We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2345NEXT
The Official *Must See* Documentary Thread Options

Sweet Tea
#61 Posted : 3/2/2014 3:28:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the updates! I'll have to check some of these out while snowed in haha

=] namaste

You can't go back and you can't stand still, if the thunder don't get ya then the lightning will

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

sidefx
#62 Posted : 3/2/2014 9:42:34 PM

Is it Greedy to want to see everyone's Smile ?

This is Great to follow
as it usually is a treat to follow the words and mind of Terrence

Terrence McKenna - shamans amongst the machines
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VHpk_7mO_U
"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

Kahdaj
#63 Posted : 3/3/2014 7:55:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a few I really enjoyed recently

-More Than Honey
A look at the disappearance of honey bees and the effects it'll have

-Blackfish
A story about Tilikum the killer whale who was mistreated and exploited by Seaworld

-I Am
A director sets out to explore the nature of humanity

Randomness
#64 Posted : 3/3/2014 10:17:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The TED lectures "a stroke of inspiration" and the one on Charles bonnet syndrome are really interesting and relate to the mind and perception.

"The substance" is a good documentary on LSD featuring Albert Hoffman.

hug46
#65 Posted : 3/3/2014 10:30:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sidefx
#66 Posted : 3/4/2014 3:46:08 PM

Here's a very good Documentary

The sacred science '

its about the Medicines of the Amazon.
Which I found very interesting, as I was in love with the Amazon since I can remember,
and always I was amazed by the concept of Shaman's ~ as I knew them as a child; healing people with plants.
it wasn't until later in life that I learnt of Yage/Ayahuasca and Curanderos'

This Doco takes us into the Amazon, where a healing centre is now situated, and run by very talented Cyranderos.
for the Doco they bring in some Very sick Foreigners, and the curanderos work with the plants of the Amazon to bring about Healing.
NOTE: All of these patients are extremely sick !!

"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

3rdI
#67 Posted : 3/4/2014 3:53:24 PM

veni, vidi, spici

id second this^^^^

I thought it was a quality documentary, probably one of the best I have seen.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Ufostrahlen
#68 Posted : 3/4/2014 4:04:25 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Entheogenerator wrote:
Dirty Pictures (2010)
- About Anne and Sasha Shulgin and where they stand in relation to modern psychedelics research.

Yep, very good, here's a HD link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B--z9YIr9Bk

just watched today:

Quest for the Lost civilization - Graham Hancock

What are the connection between Angkor Wat in the Jungle of Cambodia, the Pyramid in the desert of Egyptian desert, and monuments on Easter Island and in Micronesia? What is the under water mystery in Japan, the last time it above water was 10,000 years ago? Our ancestors are highly intelligent people, thousand years ago they precisely predicted the solar eclipse over Mexico in 1991.

In this set of three videotapes, writer Graham Hancock traverses the world and explains his controversial theory that an ancient civilization, highly intelligent people who sailed the planet as early as 10,500 B.C., spread advanced astronomical knowledge and built ancient observatories.

Also interesting:

無人島で孤独に暮らす全裸の男 - In Subtropical Solitude

78 year-old Masafumi Nagasaki is the sole resident of a tropical island located at the southern tip of Okinawa. He would rather obey the demands of nature than of another person, which is what led him to escape civilization and live at Sotobanari Island. We decided to go and find out exactly what kind of lifestyle he was leading, and why he chooses not to wear clothes.

Robert Monroe's Out of Body Experiences

Bob Monroe discusses how he came to create the Monroe institute and the Hemi Sync system. He gives an insight into his out of body experiences and his journey to enlightenment.

He was one of the first people back in the 50´s to oraganise scientific studies on consciousness.

He gained a knowing through experience, as opposed to belief, that we survive physical death. An experienced which took away his fear of death.

He describes how we arrive as a alien vortex of energy to earth, that our purpose here is to learn. We are here to learn a measurement system such as pain and pleasure. We need both as to know what the alternative is. We learn to manipulate energy which has a great value both on earth and elsewhere and in the process we acquire an intellect and analytical ability.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

sidefx
#69 Posted : 3/5/2014 1:26:29 AM

here's an alright Doco,

Ethos

About Large Banks and the ways in which they can influence the directions of governments, it wraps up with a good Moral on how 'We have a lot of control ourselves in the directions of things, power in where we spend our money; that our spending is really sponsoring certain growth'

it is hosted by Woody Harrelson and is good to watch before the Doco 'I AM' - by tom shadyac

And I watched the doco Blackfish' its an eye opener!

sidefx
#70 Posted : 3/25/2014 8:00:29 PM

Has anyone seen yet 'A blood red Sky' ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy_czJBSg24

http://www.abloodredsky.com/

it aint going to show were I am,
hopefully I can buy it or download it sometime;
looks really interesting !

Cosmic Spore
#71 Posted : 6/26/2014 4:04:59 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

Entheogenerator wrote:
How To Make Money Selling Drugs (2012)
- Very interesting documentary about the American War on Drugs. I really like the unique format of it.
American Drug War: The Last White Hope (2008.)
- ... Do I really need to say anything here? Laughing Yet another fantastic film about the American War on Drugs...
Just watched these for the 1st time last night: must see for sure. 2 of the best I've seen in some time.

Glenn Greenwald (2011)
With liberty and justice for some: How the Law Is Used to Destroy Equality and Protect the Powerful

Inequality for All, 2013 (netflix) - Former U.S. Labor Secretary Robert Reich makes a compelling case about the serious crisis the U.S. faces due to the widening economic gap.

Hubris: Selling the Iraq War, 2013.

"Why We Did It" - The Invasion of Iraq, 2014.

The Billionaires Tea Party, 2011.

The United States of ALEC, 2012.

Stealing America: Vote by Vote, 2008.

Billionaires & Ballot Bandits: How to Steal an Election in 9 Easy Steps - Greg Palast, 2012.

We're Not Broke, 2012. - Multinational corporations Paying 0$ in US federal income taxes.

Death by China, 2012. - Trade, manufacturing, etc.

The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz, (2014)

woogyboogy
#72 Posted : 9/22/2016 9:27:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We Come As Friends(2014)
WE COME AS FRIENDS is a modern odyssey, a dizzying, science fiction-like journey into the heart of Africa. At the moment when the Sudan, the continent’s biggest country, is being divided into two nations, an old ‘civilizing’ pathology re-emerges – that of colonialism, clash of empires, and yet new episodes of bloody (and holy) wars over land and resources.

The director of DARWIN’S NIGHTMARE takes us on this voyage in his tiny, self-made flying machine out of tin and canvas, he leads us into most improbable locations and into people’s thoughts and dreams, in both stunning and heartbreaking ways. Chinese oil workers, UN peacekeepers, Sudanese warlords, and American evangelists ironically weave common ground in this documentary.

downwardsfromzero
#73 Posted : 9/22/2020 2:24:19 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Just bumping this, without a contribution of my own.

What good documentaries have come up lately?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Loveall
#74 Posted : 9/22/2020 4:36:47 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Just bumping this, without a contribution of my own.

What good documentaries have come up lately?

"Kiss the Ground" is out today on Netflix 🙂

I have not seen it yet but it looks good!
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

AiL762
#75 Posted : 9/23/2020 8:44:53 AM

\-= Conquer Your Fears =-/

So ill have to look around for more recommendations but off the top of my head,

- The Last Shaman.
Its out on netflix. About a western young man who has been battling deep mental illnesses, got desperate and even after electroshock therapy failing him, he finally wanted to go down to the Amazon to see if can find a shaman to help.

Real focus is on how dangerous the term shaman has become with all the fake messiah ego maniacs and taking advantage of sacred plants for capitalistic exploitation. I don't want to ruin the film, but highly recommend to see some truth behind what real shamanism is like and about. Why its so cringy when I hear most use that term.

- Fantastic Fungi.
https://fantasticfungifi.../fantastic-fungi-english
Easily the best mushroom documentary out there. Only available to rent or buy on the website I believe. I bought and definitely worth it, seen multiple times. Mind blowing information from power house names like Paul Staments, Michael Pollan, Eugenia Bone, Andrew Weil, etc.

- Ken Burns: Vietnam
Its on Netflix and a LOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG watch. Split into multiple episodes. But easily the least biased and accurate telling of the American involvement in Vietnam. Tapes of all the presidents recording behind the scenes, motives, things you'll be angry that still to this day we get lied to about. Interviews with our GI's AND the Viet Cong. Seriously, I can not stress this enough go watch this, our government failed us and them WAYYYY before Nixon was in office....

- Manhunt: Unibomber
Its a series on Netflix also. Follows how the brilliant FBI profiler invented Language Linguistics and caught the Bomber. Then also goes over the Bombers motives, what led him down that dark path and so much more.
If there was any piece of film that changed my view of the world, it was this. I must've seen this 6x now and everyone that has seen it, it has changed their lives for the better.

- The Superhuman World of Wim Hof: The Iceman
https://www.youtube.com/...v=VaMjhwFE1Zw&t=224s
Short Vice documentary. I'm pretty sure most of you know of him. Goes over how his holotropic breathing works, "miracles" its been able to achieve, and more.
I'm in process to try to regularly implement his method to my life and been incredibly recommended by so many people it seems.

Those should be a fantastic start for now! Please enjoy and DM me your thoughts, I'd love to have a discussion over them without it going off topic on this thread!

Allegro Vivo
#76 Posted : 1/13/2021 1:39:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The loveliest docu I've seen in awhile is "My Octopus Teacher". AFAIK it's currently only on Netflix.

slane
#77 Posted : 1/31/2021 5:42:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

New DMT documentary does a great job at summarizing the contemporary research around DMT's presence in the human body. It's relatively short, and just about free of filler as well. I was slightly surprised to see them include as much Wim Hof as they did, however that inclusion is relevant and thus understandable. I think it also makes the film more accessible to the "drug-averse" crowd as well.

Even if you've seen other DMT documentaries, this one is worth a watch. It's less word soupy than others and is focused on science moreso than subjective impressions about what DMT might or might not be. Any conjecture by a speaker is clearly stated as such.

murklan
#78 Posted : 1/31/2021 7:01:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree on the 'DMT Quest Documentary'. Good watch!
But it was also full of this unnecessary graphics and stock photography. But I guess you need to have something moving :/

Spiralout
#79 Posted : 1/31/2021 8:33:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure if it's been listed here already but "A Film About Coffee" was pretty interesting. Some of the camera work is really great and it covers the different levels of coffee production, from growth (not so much at the biological level), to cup.

Loveall
#80 Posted : 1/31/2021 9:20:10 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

SLANE wrote:

New DMT documentary does a great job at summarizing the contemporary research around DMT's presence in the human body. It's relatively short, and just about free of filler as well. I was slightly surprised to see them include as much Wim Hof as they did, however that inclusion is relevant and thus understandable. I think it also makes the film more accessible to the "drug-averse" crowd as well.

Even if you've seen other DMT documentaries, this one is worth a watch. It's less word soupy than others and is focused on science moreso than subjective impressions about what DMT might or might not be. Any conjecture by a speaker is clearly stated as such.

Thanks, I enjoyed this one.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

«PREV2345NEXT