We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Which did you discover first. DMT or this forum?? Options

barkbee
#1 Posted : 1/8/2021 8:15:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So what is your plan or what was it when you first tried DMT?

TL/DR
I barged in here promising transparency.
So, I'll spit some out.

I have yet to try DMT and I am scared-shitless. (it appears to be a healthy response to how others have interpreted the experience)

I think that 'shit-less' is actually the DSM.xxx term for it.

Its the last remaining one that I am aware of to try.

I am also as excited as I have ever been for an experience.

But I have punched my ticket for this ride and am working through ground school

Part of my job was with Health Canada trying to forecast the proliferation of research chemicals before they landed so I was pretty much ahead of the curve until 2018.

The goal was to arm any ER MD with some way for GC-MS to positively identify any potentially problematic Research Chemical in the pipeline so that best practice treatment protocols can be developed in advance.

We were never very worried about psychedelics in particular as a class.
(but had a hopeful eye on this site for many years and think it is incredible.)

Fun Fact:
Researchers don't call them RC's, they are referred to as NPS's: novel psychoactive substances.

I am retired from a career focused on addiction and mental health.
I have done both research and clinical work.
I am also an evangelical proponent of decriminalizing everything and educating.

Having retired I can finally tell my former boss at CAMH,:
Yes, sir. I really did some very personal research.
Conclusion: ?
Some of this shit is probably magical.
By Asimov's definition some RC's definitively qualify.imho

So my personal drug strategy has always been to try 'to try' everything but ONLY after investing time (sometimes decades) to control as many variables and risks as known.

But this has not been the experience of my peers. (many of whom have only explored the world of wine coolers after college.)

bb

“People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.” Michel Foucault, Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason"

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Lemon Flip
#2 Posted : 1/8/2021 8:33:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't tried DMT yet, been lurking here for years though. I am pretty certain I discovered DMT before I did this forum though.

barkbee
#3 Posted : 1/8/2021 9:00:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks. Smile

My post was not clear, sorry, by discover, I meant use.
but you answered the right way I wanted
care to share what you are waiting for?

I'll edit thanks

can't seem to find edit post title button but its in the first line

“People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.” Michel Foucault, Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason"

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 1/9/2021 8:24:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried it after hearing about it from friends who were also interested in other psychedelics. On my birthday in summer 2014, it was the year I met the love of my life and future mother of my children. It was a magical year.

After my first smoke and breakthrough, I soon found the Nexus by way of reading/researching dmt and ayahuasca.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 1/10/2021 12:01:06 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Since I had already been reading avidly about psychedelics for a couple of decades before finding out about the Nexus, for me the DMT came before the Nexus. I rather struggle to remember whether I had performed a successful extraction before joining here. There were certainly a couple of failed attempts with Phalaris and Phragmites before my encountering the molecule in person with the help of a friendly pixie or two.

Seeing as ayahuasca was mentioned, it was a full thirty years between first hearing of it and my first aya experience.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

slane
#6 Posted : 1/10/2021 1:04:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My first real psychedelic adventure was on mushrooms, about 4g, in the summer of 2006. I had a couple more trips in the summer of 2007 on LSD and 4-AcO-DMT.

I learned about DMT in the summer of 2007. There was a red coupe that drove around my small town with the license plate "DMT 420." In the state I lived in at the time, the assigned license plates were always "letter letter letter - number number number" so there was no way to tell if it was a vanity plate or a happy coincidence! I kept seeing this car drive around and it really piqued my interest. I looked up DMT on Erowid and decided I had to see for myself what it was about.

I first extracted DMT in January 2008. It quickly became a muse of mine, understandably. I taught my friend how to extract it over the phone and we had many fun voyages after that.

I discovered this forum in 2009 and even though I don't post very often, it's my favorite website on the internet. <3

Metta-Morpheus
#7 Posted : 1/10/2021 1:45:30 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Technically, the Nexus came first, in that after going down a google hole about DMT, I learned how to extract through this site. But I had traveled with spice for a couple months before Metta-Morpheus was actually born. And I have grown immensely because of both. Thank you DMT and thank you Nexus.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers