We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
An introduction Options

famine
#1 Posted : 1/12/2021 5:46:06 PM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

Hello fellow enthusiasts. Even though I am new here, I want to thank all of you for having such a huge influence on my life. If I didn't stumble onto this forum over 3 years ago, I probably wouldn't of ever did dmt and possibly wouldn't of grew as a person as much as I did. Presumably would of been still drinking alcohol often enough, etc. Months before this I quit all psychedelics after trying out lsd a few times and not really enjoying the experience. It wasn't bad but every time after, I would think I will not do it again. Dmt on the other hand, I loved it every time. Such a beautiful and visual experience that always leaves me in awe and grateful.

I did not join the forum originally as I did not have much to contribute and I never liked to read trip reports (I think they can influence another's trip). But after wanting to join a forum like this recently, I remembered and this is why I am here Smile I am quite a fan of chemistry and ran tons of tryptamine synthesis routes. Most of them being for my beloved 5meodmt that I have been exclusively doing for over a year now. I do not desire dmt anymore. I browsed a bit through the chemistry sections and can't wait to become a full member and be able to contribute Smile Chemistry and 5meodmt are two of my many passions.

Safe travels, famine

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Raptorrr
#2 Posted : 1/12/2021 6:06:05 PM

PsilocyRaptorrr

A good introduction Thumbs up

I can vouch for famine myself, I know him from another community and he's a solid guy, has plenty of knowledge on chemistry and would fit in here quite nicely.
The human being is this night, this empty nothing, that contains everything in its simplicity—an unending wealth of many representations, images, of which none belongs to him—or which are not present. ... One catches sight of this night when one looks human beings in the eye—into a night that becomes awful - Hegel

Anything perfect is worth destroying, in fact it is desirable to destroy it, true beauty lies in imperfection - Nietzsche

ms_manic_minxx
#3 Posted : 1/13/2021 3:06:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome! I'm glad this place has helped you out, it has a special place in my heart, too. Love

That's really interesting about 5meo vs. vanilla Very happy DMT. Do you care to elaborate on how you experience the differences between them and what makes 5meo more appealing? I've only ever experimented with small amounts of chaliponga in Ayahuasca brews, which is supposed to contain trace amounts of 5meo, but I had no way to verify. The visuals had a distinct quality, it was the only time I ever saw the style of geometry in Islamic art.

(Also making a note for any random person reading this thread, so there are no misunderstandings - while chaliponga is a traditional Ayahuasca admixture plant, mixing straight up 5meo and harmalas can be deadly and is not advised.)
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

famine
#4 Posted : 1/13/2021 11:54:00 AM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
Welcome! I'm glad this place has helped you out, it has a special place in my heart, too. Love

That's really interesting about 5meo vs. vanilla Very happy DMT. Do you care to elaborate on how you experience the differences between them and what makes 5meo more appealing? I've only ever experimented with small amounts of chaliponga in Ayahuasca brews, which is supposed to contain trace amounts of 5meo, but I had no way to verify. The visuals had a distinct quality, it was the only time I ever saw the style of geometry in Islamic art.

(Also making a note for any random person reading this thread, so there are no misunderstandings - while chaliponga is a traditional Ayahuasca admixture plant, mixing straight up 5meo and harmalas can be deadly and is not advised.)

Hello, thanks for the welcome Big grin

They are completely different experiences, one is a fun visual ride and the other is like the cosmic big bang. Before you even finish inhaling you're gone fully, all boundaries are gone, it is just infinity. At the start it was just pure whiteness but with more experience you are still in your room but it is still infinite/nondual experience. Kindof hard to explain of course, it's like me telling you to imagine infinity, you can't imagine it, you will think of something big or something on the lines of that, never infinity. I think doing 5meodmt is much better for consciousness work than dmt because it is just so much more profound. It is not like dmt where you come back relatively the same. A single effective dose of 5meodmt did more than over 80 breakthroughs with dmt. Permanent shift on how I view reality, changed all my beliefs. I was an atheist before dmt and I'm happy dmt pushed me away from that but it never did such a profound effect like 5meodmt did.

5meodmt just appeals to me more. Everytime I plan to do dmt, I just end up doing 5meodmt instead. Though I do want to revisit dmt this summer, just to see the jesters and all again, I do miss those guys Razz It is not that visual, either white void or just distortions. Not like dmt in this sense

Exitwound
#5 Posted : 1/13/2021 2:17:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

famine wrote:
5meodmt just appeals to me more.

I have been interested in darker part of 5meo experiences lately - some people having difficult experiences from 5meo.
What do you think about it? Can it be that 5meo also can show you hell?

famine
#6 Posted : 1/13/2021 2:37:54 PM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

Exitwound wrote:
famine wrote:

I have been interested in darker part of 5meo experiences lately - some people having difficult experiences from 5meo.

Personally I never had a negative or dark experience with 5meodmt. Everytime was just amazing. 5meodmt requires you to be not attached to ego self at all. The fear of death is what could stop you from having a pleasant experience. It is not like dmt where you can somewhat attach yourself to the visuals. It is much easier said that you accept death than when a white void is coming straight at you.

error.404
#7 Posted : 1/13/2021 9:22:19 PM

probably no rocket scientist.

Exitwound wrote:
famine wrote:

i wouldn't call it hell but it can traumatize you and might leave you with drug induced ptsd
when you really get to know "yourself" if you don't fully surrender to the experience...
i went through one experience of this kind and it also stained dmt for me (at least for the moment)
can also add this to my introduction since it might be of value for people like you interested in the darker parts of the experience
"I asked NASA if I could launch myself into space but they said no.
They're some of the most difficult people to work with."

VibeSurfer
#8 Posted : 1/14/2021 5:32:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome! I’m a big fan of 5-meo-dmt as well but I will probably never grow tired of nn-DMT either. Anyways, glad to have you! What is your preferred dose, set, and setting for the 5?
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

famine
#9 Posted : 1/14/2021 9:56:12 AM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

VibeSurfer wrote:
Welcome! I’m a big fan of 5-meo-dmt as well but I will probably never grow tired of nn-DMT either. Anyways, glad to have you! What is your preferred dose, set, and setting for the 5?

Summer, outside in tall grass Smile Much more magical than inside ever was me for me. Especially for dmt, I used to time my dmt breakthroughs so when I'm back it's sunset. So god damm beautiful Big grin For set I just need to feel mentally and physically great. Of course also wanting to do 5meodmt, not just out of nowhere. My usual dose is 18mg of synthetic.

VibeSurfer
#10 Posted : 1/14/2021 10:03:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice! That’s a hefty dose. I quite enjoy the synthetic as well. I would love to try it outside but I haven’t gotten around to finding a nice spot that wouldn’t draw attention. Someday Rolling eyes
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

famine
#11 Posted : 1/14/2021 10:18:06 AM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

VibeSurfer wrote:
Nice! That’s a hefty dose. I quite enjoy the synthetic as well. I would love to try it outside but I haven’t gotten around to finding a nice spot that wouldn’t draw attention. Someday Rolling eyes

Awesome Smile I really recommend! I got this private field beside me so I can go in anytime really. Funny enough it's owned by a church... they praying while I'm doing entheogens Cool Which do you prefer, dmt or 5meodmt?

VibeSurfer
#12 Posted : 1/14/2021 11:00:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think nn-DMT by way of Ayahuasca or Pharmahuasca would be tied with 5-MeO-DMT for me. I feel like the kick is very similar and just unmatched. What I like about smoking nn-DMT is a generally short duration which is easy to fit into a day at any time. Oral DMT is something I will usually get around to doing a few times a year over a week or two, and it's very demanding of ritualistic preparation, focus, and attention. But 5-MeO-DMT is what I love as a go to on a regular basis. It's just so nice, euphoric, eruptive, and I love the way it makes me feel like I'm physically disappearing. I find myself very comfortable coming back to it all the time.

famine
#13 Posted : 1/14/2021 11:35:28 AM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

VibeSurfer wrote:
I think nn-DMT by way of Ayahuasca or Pharmahuasca would be tied with 5-MeO-DMT for me. I feel like the kick is very similar and just unmatched. What I like about smoking nn-DMT is a generally short duration which is easy to fit into a day at any time. Oral DMT is something I will usually get around to doing a few times a year over a week or two, and it's very demanding of ritualistic preparation, focus, and attention. But 5-MeO-DMT is what I love as a go to on a regular basis. It's just so nice, euphoric, eruptive, and I love the way it makes me feel like I'm physically disappearing. I find myself very comfortable coming back to it all the time.

Awesome Smile I only had one experience with pharmahuasca but I enjoy dmt and 5meodmt more. For me 5meodmt is the most profound, I can do dmt breakthroughs casually anytime with no mental prep but with 5meodmt I need a day or 2 minimum to prepare. I only started with 5meodmt after 80+ breakthroughs with dmt and for the first few times I was shaking just measuring the dose Shocked Amazing substance though, hopefully in the next few months I will have more time to do it. Yes all boundaries just dissipate, the appearance of being finite is removed!

grimlid
#14 Posted : 1/14/2021 8:24:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi and Welcome. Im new but the humility you express is quite inspiring. To actually understand synthesis and still seek membership is really saying a lot. Im here to learn on how to better extract and manage my own NN-DMT extractions, seeking the cleanest and least harmful extraction processes. Its been a bit of trial and error with reddit as my main resource. Like you I stopped researching trip reports some time ago because I want to have what I consider a genuine and personal experience when using my own NN-DMT . 5meo is at least a few levels above where I see myself spiritually prepared to partake in but I believe one day.....
Thanks for your input and experience......
"I think; therefore I might be."

famine
#15 Posted : 1/14/2021 8:57:53 PM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

grimlid wrote:
Hi and Welcome. Im new but the humility you express is quite inspiring. To actually understand synthesis and still seek membership is really saying a lot. Im here to learn on how to better extract and manage my own NN-DMT extractions, seeking the cleanest and least harmful extraction processes. Its been a bit of trial and error with reddit as my main resource. Like you I stopped researching trip reports some time ago because I want to have what I consider a genuine and personal experience when using my own NN-DMT . 5meo is at least a few levels above where I see myself spiritually prepared to partake in but I believe one day.....
Thanks for your input and experience......

Awesome Smile Thanks for the kind words! I wish you best of luck on this journey. You should be able to get all answers here for extraction but if you ever got any questions, feel free to dm me, I'm always happy to help.