We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5 meo dmt synthesis experiences Options

Smoker root
#1 Posted : 1/16/2021 3:54:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone. I wanted to know your experiencies doing the reduction of mexamine to 5 meo dmt using nabh4. Please share lab notes and any advice thnk!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Brennendes Wasser
#2 Posted : 1/17/2021 12:57:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 1/17/2021 1:32:39 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

2.12 No synthesis talk that uses dangerous/watched chemicals and procedures
Pretty hard to do this synthesis without using some kind of dangerous chemicals, unfortunately. Still, it's a bit of a vague situation considering how discussion of harmaline reduction is tolerated even though, technically, zinc powder is a dangerous substance and so is hydrochloric acid.

Is sodium borohydride more dangerous than that? Maybe about the same, although the use of methanol as a solvent in the reaction adds a toxicity and flammability hazard (in addition to that of the evolution of hydrogen).

You'd need to check local laws to see what is on the list of watched chemicals for your locality.

Didn't Hamilton Morris' video contain enough info for you? What he did was a pretty standard procedure without significant complications. It doesn't particularly even need an inert atmosphere, for example.

Asking for synth advice on this forum tends to rather suggest that you perhaps shouldn't try this, however.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Smoker root
#4 Posted : 1/17/2021 2:12:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Is sodium borohydride more dangerous than that? Maybe about the same, although the use of methanol as a solvent in the reaction adds a toxicity and flammability hazard (in addition to that of the evolution of hydrogen).

Didn't Hamilton Morris' video contain enough info for you? What he did was a pretty standard procedure without significant complications. It doesn't particularly even need an inert atmosphere, for example.

I belive it is still a quite dangerous substance but something any amateur can handle. It is not watched.

I saw hamiltons pharmacopedia episode and know the reaction(the same as dmt but different molarities) but will like to know of any experiences

Smoker root
#5 Posted : 1/17/2021 2:14:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
Synthesis talk is not allowed bro Thumbs down

But at the end of the day is the only viable option to conserve 5 meo dmt. As hamilton said in the documentary. At least in my country more of it is coming each day, and I know a person that has toads and is worried that they are close to extinction

Mindlusion
#6 Posted : 1/17/2021 2:18:11 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Pretty hard to do this synthesis without using some kind of dangerous chemicals, unfortunately. Still, it's a bit of a vague situation considering how discussion of harmaline reduction is tolerated even though, technically, zinc powder is a dangerous substance and so is hydrochloric acid.

DFZ is right, this reaction is extremely exothermic, since it relies on massive excess of CH2O and NaBH4, which react with eachother to produce immense heat and hydrogen gas. Which means if it's a runaway, and you dont have ventiliation, it can easily self ignite and kill you. I couldn't in good conscious recommend it to someone without proper experience and knowledge of whats happening... its an easy reaction to screw up, and i've seen better chemists do stupider things
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Smoker root
#7 Posted : 1/17/2021 2:54:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mindlusion wrote:

DFZ is right, this reaction is extremely exothermic, since it relies on massive excess of CH2O and NaBH4, which react with eachother to produce immense heat and hydrogen gas. Which means if it's a runaway, and you dont have ventiliation, it can easily self ignite and kill you. I couldn't in good conscious recommend it to someone without proper experience and knowledge of whats happening... its an easy reaction to screw up, and i've seen better chemists do stupider things

Have you done this reaction? Can you share your lab notes? Experience etc?

β—‹
#8 Posted : 1/17/2021 3:51:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

You'd need to check local laws to see what is on the list of watched chemicals for your locality.

Asking for synth advice on this forum tends to rather suggest that you perhaps shouldn't try this, however.

Mindlusion wrote:

To the OP, what's been said has been said for this I think.

Locked.