We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pharma Advice Options

00Burnout
#1 Posted : 1/16/2021 9:04:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My girlfriend and I had our first pharma experience last night. We both took 200mg of harmalas from rue (approx 2:1 harmine and harmaline hcl) in oj, 100mg at a time separated by 20 minutes and 50mg dmt freebase 10 minutes after the last harmala dose. We both had pretty intense trips (I at one point was on here trying to find sublingual dosage info, and all the words got super small and it was like trying to read an alien language, and had other spectacular OEV and CEV). Unfortunately my girlfriend got extremely nauseous and spent 4 hours purging. I came close myself several times because of how nauseous I was.

Neither of us experience nausea using harmalas sublingually, but I can't find any solid dosing info. We take 30mg sublingually before smoalking and definitely notice potentiation, but would that be enough to activate the dmt orally? Would I need to take more dmt to achieve similar effects, or what would be an adequate sublingual dosage of harmalas be?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

BongQuixote
#2 Posted : 1/16/2021 9:22:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cut out the harmaline next time and do 200mg harmine instead. That's enough for MAOI purposes and should help with the nausea. I have purged from harmaline more times than I want to recall before I figured that out. Or convert your harmaline to THH for an even better experience. Can't advise on the sublingual use, never tried it, sorry about that.

ShamensStamen
#3 Posted : 1/16/2021 11:01:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes Harmaline has more of a purgative effect than Harmine but Harmine can still make people vomit if the dosage is high enough, but cutting back on the Harmaline should help, or try adding 10 drops of Limonene to the mix which will block out nausea/vomiting completely. I recommend keeping at least some Harmaline in the mix as Harmaline has some benefits that Harmine doesn't, and Harmaline also has relaxative/anti-anxiety properties and makes the experience a bit more dreamy and laid back, whereas Harmine doesn't. A good ratio of Harmalas together can make a good bit of difference.

BongQuixote
#4 Posted : 1/16/2021 11:05:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ShamensStamen wrote:
Yes Harmaline has more of a purgative effect than Harmine but Harmine can still make people vomit if the dosage is high enough, but cutting back on the Harmaline should help, or try adding 10 drops of Limonene to the mix which will block out nausea/vomiting completely. I recommend keeping at least some Harmaline in the mix as Harmaline has some benefits that Harmine doesn't, and Harmaline also has relaxative/anti-anxiety properties and makes the experience a bit more dreamy and laid back, whereas Harmine doesn't. A good ratio of Harmalas together can make a good bit of difference.

Yes, agreed. I've been doing 175mg harmine, 175mg THH and 20mg harmaline which works well for me.

00Burnout
#5 Posted : 1/17/2021 6:56:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the help you guys. It'll probably be a minute before she takes another pharma journey. It might be something I revisit when I have a day off by myself, I'm not afraid of purging, though it's a much more gentle process for me than it is for her.

Definitely gotta say I enjoy pharma much more than smoalking.

BongQuixote
#6 Posted : 1/17/2021 12:23:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A good dose of harmalas will enhance not only DMT, but pretty much any psychoactive substance. Works great before mushrooms, extending and making the trip stronger. Weed too. It provides a good foundation, so if I'm planning on doing something later in the evening I take them a few hours before. I also often do harmalas by themselves, which makes for a nice relaxing time. I don't know if they are technically psychedelic, but doing 200mg harmine and 200mg THH definitely makes for some interesting thought patterns and increased creativity. If I want the harmaline feeling of being all electric, buzzing in the ears, dazed and confused, 50mg or so is quite enjoyable by itself. More than that and I get sick.

00Burnout
#7 Posted : 1/17/2021 6:13:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I've done caapi and mushrooms a couple of times. It's one of my favorite things to do with harmalas. I noticed that potentiation with cannabis when I was using harmalas sublingually, and I do enjoy the calming effect harmalas have on their own. It really helps with anxiety

BongQuixote
#8 Posted : 1/17/2021 8:51:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Agree 100% about the anxiety.