We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My ex passed away unexpectedly (non-covid) our adult kids are hurting Options

SynKyd
#1 Posted : 1/8/2021 4:14:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fresh wound today, they’re a thousand miles from me and 1500 miles from their step-dad but close enough together they can console each other. I am trying to respect their wishes and help them through this, my gut wants to jump in the car and just be there in 12 hours but they may be leaving to be with her family in her home state so holding off on that impulse.

Just getting this out because I feel safe here, any support or advice is greatly appreciated. A surreal day within a surreal week here in ‘muricah.......Love
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

potnoble
#2 Posted : 1/8/2021 6:54:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi SynKyd

I am sorry for your loss.
Don´t know what to say in those situations.
Maybe you can visit them when they are back?

Sending your family love

Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

Jees
#3 Posted : 1/8/2021 10:38:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Feeling for you and your relatives, I'm in the middle of deep grief myself, moms gotta go in a matter of a few days, could be any hour...
Love for all of us Love

null24
#4 Posted : 1/8/2021 4:43:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Wishing peace for you in this time of trouble. A lot of us are facing challenges right now, hopefully we have the means to face them head on. Keep your head, stay in the now, be good to you.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

SynKyd
#5 Posted : 1/9/2021 1:04:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank all, we are all going through so much. My mom lives with us and is also heartbroken for her grandkids. Rough couple days-
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 1/9/2021 8:50:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im very sorry to hear! No matter the age of the children, losing their mother must be terrible. I wish you and your family strenght to deal with this!

SynKyd
#7 Posted : 1/9/2021 3:50:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a game changer on so many levels. My own recklessness needs to stop, they need support and real healing, and frankly they are very much like me in avoiding the pain with detachment through weed or whatever other means at hand. Her sudden death scares the shit out of me, she was seemingly healthy and relatively young at 50. Collapsed while exercising of all things. Truly never saw this coming, me outliving her. The kids really didn’t deserve this, such a tragedy.

BundleflowerPower
#8 Posted : 1/10/2021 2:49:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SynKyd wrote:
This is a game changer on so many levels. My own recklessness needs to stop, they need support and real healing, and frankly they are very much like me in avoiding the pain with detachment through weed or whatever other means at hand. Her sudden death scares the shit out of me, she was seemingly healthy and relatively young at 50. Collapsed while exercising of all things. Truly never saw this coming, me outliving her. The kids really didn’t deserve this, such a tragedy.

I wish y’all the best. The past can’t change, but one can be open to awesomeness in the present and future.

Jin
#9 Posted : 1/10/2021 5:24:34 AM

yes

Dealing with tragedy like this is really tough , losing family or our loved ones

embracing the pain of this is not easy or even possible ,

stay strong friend

you aswell Jees , stay strong brother

illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth