We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings Options

shroombee
#1 Posted : 1/9/2021 2:11:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello All!

I have been an off and on practitioner of plant medicines since 2003. Over the years I have read thousands of posts on the various message boards. I have never felt it necessary to post because I was always able to find answers to my questions. Or I preferred to try the teks or experience the effects of the medicines before chiming in from my (at the time) limited perspective.

Some of my history with plant medicines: I began growing shrooms in 2003 and was an early adopter of the now common practice of using coco coir for substrate. I have a laminar flow hood and have cloned desirable genetics using agar. I first prepared mescaline tea from Peruvian Torch in 2004, and in 2014 began extracting mescaline with 69ron's tek using limonene and purifying it using acetone and IPA. In 2020 I became interested in DMT so I extracted DMT as Jimjam from MHRB using q21q21's vinegar/lime A/B tek.

Through regular meditation and grounding practices, my mind is fairly stable on these medicines. In other words, I find it difficult to believe I would ever have a "bad" trip, at least with any somewhat reasonable amount of medicine. For example, I am able to comfortably enjoy a triple heroic dose (15 dry grams) on shrooms. I haven't tried strong doses of DMT yet. I'm still taking time to learn and respect its effects.

I enjoyed answering the questions in the Nexus new member questionnaire. Although time consuming, I did learn a lot by researching the questions. I probably would not have learned so much, in so many areas, had it not been part of the new member process.

Going on 18 years of psychedelic practice, I feel I might have some observations to share. And specific questions related to my now more seasoned experience. So I'm hoping to make the proper contributions to the Nexus that will eventually lead to my being able to post to the regular forum areas as a full member.

Best regards!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Underclocked
#2 Posted : 1/9/2021 8:06:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First off welcome.....

I have a question and I feel like I will ask this alot after this.... Please explain your first experience after taking the molecule? (DMT) How did you fell!?

shroombee
#3 Posted : 1/11/2021 1:29:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for reading my intro and replying.

My first experience smoking DMT was a little scary. I felt some fear at the onset.

I smoked jimjam from a glass vapor genie, lying in bed. Set several screens into the pipe and then added a liquid pad on top that was loaded with 40 mg of red goo acetate jimjam. After using a torch with the flame running across the top of the bowl and failing to get enough heat through the ceramic filter, I realized I needed to point the flame directly at the filter until it glowed. Then inhale. At least I believe that was moderately effective. I didn't have anyone around to teach me.

As I felt the onset of the trip, I closed my eyes, my heart started beating faster, and I heard an inner voice say "I don't like this". I think I had this fear that I was going on a ride and wouldn't be back. Then the black and white / colored kaleidoscope squares and lala land hit and I relaxed into it. It reminded me a little of doing nitrous oxide hits (whip cream cartridges) back in the day. Kind of a dissociative effect that I hadn't experienced since around 2004. I hardly get any visuals on shrooms or mescaline these days - even on mega doses. So the full CEV took me by surprise. I know this wasn't a breakthrough. Just an introductory experience.

I don't know how long the trip lasted. Probably a few minutes? Just a guess. I should time it in the future. As I came back down I felt calm and relaxed. I stayed with that feeling for a while. Then got up and weighed the liquid pad. I had only vaporized 12 mg of the product. Since that first time I've taken a few additional trips. Each time I'm vaporizing about 12 mg. I probably need to work on my smoking technique.

I'll continue a slow experimentation with DMT. I'm not going for a breakthrough experience right now. I'm sure it'll happen as I become comfortable with it.

aethereon
#4 Posted : 1/13/2021 5:43:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it can help a bit if you gently pre heat the bottom of the ceramic filter first... just don’t directly heat the glass too much if you’re using a torch. Just some quick passes. It helps making vapor earlier in the draw. My GVG broke but I still have that ceramic/glass top bit. I was careless with it on several occasions and eventually it wore out its “lives" Pleased 15 is a pretty heroic shroom odyssey. Laughing Getting back to the molecule, it is downright zany...utterly divine and cosmic stuff Thumbs up

grimlid
#5 Posted : 1/14/2021 9:11:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to you, Im new also....In my limited experience I would say that 15 g dried shrooms handled would indicate a readiness for nn dmt. I tried 7 grams dried prior to DMT use. 30 years ago in high school I did a super ultra heroic dose hoping to meet Carlos Castaneda somewhere after reading the teachings of don Juan (with zero preparation, as shrooms grow wild in my area). I recovered but it took quite some time before I had the kahunas to attempt shroomery (30 years lol). sounds like you are well prepared.
One thing I can testify to is that with NNDMT if things arent going well at least you know its going to end soon (if you can make sense of time in the trip) where with shrooms or lsd you are locked in for up to God only knows how long of a trip.
"I think; therefore I might be."

shroombee
#6 Posted : 1/16/2021 2:17:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

aethereon wrote:
I think it can help a bit if you gently pre heat the bottom of the ceramic filter first... just don’t directly heat the glass too much if you’re using a torch. Just some quick passes. It helps making vapor earlier in the draw.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will try that.

aethereon wrote:
15 is a pretty heroic shroom odyssey. Laughing Getting back to the molecule, it is downright zany...utterly divine and cosmic stuff Thumbs up

Yes, 15 dry grams is fun. I accidentally did 14 grams many years ago when I was a shroom newbie and it was a nightmare. My mind created the narrative that I was being tortured in hell and I would never get out. Twisted Evil Fortunately I recovered that night during the comedown and had no negative hangover due to the bad trip. I stayed away from shrooms for many years, preferring mescaline for its more gentle nature. In 2020 I started using shrooms regularly again, meditating for 2 hours before and then 2 hours after ingestion so I could condition my mind to the influence and to practice intense mindfulness. Thus 15 grams became "easy".

This past weekend I tried 187 fresh grams, which I calculated to be equivalent to 15 dry grams. Nope. Not even close. Shocked This is a subject for another post. Laughing

shroombee
#7 Posted : 1/16/2021 2:29:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

grimlid wrote:
Welcome to you, Im new also....In my limited experience I would say that 15 g dried shrooms handled would indicate a readiness for nn dmt. I tried 7 grams dried prior to DMT use. 30 years ago in high school I did a super ultra heroic dose hoping to meet Carlos Castaneda somewhere after reading the teachings of don Juan (with zero preparation, as shrooms grow wild in my area). I recovered but it took quite some time before I had the kahunas to attempt shroomery (30 years lol). sounds like you are well prepared.
One thing I can testify to is that with NNDMT if things arent going well at least you know its going to end soon (if you can make sense of time in the trip) where with shrooms or lsd you are locked in for up to God only knows how long of a trip.

Thanks - welcome to you too! I love your attempt to meet Carlos Castaneda. Very happy His preferred plant medicine was peyote (mescaline). Also my favorite for its relatively gentle nature and the length of the journey: 12-16 hours which can be extended.

My method thus far for ensuring good journeys is careful dosage, regular practice so I stay familiar with the effects, integration through journaling, and a lot of meditation. I'm looking forward to working more with DMT.

sbios
#8 Posted : 1/20/2021 4:28:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome! & as far as I know the purer the dmt is the less body load you'd get from the other plant molecules.

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 1/21/2021 10:04:42 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Welcome and congratulations on your rapid attainment of full membership (once you finally started posting Laughing)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

shroombee
#10 Posted : 1/22/2021 7:55:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sbios wrote:
Welcome! & as far as I know the purer the dmt is the less body load you'd get from the other plant molecules.

I'll keep that in mind. I've noticed with other plant medicines like shrooms that body load is related to my level of resistance. The less I resist, the less body load.

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Welcome and congratulations on your rapid attainment of full membership (once you finally started posting Laughing)

Thank you! I basically didn't post because I didn't want to bother anyone. Smile