We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
Phragmites Research Options

Blazon
#41 Posted : 10/5/2020 10:39:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
Cheers, king. Good luck with life!

A little update. My estimation of the potency of the phragmites I have been working with was based on the assumption that the difference in weight between fresh and dry is between 5 and 10 fold. I was wrong. I weighed the same material as fresh and dry and there appeared to be only 2x a difference in weight. Then, the total percentage of dmt and other nice tryptamines (which based on experience and research I have concluded is mostly bufotenine, an amazing visionary agent - I was also wrong about a significant presence of 5 MeO DMT) by dry weight appears to be less than 0.05 percent considering the amount of plant material I need for a breakthrough experience with rue.

hi,like your research,keep it coming

did you get your sample tested ?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

trncefigurate_aomn
#42 Posted : 12/3/2020 8:04:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
I have a sort of overdrive "antidepressant" afterglow today... Also, the loving vibe I got acquainted to with this plant in the spring is noticeable. The plant possibly can be utilized as medicine, but not like this. Season has to be taken into account and drying possibly might be a necessary step.

So far I have found both Phragmites and Arundo to be very satisfying when fully dried; so far I have been simply chewing a very small piece of leaf or the skin of the cane!!

Not being a chemist i am not sure which molecules are present in what i have gathered! It just seems like some sort of entourage/combined effect of all of the molecules that are in there. If what i have doesn't contain tryptamines, there is something else that has a very compatible potential with, at least my, biological makeup.

These very small amounts bring changes that are subtle yet, by providing an otherwise impossible slight and precise adjustment, is a rare and special plant medicine experience all its own!

i do leave space in between when i eat it and when i don't, so i can't yet recommend eating it every day!

Both Phragmites and Arundo dry and chewed both have their own delightful flavors! it is interesting to consider in light of peoples' habit of picking and chewing on grasses!!

dithyramb
#43 Posted : 12/3/2020 9:00:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing that (Though that quote was about phalaris), and welcome fellow Reed ally!

IME phragmites is uplifting and empowering. Very uniquely healing. And it has this smoothness and lightness to it such that (with the right preparation) increasing dose never makes it rough. It is so uniquely centering/grounding/balanced among dmt containing plants, and I love that. İt can provide DMT, but consistently getting DMT from phragmites requires unlocking of certain secrets. It's medicine is by no means limited to DMT, and it is a very rich, luxurious gift of nature... İt is a powerfully musical spirit with a powerful connection to the Divine. Most importantly, in my subjective case, it has been the most pure and truthful light plant I have experienced with rue.

I have not experimented with Arundo because of lack of success reports and rumors of toxicity. But who knows...

How would you describe Phragmites, and how would you describe Arundo? Also, can you tell us what is the difference when chewing fresh leaves for both species in your experience?

The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Blazon
#44 Posted : 12/4/2020 9:31:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have aquatica in my back garden-only know this thanks to nexus,I have noticed it went from green -spring to yellow in the summer and now it is dark green -still not freezing here but no more than 5C during the day and 1C at night

dithyramb
#45 Posted : 12/4/2020 12:27:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I chewed some fresh arundo leaves for the first time now. The euphoric stimulation reminds me of ephedra.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

king.tryptamine
#46 Posted : 12/13/2020 4:27:37 PM

🔥💀🔬👹

dithyramb wrote:
Thanks for sharing that (Though that quote was about phalaris), and welcome fellow Reed ally!

Leaves are indeed not lacking in magic. IME phragmites is uplifting and empowering. Very uniquely healing. And it has this smoothness and lightness to it such that (with the right preparation) increasing dose never makes it rough. It is so uniquely centering/grounding/balanced among dmt containing plants, and I love that. İt can provide DMT, but consistently getting DMT from phragmites requires unlocking of certain secrets. It's medicine is by no means limited to DMT, and it is a very rich, luxurious gift of nature... İt is a powerfully musical spirit with a powerful connection to the Divine. Most importantly, in my subjective case, it has been the most pure and truthful light plant I have experienced with rue.

I have not experimented with Arundo because of lack of success reports and rumors of toxicity. But who knows...

How would you describe Phragmites, and how would you describe Arundo? Also, can you tell us what is the difference when chewing fresh leaves for both species in your experience?

It's interesting that yall mention this. When I was originally experimenting with phragmites, I did a simple solvent extraction on the leaves, I forget what I used, but it didnt leach the chlorophyll from the leaf, so I was left with a white granulated powder in the bag. I never tried ingesting it though because I had no idea what it could be.

When they grow back in the spring, I will absolutely try to replicate this leaf extraction and will keep you posted on the results.

dithyramb
#47 Posted : 12/13/2020 9:13:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey king tryptamine and other folk!

I am wondering if you guys were able to get a hold of the paper which is the source of all the dmt references for Phragmites... It's real frustrating to not be able to access the material which originated the quest with Phragmites.

Paper title:

Wassel, G.M., S.M. El-Difrawy, and A.A. Saeed. “Alkaloids from the Rhizomes of Phragmites Australis Cav.” Scientia Pharmaceutica 53 (1985): 169–170.

~ Pablo Amaringo

downwardsfromzero
#48 Posted : 12/14/2020 12:53:40 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

king.tryptamine wrote:
When they grow back in the spring, I will absolutely try to replicate this leaf extraction and will keep you posted on the results.
Stating the obvious perhaps (it's my job) but this is really great because we have a virtually unlimited and uncontrollable source of light magic encompassing the whole world, so to speak. Reeds have so many other practical uses, it's pretty crazy really.

We need to watch out for stuff like bufothionine, though - I get the feeling that once too many people try this someone's going to get unlucky with one of the more toxic amines. The fact that it can contain 5-MeO is potentially dangerous enough in itself, of course.

Dithyramb - online issues of Scientia Pharmaceutica only go back as far as the year 2000. Perhaps you could try writing to the Austrian Pharmaceutical Society? (even if they do misspell Scientia Pharmaceutica on their homepage!) Otherwise there's a (rather well hidden) request thread that might attract the attention of the right person.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Blazon
#49 Posted : 12/14/2020 9:32:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@dithyramb

I have been reading your reports and I suggest you do obtain some nitroglicerin as your first aid

dithyramb
#50 Posted : 12/15/2020 8:57:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, downward. This plant has not proven to be consistent or compatible with popular psychedelic uses yet. I have to say, the tryptaminic effect from the vast majority of my experiences with Phragmites have been weak compared to classic psychedelic experiences, despite using a huge amount of material. However, the purity, truthfulness, alignment, and energetic compatibility with rue are priceless for me and honestly I value these above having strong trips. It makes me feel in a more "right" frequency than any other light plant. I am an unusually sensitive person; rue alone is very powerful for me (I am attuned to and focused on rue in my practice), and I can feel and appreciate anything that adds the slightest enhancement to it.

Thanks, blazon... That would probably be a smart thing to do.

~ Pablo Amaringo

dithyramb
#51 Posted : 1/8/2021 10:03:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So that's Claviceps growing on Phragmites.
dithyramb attached the following image(s):
IMG_20210108_165038.jpg (5,174kb) downloaded 216 time(s).

~ Pablo Amaringo

king.tryptamine
#52 Posted : 1/13/2021 12:51:08 AM

🔥💀🔬👹

dithyramb wrote:
So that's Claviceps growing on Phragmites.

Dithyramb, I see that you found claviceps on phragmites. I was unable to tell which part of the picture had the claviceps though. Was it little brownish black thing at the bottom center of the picture? Also, how many of these have you found? Have you tried collecting them and doing a cold water extraction or anything? I've heard that if you shine a blacklight on a coldwater extraction that contains LSA, that it will glow blue. Im gonna keep a look out for claviceps on phragmites so I can test them.

dithyramb
#53 Posted : 1/13/2021 2:06:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey king, somehow the Claviceps did not show up on the photo, but yes they are a bit more visible at the bottom. For me Claviceps just means stay away, I haven't tried doing anything with it.

Quote:
simply chewing a very small piece of leaf or the skin of the cane!!

I have come to the conclusion that it is Hordenine we are mostly feeling here. It has a pleasant psychoactivity of it's own, welcome for sure!

~ Pablo Amaringo

downwardsfromzero
#54 Posted : 1/13/2021 2:19:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I have found enormous Claviceps sclerotia growing on Phragmites before. It was quite remarkable, in fact - the plants were growing on a clod of detached riverbank that had floated out to sea and washed up on a beach in the Bristol Channel, UK. Unfortunately a camera was not available, otherwise I would happily post a picture of this.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dithyramb
#55 Posted : 1/13/2021 4:49:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought Claviceps is not possible to be rendered safe. What am I missing, king?

~ Pablo Amaringo

dithyramb
#56 Posted : 1/13/2021 4:49:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought Claviceps is not possible to be rendered safe. What am I missing, king?

~ Pablo Amaringo

king.tryptamine
#57 Posted : 1/15/2021 8:30:26 PM

🔥💀🔬👹

dithyramb wrote:

Well, I have not done research into consuming claviceps, however some LSD manufacturers farm claviceps and extract the LSA from the claviceps to be used in the synthesis of LSD. Claviceps has been historically consumed though and people would trip on it because of the LSA in it. LSA isnt particularly safe, and Im sure some of the other compounds in the fungus arent safe, but my theory is that maybe if the claviceps have a high amount of LSA in them, it might be some kind of indication of the dmt levels in phragmites. I could be completely wrong, but I thought it was at least worth looking into. I personally have no desire to consume LSA, but it might be beneficial in the research effort of phragmites.

Lemon Flip
#58 Posted : 1/18/2021 5:37:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We know that adding synthetic tryptamines to the substrate of P. cubensis mushroom cultivation can result in some natural/synthetic tryptamines never before characterized. It doesn't seem to me to be outrageous that this could occur in claviceps. However, the tryptamine quantities in phragmites flower are likely extremely low. Unless the claviceps can somehow biosynthesize something active in micrograms (not a long shot considering we're taking about lysergamides now) it likely won't be more active growing on phragmites than say a rye. Claviceps can kill, or cause gangrene, it contains extremely potent vasoconstrictor compounds that can completely cut of blood to an appendage, resulting in the loss of said appendage. Tread carefully.

Once it warms up here, I am going to go wound the earth, in search of phragmites tubers. I will report my findings, but I doubt it will be warm enough until late march :\

king.tryptamine
#59 Posted : 3/7/2021 9:42:54 PM

🔥💀🔬👹

The Phragmites season is drawing near.

Any thoughts on new techniques for harvesting the plant itself?

Is there a better way we could be doing this?

Are there any better extraction methods anyone is using?

I am going to be experimenting with both Phragmites and Sweet Flag (Acorus Calamus Americana). I was able to find land surveyor's notes which had exact coordinate locations of where to find Sweet Flag.

elchingy97
#60 Posted : 6/25/2022 10:29:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know if Lolium Perenne and/or Festuca Arundinacea can be used as an MAOI (& in what quantities) to activate any alkaloids in Phragmites?

Also, any estimates on percentage of DMT or similar alkaloids? Or can anyone just point me if digging ~1kg of fresh mid-dry roots is enough? (I've read somewhere in here that so far an estimation of 0,05% is the best piece of knowledge we've got)

I've also been on the Phragmites bandwagoon in the past 3 months, although no success with any extractions or oral consumptions (mainly because of the extreme lack of resources & opportunities right now / extreme survivalist conditions)

Let's keep the Phragmites discussion / reports up & alive! It's a very promising plant (mostly for its abundance), if we can crack some shizz.

PREV12345NEXT