We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mimosa Hostillis UK Legality 2019 Options

You_Big_Dog
#1 Posted : 1/22/2019 9:29:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all,

I have been getting mixed messages on whether or not it is legal in the UK. Thanks for the help.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

donfoolio
#2 Posted : 1/22/2019 10:07:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://ayahuascadefense....p/national-legal-status/

There you can find some infos. I'm not sure for hundred percent, but I think that DMT is illegal in all European countries, but plants containing the substance aren't. Only exception is France where P. viridis and B. caapi both made illegal after a process against a Santo Daime church.

You can get problems with these plants, because they could know what you do with it but generally it is not illegal to purchase them. I'm not sure at hundred percent, but it should be like this until today.
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

igorcarajo
#3 Posted : 1/23/2019 12:41:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Doesn’t the UK have a draconian law that more or less says that any substance that can alter your consciousness except for alcohol is ilegal?

Exitwound
#4 Posted : 1/23/2019 7:26:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am not sure about UK law, but in general, drug laws tend to include any precursors for drugs as a wildcard. Whether they choose to enforce it or not - it's another questions.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 1/28/2019 11:05:44 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

igorcarajo wrote:
Doesn’t the UK have a draconian law that more or less says that any substance that can alter your consciousness except for alcohol is ilegal?

Yes, although it is not clear whether selling alcohol with the intention of people using it to become intoxicated is an offence or not. This is not strictly relevant as MHRB (particularly if powdered) could be covered under the 1971 Misuse of Drugs Act for its DMT content.

People have been busted in the UK for ordering MHRB, IIRC. The old drug war trick of treating the plant material as 100% its illegal constituent has also been used, i.e. 1kg bark = 1kg DMT.

Exitwound wrote:
Whether they choose to enforce it or not - it's another question

Indeed.
Caveat emptor.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Clem81
#6 Posted : 12/31/2020 12:32:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

From what I can gather, only the powdered mimosa is illegal in the UK. Shredded or whole is fine.

Blazon
#7 Posted : 1/2/2021 8:47:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Clem81 wrote:
From what I can gather, only the powdered mimosa is illegal in the UK. Shredded or whole is fine.

wrong

all legal unless you attempt to extract

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 1/2/2021 2:55:14 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Blazon wrote:
Clem81 wrote:

wrong

all legal unless you attempt to extract

Please back this up with viable data.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Blazon
#9 Posted : 1/2/2021 5:30:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have no direct web link into offcial government webside however pretty much all UK bark online is powdered.No sourcing due to rules but look it up,I doubt anyone would be risking prison if it wasn't, especially when reddit is full of extractions going on.
Obviously it is only for dye purposes not for extracting
same applies for spores-for microscopy research only-live cultures illegal,spores not
cannabis-seeds for collective purposses,suveniere,cuttings/germinating seeds illegal

all analogues banned from 2016 apart from cigs/alcohol and prescription meds

the only thing still on is the 'poppers' sold in some corner shops as 'shoes refreshers'

Blazon
#10 Posted : 1/2/2021 5:40:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

for those outside the UK i will describe the situation here,I live in major city in the UK at the moment and have 5 big Wallmarts-Asda here.

In the same radius there are 5+ big hydro stores dedicated for growing eqipment/no seeds or cannabis literature alllowed-cannabis illegal to grow to this day,Project21 is going you can get legal script through private doctor for flower-vaping and oil

while Uk Staivex is biggest exporter to US in the UK cannabis still doesn't have official medical value(few sick children home office exclusion after media outrage)

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 1/3/2021 1:18:10 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I think what has happened in the legal cases I referred to in an earlier post is that there most likely will have been evidence of extraction taking or having taken place alongside the presence of an amount of bark powder. That is when the problem arises of the bark being presented as equivalent to its own weight of DMT - through misapplication of a law intended to count diluents as part of the mass of the controlled substance. How original plant material can legitimately be counted as a diluent, I'm not sure - but the law is an ass.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PedroSanchez
#12 Posted : 1/14/2021 7:37:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the way i see it is even if it legal i am going to keep my head down anyway.
the lawmen are always on the lookout for somebody whos life they can ruin in the good name of scaring the public.