went out to sow